Notices

Atlas Air Hiring

Old 12-27-2014, 10:35 AM
  #10081  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Galaxydriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: 757/767 FO
Posts: 127
Default

Originally Posted by Tango 6 View Post
Going back to ALPA? Wow that is the way fwd. The teamsters seem to be in bed with the company. I think its our only chance of having a good contract. I cant think of any contract that the teamsters have helped an airline with that is industry leading. We are supporting the lot of airlines in this airline division. Being the little dog on the block would definately be to our advantage.
Seriously, or are you just trolling? Without commenting on Teamsters vs. ALPA, you have to look at where we are and the upcoming timeline. After the bruising election we just had, you really think there is time for all that would be necessary for a switch and another officer election? What kind of solidarity do you think we'd have at the end of that?

BTW, who are you saying is in bed with the company? IBT (above the airline division) or your elected representatives? Do you think your elected reps would change in a switch? My guess is the same people would run and the results would be similar.

Are you on a committee or just sniping from the sidelines? Now is the time to build on some of our recent solidarity gains, not try and tear it apart.
Galaxydriver is offline  
Old 12-27-2014, 11:07 AM
  #10082  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2012
Position: 74FO
Posts: 31
Default

Originally Posted by kme9418 View Post
It's also the bottom 200-300 folks that are very portable and can make up their seniority very quickly somewhere else in just a few years based on mandatory retirements at the big 3. Makes 2016 kind of a hard line in the sand for me.
You're going to see a LOT of people leaving if the contract doesn't significantly improve in 2016. And, yes, I also strictly fly by the CBA. I also don't OB or OT either. We're only hurting ourselves by doing that.
BugZmasher is offline  
Old 12-27-2014, 12:08 PM
  #10083  
Gets Weekends Off
 
captainv's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Knuckle-dragging line pilot
Posts: 943
Default

Originally Posted by Tango 6 View Post
Going back to ALPA? Wow that is the way fwd. The teamsters seem to be in bed with the company. I think its our only chance of having a good contract.
On your next trip, ask your captain how well that worked out last time and report back.
captainv is offline  
Old 12-27-2014, 02:05 PM
  #10084  
Gets Weekends Off
 
KYTBRD's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2012
Position: MD-11
Posts: 245
Default

Originally Posted by BugZmasher View Post
You're going to see a LOT of people leaving if the contract doesn't significantly improve in 2016. And, yes, I also strictly fly by the CBA. I also don't OB or OT either. We're only hurting ourselves by doing that.
You're assuming there is a contract in 2016. I think the sign of no improvement will be negotiations which drag out for a few years. Folks will leave in the mean time, as no end to negotiations will = no improvements.

I enjoy the Atlas flying. I came here intending to stay and make this last, but I do need to see some improvements. A few posts earlier someone mentioned 2016 as the line in the sand. I think 2017 (1 year of negotiations) will be that line if no contract is signed.
KYTBRD is offline  
Old 12-27-2014, 03:56 PM
  #10085  
Tuk er jerbs!
 
NightIP's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B747 Left
Posts: 1,342
Default

Originally Posted by KYTBRD View Post
You're assuming there is a contract in 2016. I think the sign of no improvement will be negotiations which drag out for a few years. Folks will leave in the mean time, as no end to negotiations will = no improvements.

I enjoy the Atlas flying. I came here intending to stay and make this last, but I do need to see some improvements. A few posts earlier someone mentioned 2016 as the line in the sand. I think 2017 (1 year of negotiations) will be that line if no contract is signed.
Hate to say, unless the company really comes to the table in good faith, 2018 or 2019 is probably more realistic. Could even go beyond that if it gets really bad.
NightIP is offline  
Old 12-27-2014, 04:51 PM
  #10086  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: CA 747-400/-8
Posts: 66
Default

Originally Posted by NightIP View Post
Hate to say, unless the company really comes to the table in good faith, 2018 or 2019 is probably more realistic. Could even go beyond that if it gets really bad.
+1...We need to have the NMB involved from the start as well. The company is not going to come to the table in good faith.
jetjock6 is offline  
Old 12-27-2014, 06:41 PM
  #10087  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2013
Posts: 4,615
Default

Originally Posted by jetjock6 View Post
+1...We need to have the NMB involved from the start as well. The company is not going to come to the table in good faith.
IIRC, the NMB doesn't get involved "from the start". It's only after talks have stalled/failed/impasse or whatever else has happened;

Under the Railway Labor Act, an airline or railroad union contract does not expire; it remains in force and amendable until a new contract is ratified by the union members, or until either side exercises "self-help," which could be a strike by employees or a lockout by management. Before this can happen, the NMB-appointed mediator must declare an impasse in negotiations, which starts a 30-day cooling off period, during which negotiations continue.
So, in typical fashion, NC and company meet, have pi$$ing match, disagree, talks continue.......Wash, rinse, repeat........

Over the course of YEARS before anything happens.
John Carr is offline  
Old 12-27-2014, 07:35 PM
  #10088  
Gets Weekends Off
 
JerrySpringer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: 747RJ
Posts: 441
Default

Start saving your strike fund TODAY if you don't already have one.
JerrySpringer is offline  
Old 12-27-2014, 08:08 PM
  #10089  
Gets Weekends Off
 
KYTBRD's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2012
Position: MD-11
Posts: 245
Default

Originally Posted by JerrySpringer View Post
Start saving your strike fund TODAY if you don't already have one.
You have to be senior enough around here to have a strike fund and be willing to work more than 17 days.

Strike fund and Junior FO don't go hand in hand around here when folks are being reduced to min guarantee and can't get an OT trip on VX days. Not a complaint but and honest observation.
KYTBRD is offline  
Old 12-27-2014, 08:56 PM
  #10090  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Whaledriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: Left Seat
Posts: 466
Default

Looks like the bottom three hundred are stepping up. Three 767 FO trip filled.
Whaledriver is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
AAL763
Atlas/Polar
112
12-10-2016 05:13 PM
ProceedOnCourse
Hiring News
23
08-16-2009 07:40 PM
cencal83406
Regional
17
02-03-2009 08:19 PM
astropilot92571
Hiring News
4
04-26-2005 09:58 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices