Notices

Atlas Air Hiring

Old 12-29-2014, 04:42 PM
  #10111  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,236
Default

Originally Posted by 744driver
"Loyalist"?...I am assuming you are referring to my post above...I am hardly a loyalist. Obviously you don't know me...ask around please!!

Asking for "fair and balanced" hardly means I am loyalist.

BTW, Globemaster has since answered in a "fair and balanced" and thoughtful answer rather than name-calling. I was only asking for all of us to be honest in the first place!!

And yes, calling me a "loyalist" is offensive and a great insult to me!!
I know very few "loyalists" out on the line. I am very optimistic that we understand that we're getting screwed and I think the next two years will be tough on the people who think they'll get away with paying us 60% of the fair market value of our labor.
Globemaster2827 is offline  
Old 12-29-2014, 05:10 PM
  #10112  
Gets Weekends Off
 
744driver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2010
Position: B767 CA
Posts: 1,100
Default

Agree 100%, Globemaster.

I think we are on the same page, but I just want to make sure we are presenting a good case for and against to the prospective Atlas pilot. Anything else is a disservice to them...and the purpose of this thread.
744driver is offline  
Old 12-29-2014, 06:51 PM
  #10113  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2009
Position: A320 CA
Posts: 288
Default

Originally Posted by Fillmore Slim
FWIW our CEO specifically stated in one of his public conference calls with investors (8K or 10K) that they were not planning on coming to the table until the last possible moment (2018 or later). The reference is on the "other" pilot forum. IMHO, it will get worse before it gets better.

~Slim
He does have the right to change his mind on what he stated above... and we can help him by flying the CBA. Negotiation is always going on, even 2 years early...every OT trip, every OB, every "favor". As someone stated on another thread...no bucks, no Buck Rogers. A done deal after late 2016 or very early 2017 is a fail. 2018 or later is egregious.
kme9418 is offline  
Old 12-29-2014, 09:23 PM
  #10114  
Gets Weekends Off
 
JerrySpringer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: 747RJ
Posts: 441
Default

Originally Posted by 744driver
"Loyalist"?...I am assuming you are referring to my post above...I am hardly a loyalist. Obviously you don't know me...ask around please!!

Asking for "fair and balanced" hardly means I am loyalist.

BTW, Globemaster has since answered in a "fair and balanced" and thoughtful answer rather than name-calling. I was only asking for all of us to be honest in the first place!!

And yes, calling me a "loyalist" is offensive and a great insult to me!!
Are you sure I don't know you?

Globemaster's original post was spot on. There was really no need to expound further on it.

Like you, I don't recommend anyone to come here, at least after what they've done in the last 2 years.
JerrySpringer is offline  
Old 12-29-2014, 09:27 PM
  #10115  
Gets Weekends Off
 
744driver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2010
Position: B767 CA
Posts: 1,100
Default

I really don't care if you know me or not...that is not the point here. It has to do with presenting the pluses and minuses here. It is not about me or you...it is about helping the applicants make the right decision.

I keep having to tell you and others to make a fair case so they can make a decision and see if they can live with the minuses, and are okay with the pluses.

But loyalist?...hardly.

And the abuses have been going on for much longer than 2 years...thankfully the culture has changed in the last 4-5 years, and we will continue to build our group so we can march into negotiations lock-step as one.
744driver is offline  
Old 12-30-2014, 06:53 AM
  #10116  
Line Holder
 
junglejet527's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: 18 wheelin' around the globe
Posts: 61
Default reciprocal agreements

Hey all,

Just wondering if someone can post the list of reciprocal carriers to jumpseat/nonrev for atlas? Starting class in a few weeks and want to have an idea. Thanks
junglejet527 is offline  
Old 12-30-2014, 08:00 AM
  #10117  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Posts: 249
Default

Pretty much everybody. If it's some really obscure airline I'll try to look it up for you, but we can jumpseat and allow jumpseaters from any place I've ever heard of. As I'm sure you're aware it'll be a week or two until you're in CASS after starting class though.
CandlerKid is offline  
Old 12-30-2014, 10:01 AM
  #10118  
Gets Weekends Off
 
JerrySpringer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: 747RJ
Posts: 441
Default

Originally Posted by 744driver
I really don't care if you know me or not...that is not the point here. It has to do with presenting the pluses and minuses here. It is not about me or you...it is about helping the applicants make the right decision.

I keep having to tell you and others to make a fair case so they can make a decision and see if they can live with the minuses, and are okay with the pluses.

But loyalist?...hardly.

And the abuses have been going on for much longer than 2 years...thankfully the culture has changed in the last 4-5 years, and we will continue to build our group so we can march into negotiations lock-step as one.
Here are the pluses for a new hire:
- A chance to add international widebody to a resume to get a call at a legacy

- If you don't get called, hopefully enjoy a decent CBA in a few years

- We're not the bottom of this segment, but you can clearly see it.

- You can go some places that you won't anywhere else. (Purely intrinsic)

The negatives clearly outweigh the positives in this hiring environment.

"This is the life you've chosen" and "If you can't deal with the schedule why'd you come here?" are phrases way too often uttered in our cockpits. They clearly demonstrate a lack of SA by those speaking them.
JerrySpringer is offline  
Old 12-31-2014, 08:38 AM
  #10119  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2010
Posts: 117
Default

Originally Posted by JerrySpringer
Here are the pluses for a new hire:
- A chance to add international widebody to a resume to get a call at a legacy

- If you don't get called, hopefully enjoy a decent CBA in a few years

- We're not the bottom of this segment, but you can clearly see it.

- You can go some places that you won't anywhere else. (Purely intrinsic)

The negatives clearly outweigh the positives in this hiring environment.

"This is the life you've chosen" and "If you can't deal with the schedule why'd you come here?" are phrases way too often uttered in our cockpits. They clearly demonstrate a lack of SA by those speaking them.


IMO THis is generally from the dinosaurs that only know Atlas SOPs and will mostly be gone in 3-5 years.
C5nwhaleguy is offline  
Old 01-01-2015, 08:47 AM
  #10120  
He who lies first, wins!
 
longhauler's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: back in the saddle with sores!
Posts: 546
Default

Originally Posted by junglejet527
Hey all,

Just wondering if someone can post the list of reciprocal carriers to jumpseat/nonrev for atlas? Starting class in a few weeks and want to have an idea. Thanks
i thought you were starting class on the 5th?
longhauler is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
astropilot92571
Hiring News
6
05-15-2024 01:03 PM
AAL763
Atlas/Polar
112
12-10-2016 04:13 PM
ProceedOnCourse
Hiring News
23
08-16-2009 06:40 PM
cencal83406
Regional
17
02-03-2009 07:19 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices