Notices
Envoy Airlines Regional Airline

Envoy

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 07:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by Jersdawg View Post
Then comes the age old debate - do I list for the first commute flight home with a super tight connection, or the second one? The risk if you miss the first flight completely is that the agent will cx your PNR, you don't get rolled over and you lose your checkin time. The flip side, if you list for the second flight and are able to get to the first flight, your checkin time will possibly put you below some other nonrevs and you'll miss it anyway.

Usually I'll list for the second flight and hope we get there early enough to make a dash for the first...I've had mixed results with that but it sucks having your PNR canceled if you miss the first flight and can't get to the agent in time.
This seems to be a common tactic. If you get on, please cancel your flight so others can see accurate information. Not singling you out! Mainline does this fairly often.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by Inop2 View Post
This seems to be a common tactic. If you get on, please cancel your flight so others can see accurate information. Not singling you out! Mainline does this fairly often.
I always try to since I use United a lot of the time. I will forget sometimes but it's never intentional. I've noticed mainline guys not showing up for flights a lot, too, prob for that reason.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:11 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2017

you must be at the gate for the agent to roll you over. they do not "always" roll you over if you do not answer or are not at the gate area, FYI
Old 01-08-2018, 08:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by E190 Driver View Post
you must be at the gate for the agent to roll you over. they do not "always" roll you over if you do not answer or are not at the gate area, FYI
That's why listing for the earlier flight is such a gamble sometimes. It sucks to lose your checkin time.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Originally Posted by Jersdawg View Post
Then comes the age old debate - do I list for the first commute flight home with a super tight connection, or the second one? The risk if you miss the first flight completely is that the agent will cx your PNR, you don't get rolled over and you lose your checkin time. The flip side, if you list for the second flight and are able to get to the first flight, your checkin time will possibly put you below some other nonrevs and you'll miss it anyway.

Usually I'll list for the second flight and hope we get there early enough to make a dash for the first...I've had mixed results with that but it sucks having your PNR canceled if you miss the first flight and can't get to the agent in time.
List for the second flight. If you make it in early cancel your PNR then list for the first flight.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

It’s a losing battle really. Mainline is a major offender and I have just come to accept that you can’t really base what flight to list for based on the list. About all I use it for is jumpseat backup protection.

Flights I have been convinced I wouldn’t get on due to being way oversold I do and ones I feel should be an easy go end up being a nail biter. Just list for the flight you need or want and go for it. That’s how I do it. So far so good.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011

Originally Posted by flysooner9 View Post
List for the second flight. If you make it in early cancel your PNR then list for the first flight.
Don't cancel your PNR. Just have the agent move it over.

All you have to do is go to the gate for the first flight, tell the agent you're listed on the second flight, and they will simply pull the PNR over to the first flight. Takes them about 30 seconds. I do it all the time. It's normal stuff.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Training hotel van driver tells me that a new class started today and was huge. He said 70+. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited by inevitableneb; 01-08-2018 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by inevitableneb View Post
####### ******** van driver tells me that a new class started today and was huge. He said 70+. Can anyone confirm?
Might want to remove the hotel info, this is a public forum after all
Old 01-08-2018, 12:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by ParkingatMIA View Post
Might want to remove the hotel info, this is a public forum after all
I don't think it's a secret hotel... They got signs and everything.