JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Subscribe
4  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  24  64  114  514  1014 
Page 14 of 1383
Go to
Quote: Not awesome at all, because in your idiotic scenario, you actually answered the phone. And that's already wrong right there.
If it was true, you would be in their "helping out" list.
Which it's the same as "interfering with negotiations list".
What helping out list? I have been called twice in the last year to help them out of where I live. Both times I did not answer the phone. I never called them and put myself on a list.

I have never done an RSA and I will not since I don't live in base. However, I will pick up open time if it works with my commute to base. I usually swap things around but it is no ones business what I do with my schedule as it's my schedule. Period. All I try and do is maximize my time at home. My time at home is worth more to me than someone telling me on a forum I probably should not pick up open time because we are AT LEAST a year from any kind of CBA. If this company wants to run things short as far as staffing, that is their problem. There is not one thing either I or the Union can do about it.

And yes it is 100% ILLEGAL for ALPA to tell us what to do with open time, etc. Your buddy may mention it to you in the corner at an ALPA event, but ALPA will not publicly announce such nonsense. They are smarter than that.
Quote: What helping out list? I have been called twice in the last year to help them out of where I live. Both times I did not answer the phone. I never called them and put myself on a list.

I have never done an RSA and I will not since I don't live in base. However, I will pick up open time if it works with my commute to base. I usually swap things around but it is no ones business what I do with my schedule as it's my schedule. Period. All I try and do is maximize my time at home. My time at home is worth more to me than someone telling me on a forum I probably should not pick up open time because we are AT LEAST a year from any kind of CBA. If this company wants to run things short as far as staffing, that is their problem. There is not one thing either I or the Union can do about it.

And yes it is 100% ILLEGAL for ALPA to tell us what to do with open time, etc. Your buddy may mention it to you in the corner at an ALPA event, but ALPA will not publicly announce such nonsense. They are smarter than that.
So why are you even writing in here? Who is talking about not swapping with open time to make your commute better?
Your comments are out of place. And we all know and agree what ALPA cannot ban RSAs. Unfortunately.

One thing you are wrong though. There is a great deal of things that you can do about the short staffing. And it is not picking up RSAs.
We don't even need to reach a CBAs for that. As soon as flights are cancelled, there will be more hiring. And guess how can they hire and retain more pilots in today's market? Better pay, better QOL.
Simple economics.
I can't believe some pilots still don't understand that.
But hey, go ahead, make few bucks more this month.

You don't even understand the lists I was referring to are completely hypothetical?
Some pilots here are making me lose faith.
Quote: What helping out list? I have been called twice in the last year to help them out of where I live. Both times I did not answer the phone. I never called them and put myself on a list.

You are part of the problem sir. How dare you.
Quote: Nice job , douche. Maybe if you hold out long enough they'll have home basing. RSA vs emergency flight out of a commute city are very different.

Keep up the great work.
Thanks! Home basing would be awesomesauce!
Quote: Not awesome at all, because in your idiotic scenario, you actually answered the phone. And that's already wrong right there.
If it was true, you would be in their "helping out" list.
Which it's the same as "interfering with negotiations list".
Your English is hard to understand sir, but I did get the part about answering the phone. You're right. What was I thinking. Ack!
Quote: So why are you even writing in here? Who is talking about not swapping with open time to make your commute better?
Your comments are out of place. And we all know and agree what ALPA cannot ban RSAs. Unfortunately.

One thing you are wrong though. There is a great deal of things that you can do about the short staffing. And it is not picking up RSAs.
We don't even need to reach a CBAs for that. As soon as flights are cancelled, there will be more hiring. And guess how can they hire and retain more pilots in today's market? Better pay, better QOL.
Simple economics.
I can't believe some pilots still don't understand that.
But hey, go ahead, make few bucks more this month.

You don't even understand the lists I was referring to are completely hypothetical?
Some pilots here are making me lose faith.
RSA's have helped me spend more time at home with my family. If you have a problem with that BlueBlood too bad.
Quote: RSA's have helped me spend more time at home with my family.

How so?

filler
Quote: How so?

filler
I do a lot of flica trading so it is one less trip I have to pick up somewhere else in the month. Rarely are RSA's used. That's the only risk in picking one up. I usually credit from 80-90 hours a month. So I'm not picking them up out of greed. It's simply to spend more time at home. I realize it sucks that commuters can't really take advantage but I can't help that.
Somewhat on topic, why doesn't our MEC have a contract deadline....a line in the sand if you will? I know it's our first contract, however wouldn't you want to set a goal date? That would prevent the opposing side to kick the proverbial can down the road.
Quote: I do a lot of flica trading so it is one less trip I have to pick up somewhere else in the month. Rarely are RSA's used. That's the only risk in picking one up. I usually credit from 80-90 hours a month. So I'm not picking them up out of greed. It's simply to spend more time at home. I realize it sucks that commuters can't real take advantage but I can't help that.
Ahh, didn't know you were a line holder. Makes sense now.
4  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  24  64  114  514  1014 
Page 14 of 1383
Go to