Notices

Atlas Air Hiring

Old 07-26-2014, 10:32 AM
  #9081  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,513
Default

is the applicant pool really large?
Prior C5 IP, 2200 TT with 1k PIC. applied in May and haven't heard a peep.
tunes is offline  
Old 07-26-2014, 10:39 AM
  #9082  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2008
Posts: 617
Default

Originally Posted by tunes View Post
is the applicant pool really large?
Prior C5 IP, 2200 TT with 1k PIC. applied in May and haven't heard a peep.
Yes. I would say your chances are good with your qualifications but people have applied for years before getting the call. Internal recommendations seem to help as well.
SVA402 is offline  
Old 07-26-2014, 10:55 AM
  #9083  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,513
Default

Originally Posted by SVA402 View Post
Yes. I would say your chances are good with your qualifications but people have applied for years before getting the call. Internal recommendations seem to help as well.
had 1 and put it on the PAQ
tunes is offline  
Old 07-26-2014, 11:04 AM
  #9084  
Tuk er jerbs!
 
NightIP's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B747 Left
Posts: 1,342
Default

Originally Posted by tunes View Post
had 1 and put it on the PAQ
Make sure your rec goes into Crew Corner and follows the directions for submitting a recommendation. It'll be on the left side under "Recommend a New Crewmember."
NightIP is offline  
Old 07-26-2014, 11:17 AM
  #9085  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Posts: 249
Default

New seniority list out. Roughly the same amount of pilots. Currently a 9 year upgrade...
CandlerKid is offline  
Old 07-26-2014, 11:34 AM
  #9086  
Tuk er jerbs!
 
NightIP's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B747 Left
Posts: 1,342
Default

Originally Posted by CandlerKid View Post
New seniority list out. Roughly the same amount of pilots. Currently a 9 year upgrade...
Meanwhile, I've moved up 43 numbers in 6 months... It would seem the major movement is on the FO side. Go figure.
NightIP is offline  
Old 07-26-2014, 12:10 PM
  #9087  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Posts: 264
Default

Originally Posted by CandlerKid View Post
New seniority list out. Roughly the same amount of pilots. Currently a 9 year upgrade...
The current 9 years to upgrade will certainly NOT apply moving forward unless there is significant expansion. The constant hiring over the last several years has been mostly folks at the younger end of the spectrum. A new hire now may not see upgrade for more than 15+ years, possibly significantly longer.

Of course, the attrition numbers to other carriers will have a big impact as well.
WTFover is offline  
Old 07-26-2014, 12:36 PM
  #9088  
Tuk er jerbs!
 
NightIP's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B747 Left
Posts: 1,342
Default

Originally Posted by WTFover View Post
The current 9 years to upgrade will certainly NOT apply moving forward unless there is significant expansion. The constant hiring over the last several years has been mostly folks at the younger end of the spectrum. A new hire now may not see upgrade for more than 15+ years, possibly significantly longer.

Of course, the attrition numbers to other carriers will have a big impact as well.
I was actually going to say the opposite. That might be true if people were sticking around here as a career gig, but with the current movement, I don't see 15+ being accurate...
NightIP is offline  
Old 07-26-2014, 12:58 PM
  #9089  
Gets Weekends Off
 
744driver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2010
Position: B767 CA
Posts: 1,100
Default

Originally Posted by NightIP View Post
I was actually going to say the opposite. That might be true if people were sticking around here as a career gig, but with the current movement, I don't see 15+ being accurate...
I agree...15+ years to upgrade is not likely, I think it'll be about half that.
744driver is offline  
Old 07-26-2014, 01:42 PM
  #9090  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Posts: 249
Default

If every junior FO leaves it doesn't increase upgrade time. 1000 pilots now. 517 is the junior Captain. 30 retirements a year. I'm not good at math but that's a long time to upgrade. Assuming no growth of course.
CandlerKid is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
astropilot92571
Hiring News
6
05-15-2024 01:03 PM
AAL763
Atlas/Polar
112
12-10-2016 04:13 PM
ProceedOnCourse
Hiring News
23
08-16-2009 06:40 PM
cencal83406
Regional
17
02-03-2009 07:19 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices