Notices

Atlas Air Hiring

Old 01-13-2015, 05:10 AM
  #10181  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2009
Posts: 49
Default

Originally Posted by captainv View Post
plus $55/day per diem, which you won't come close to using during your two months in the school house. free breakfast every day and free dinner 3 nights a week at the hotel.

and so far, on the 767, training pay is the first four months. curious if we'll see a real airplane sometime in month 5.
Is the per diem while in training as a new hire taxable?
BGD011 is offline  
Old 01-13-2015, 05:19 AM
  #10182  
Gets Weekends Off
 
worldfr8dog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2012
Position: Exploring the world, oh yeah and I fly big planes!
Posts: 140
Default

Originally Posted by BGD011 View Post
So what type of line could a new hire expect to get in the beginning? After a few months? 6 months? A year?
And, what would you say your average monthly pay credit was in the last 2 yrs? How about days off?
All of the above and none of the above. Crazy thing here is that seniority doesn't do much for you really. You owe 17 days of your life to the company, in what way will have so many variables one cannot say with certainty a specific kind of scedule. As for pay, you can count on 50h a month your first year and 62 after that. Anything else is a bonus. Days off are 17 - total days of the month though if you back-to-back that stuff you'll have almost a month off. On the other hand if you back to back it the other way you'll have 17+17days of flying. It's too dynamic here to give you sure specifics, so if you like surprises every time you go to work, come on over!
worldfr8dog is offline  
Old 01-13-2015, 05:20 AM
  #10183  
Gets Weekends Off
 
worldfr8dog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2012
Position: Exploring the world, oh yeah and I fly big planes!
Posts: 140
Default

Originally Posted by BGD011 View Post
Is the per diem while in training as a new hire taxable?
If you are not based in MIA during training (and you won't be) than no.
worldfr8dog is offline  
Old 01-13-2015, 05:40 AM
  #10184  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2009
Posts: 49
Default

Originally Posted by worldfr8dog View Post
All of the above and none of the above. Crazy thing here is that seniority doesn't do much for you really. You owe 17 days of your life to the company, in what way will have so many variables one cannot say with certainty a specific kind of scedule. As for pay, you can count on 50h a month your first year and 62 after that. Anything else is a bonus. Days off are 17 - total days of the month though if you back-to-back that stuff you'll have almost a month off. On the other hand if you back to back it the other way you'll have 17+17days of flying. It's too dynamic here to give you sure specifics, so if you like surprises every time you go to work, come on over!
Thx worldfr8dog.
Could any junior 76 guys give a sample of their actual schedules, pay credit and days off in the last few months? Much appreciated.
BGD011 is offline  
Old 01-13-2015, 11:14 AM
  #10185  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,236
Default

Originally Posted by BGD011 View Post
Is the per diem while in training as a new hire taxable?
NOPE and that's what you'll be living off of. By the time you take out taxes from the $1600 a month and add in the perdiem it's about $2500 a month which is doable IF you try to live off the hotel's food, cook boxed meals in your room, and live cheap. It was a tough 4 months but my wife and I saved money prior and made it. In general, changing jobs costs money and if you want to do that you should be saving money.
Globemaster2827 is offline  
Old 01-13-2015, 11:17 AM
  #10186  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,236
Default

Originally Posted by worldfr8dog View Post
All of the above and none of the above. Crazy thing here is that seniority doesn't do much for you really. You owe 17 days of your life to the company, in what way will have so many variables one cannot say with certainty a specific kind of scedule. As for pay, you can count on 50h a month your first year and 62 after that. Anything else is a bonus. Days off are 17 - total days of the month though if you back-to-back that stuff you'll have almost a month off. On the other hand if you back to back it the other way you'll have 17+17days of flying. It's too dynamic here to give you sure specifics, so if you like surprises every time you go to work, come on over!
The months that I had where the military didn't eat into my Atlas flying I probably averaged 65-70 hours a month plus per diem. You should break 50 most of the time because that's only 10 days out. On 2nd year pay it's a total crap shoot... Then I would consider breaking 62 hours to be a "bonus" unless you're flying into hostile regions.
Globemaster2827 is offline  
Old 01-13-2015, 11:26 AM
  #10187  
Tuk er jerbs!
 
NightIP's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B747 Left
Posts: 1,342
Default

Originally Posted by BGD011 View Post
Thx worldfr8dog.

Could any junior 76 guys give a sample of their actual schedules, pay credit and days off in the last few months? Much appreciated.

I'd have to look, but I generally end up with 60-day lines (usually 3 trips total), and credit 70-75 hours/mo on average. Days off are anywhere from 13-15.
NightIP is offline  
Old 01-13-2015, 12:37 PM
  #10188  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2009
Posts: 49
Default

Originally Posted by NightIP View Post
I'd have to look, but I generally end up with 60-day lines (usually 3 trips total), and credit 70-75 hours/mo on average. Days off are anywhere from 13-15.
Thanks all for the input.
If you could please give an example of 60-day (3 trips) line foot print. Curious where did blocks of days off fall in between those 3 trips. Also, is there a contractual min block of days off line/reserve?
BGD011 is offline  
Old 01-13-2015, 12:42 PM
  #10189  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,483
Default

If a guy was on the whale and living in ANC, how much could he expect to see ANC?
TallFlyer is offline  
Old 01-13-2015, 01:56 PM
  #10190  
Line Holder
 
alohastyle22's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2013
Position: Gear Jerker
Posts: 29
Default

Ive been at anchorage for almost a year. Im about 45% up the seniority list there and bid a good schedule. I normally do not end up back in anchorage until the end of the pattern. Most of it has to due to the issues that deal with the heavy rest rules. They don't want to bring you back and lose out on the opportunity to use you. Of course others experience may differ then mine.
alohastyle22 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
AAL763
Atlas/Polar
112
12-10-2016 04:13 PM
ProceedOnCourse
Hiring News
23
08-16-2009 06:40 PM
cencal83406
Regional
17
02-03-2009 07:19 PM
astropilot92571
Hiring News
4
04-26-2005 08:58 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices