Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-18-2021, 06:40 PM   #651  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Desdi's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2018
Posts: 303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
Is there a better word describe it? Having sex and having kids?

Until the female (lady), or whatever you want to call her hits the big change. Men0pause..I think its called . Whatever. Until that happens ladies do think about that stuff.

I know my wife does. But, yeah. I did grow up on a farm. Sorry if you were hurt by the word breeding. And no. I don't believe in quotas. regardless of what word you want to use. No way on quotas.
I think itís called womanopause these days 🤷🏼‍♂️
Desdi is offline  
Old 04-18-2021, 06:42 PM   #652  
Gets Weekends Off
 
biggun's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2020
Posts: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdi View Post
I think itís called womanopause these days 🤷🏼‍♂️
Don't get me started.

I think the real term was child bearing age. but, yes, noted.
biggun is offline  
Old 04-19-2021, 05:53 AM   #653  
Line Holder
 
Oletimer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: B777 CA
Posts: 79
Default

I see in the news almost daily that as schools and corporations go out of their way to cater to diversity, inclusion and equity (die) that as those policies become implemented people start rebelling against those institutions. Capitalism at its core is all about competition. You can't run a company grounded in capitalism unless that company fosters an enviornment of competition.

Scholastic achievement is also rooted in the principle of competition. So is sports. In every endeavor worthy of preparation and participation that has the essence of competition at its core, those institutions and their leaders get noticed. The cream rises to the top.

Gordon Gecko said "greed was good." Not sure, but the competition that takes place in board rooms, the class rooms, and on the field of battle is what makes life worthy of the splendid pursuit.

Once we kill the reasons to compete, we kill competition. Once we kill the spirit of competition, we kill capitalism. Once we kill that, we kill the engine that runs our company......

Look at business today. No one wants to go to work. Too much free money from D.C. No sense in working if it's all handed to you. Have some personal pride, and compete. Go out and earn it.
Oletimer is offline  
Old 04-22-2021, 11:22 AM   #654  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Apr 2021
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdi View Post
Yea not the standard to be shooting for!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/t...ding-gear.html


You forgot to mention the white male Captain who decided to continue on to Los Angeles from San Francisco after his landing gear failed to retract. Also don't forget the white male crew who landed in Los Angeles with 1500 lbs of fuel after taking a direct straight into a hefty headwind and ignored dispatch three times telling them they needed to land.
eastcnyc is offline  
Old 04-22-2021, 12:30 PM   #655  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Desdi's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2018
Posts: 303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcnyc View Post
You forgot to mention the white male Captain who decided to continue on to Los Angeles from San Francisco after his landing gear failed to retract. Also don't forget the white male crew who landed in Los Angeles with 1500 lbs of fuel after taking a direct straight into a hefty headwind and ignored dispatch three times telling them they needed to land.
NICE FIRST POST!

I simply said Air Indiaís standard is not the standard United should be shooting for, or do you disagree?! I made no reference of race or gender.... you took it there. Again not the standard we should be shooting for!

Last edited by Desdi; 04-22-2021 at 01:14 PM.
Desdi is offline  
Old 04-22-2021, 02:27 PM   #656  
Gets Weekends Off
 
biggun's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2020
Posts: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcnyc View Post
You forgot to mention the white male Captain who decided to continue on to Los Angeles from San Francisco after his landing gear failed to retract. Also don't forget the white male crew who landed in Los Angeles with 1500 lbs of fuel after taking a direct straight into a hefty headwind and ignored dispatch three times telling them they needed to land.
So you're making a "safety connection" between male and female crews? What was the gender of the mechanic who signed it off? What was the gender of the dispatcher who planned the flight?

Gender is neither a qualification for, nor a disqualification for pilot positions. The whole thing should be gender neutral. Another words, that's not a factor.

Air india and the other indian airlines are both doing it wrong, and in a different position. You've got to look at the poverty levels, poverty locations, and education rates in the country. In many cases India mistreats females badly. Their safety situation, sex-abuse, etc., is horriffic. If ladies want to stay safe, they need to get drivers, and live in a secure facility there. It is great that ladies in India are improving their entire professional skill set.

Seriously, you don't want folks to start posting all the negative events whereby a female Pilot screwed up bad. Those events would only take the conversation into the gutter. Your two events you posted about are statistically irrelevant.
biggun is offline  
Old 04-22-2021, 02:52 PM   #657  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Desdi's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2018
Posts: 303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
So you're making a "safety connection" between male and female crews? What was the gender of the mechanic who signed it off? What was the gender of the dispatcher who planned the flight?

Gender is neither a qualification for, nor a disqualification for pilot positions. The whole thing should be gender neutral. Another words, that's not a factor.

Air india and the other indian airlines are both doing it wrong, and in a different position. You've got to look at the poverty levels, poverty locations, and education rates in the country. In many cases India mistreats females badly. Their safety situation, sex-abuse, etc., is horriffic. If ladies want to stay safe, they need to get drivers, and live in a secure facility there. It is great that ladies in India are improving their entire professional skill set.

Seriously, you don't want folks to start posting all the negative events whereby a female Pilot screwed up bad. Those events would only take the conversation into the gutter. Your two events you posted about are statistically irrelevant.
I think you are dedicating too much towards this troll on his first post. When one thinks saying United shouldn't aspire to the standards of Air India implies racism or misogyny this is not a serious, rational person!
Desdi is offline  
Old 04-23-2021, 08:09 AM   #658  
Gets Weekends Off
 
C11DCA's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: 320 Captain
Posts: 433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
So you're making a "safety connection" between male and female crews? What was the gender of the mechanic who signed it off? What was the gender of the dispatcher who planned the flight?

Gender is neither a qualification for, nor a disqualification for pilot positions. The whole thing should be gender neutral. Another words, that's not a factor.

Air india and the other indian airlines are both doing it wrong, and in a different position. You've got to look at the poverty levels, poverty locations, and education rates in the country. In many cases India mistreats females badly. Their safety situation, sex-abuse, etc., is horriffic. If ladies want to stay safe, they need to get drivers, and live in a secure facility there. It is great that ladies in India are improving their entire professional skill set.

Seriously, you don't want folks to start posting all the negative events whereby a female Pilot screwed up bad. Those events would only take the conversation into the gutter. Your two events you posted about are statistically irrelevant.
i guarantee you the number of negative events where males screwed up bad far outnumbers those done by females.
C11DCA is offline  
Old 04-23-2021, 08:19 AM   #659  
Gets Weekends Off
 
captive apple's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Posts: 949
Default

India 🇮🇳 like the the caste system of India...
captive apple is offline  
Old 04-23-2021, 08:22 AM   #660  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Hedley's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2020
Posts: 738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C11DCA View Post
i guarantee you the number of negative events where males screwed up bad far outnumbers those done by females.
Of course there is since there are far more males than females in this line of work. To determine if there is a correlation youíd have to look at it from a per capita basis.
Hedley is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
United Drops Air Wisconsin (2005) Gordon C Air Wisconsin 10 06-11-2020 03:16 PM
What United Has To Do To Increase Profits iahflyr United 117 02-04-2018 04:52 AM
United Excuses flightmedic01 United 19 08-11-2014 12:16 PM
United Announces New International And Domest Rotor2prop Major 13 07-11-2012 10:55 AM
50 amazing facts about the economy Freight Dog Money Talk 20 11-08-2011 01:06 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:59 AM.