JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Subscribe
274  774  1174  1224  1264  1270  1271  1272  1273  1274  1275  1276  1277  1278  1284  1324  1374 
Page 1274 of 1383
Go to
I guess the point being, there's literally no reason to bring this up in any kind of recruitment session since that nobody in that room would be able to do any of the things that they're trying to sell for at least several years or in reality more than a decade later. You'll be at delta by then
Quote: Hi gents!
I went today to a JetBlue meet and greet, and the pilots said that it is possible to drop your entire schedule down to zero.
How true is that based on your experience? Thanks!
you can when the reserve grid is green
Quote: you can when the reserve grid is green
No you can’t. You can drop to 70. You can trade to zero.
Quote: Next year you don’t have to be based in FLL to fly below the red line. All crews will be trained in the LAQT starting in September.
are they finally doing this?
Quote: No you can’t. You can drop to 70. You can trade to zero.
I stand corrected
Quote: No you can’t. You can drop to 70. You can trade to zero.
More specifically: reserves can drop to 70, line holders can drop to 70 and trade to zero. Depending on availability, of course.
Quote: I guess the point being, there's literally no reason to bring this up in any kind of recruitment session since that nobody in that room would be able to do any of the things that they're trying to sell for at least several years or in reality more than a decade later. You'll be at delta by then
There’s no point in talking about something you can’t do your first year on the job? ! What’s your angle?
Quote: Hi gents!
I went today to a JetBlue meet and greet, and the pilots said that it is possible to drop your entire schedule down to zero.
How true is that based on your experience? Thanks!

This is how Jetblue operates. They lie to you without lying to you.

""You can drop your whole schedule to zero."

Theoretically possible, but literally no one at the company has ever done it.

"We intend to buy widebodies, someday."

We? Intend? Someday?

"We offer profit sharing."

After buying back 1.5 billion dollars of stock here is your $150 check. Thanks for single engine taxiing. Also, could you clean the planes and thank the passengers as they deplane?

"Vote for the NEA and we promise lots of growth!"

The growth comes from buying Spirit and merging. Your seniority won't move.

Long story short. Believe nothing this company tells you and keep your apps open.
Quote: This is how Jetblue operates. They lie to you without lying to you.

""You can drop your whole schedule to zero."

Theoretically possible, but literally no one at the company has ever done it.

"We intend to buy widebodies, someday."

We? Intend? Someday?

"We offer profit sharing."

After buying back 1.5 billion dollars of stock here is your $150 check. Thanks for single engine taxiing.

"Vote for the NEA and we promise lots of growth!"

The growth comes from buying Spirit and merging. Your seniority won't move.

Long story short. Believe nothing this company tells you and keep your apps open.

I have. April, 2020. Put up my whole schedule (lousy overnights), thinking I would be able to lose one or two trips (I had dorked up my bid). They were ALL quickly gobbled up. Literally.

Obviously not the norm.

And, because I didn't credit a minimum of 35 hours for that month, I didn't get that month's PTO and V-PTO allotments.

It was a lean month....
Quote: I have. April, 2020. Put up my whole schedule (lousy overnights), thinking I would be able to lose one or two trips (I had dorked up my bid). They were ALL quickly gobbled up. Literally.

Obviously not the norm.

And, because I didn't credit a minimum of 35 hours for that month, I didn't get that month's PTO and V-PTO allotments.

It was a lean month....
Ok. I stand corrected. One guy did it. During COVID while everyone was starving. Lol.

I'm very senior in my seat and I have stuff I cannot drop so.... like I said... lying without lying.
274  774  1174  1224  1264  1270  1271  1272  1273  1274  1275  1276  1277  1278  1284  1324  1374 
Page 1274 of 1383
Go to