Notices

Atlas Air Hiring

Old 11-06-2014, 02:40 PM
  #9791  
Line Holder
 
Brokenwind's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2013
Position: Gear and flap operator
Posts: 93
Default

I'm glad to see my ABX Friends got thrown a towel also....

However, it's doubtful that I DHL did it out of sympathy. They don't want all their eggs in the Atlas basket in order to keep everybody on their toes and to guarantee some semblance of service, should a job action occur in either camp.

With that said. There is a strong likelihood of further DHL expansion on the Atlas certificate in the near future...
Brokenwind is offline  
Old 11-06-2014, 07:34 PM
  #9792  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 210
Default

Originally Posted by Brokenwind View Post
I'm glad to see my ABX Friends got thrown a towel also....

However, it's doubtful that I DHL did it out of sympathy. They don't want all their eggs in the Atlas basket in order to keep everybody on their toes and to guarantee some semblance of service, should a job action occur in either camp.

With that said. There is a strong likelihood of further DHL expansion on the Atlas certificate in the near future...
Originally Posted by Brokenwind View Post
I am likewise glad that my ABX friends get to keep their 767's.

Atlas has bigger and better things to do than to squabble over some run out airframes and be part of that circus right now...
Originally Posted by Brokenwind View Post
Truth be known that the writing was on the wall for a long time and the ABX pilots have been in denial. I happen to know this, )conversation with several of them..

I'm so glad ABX was 'thrown a towel' and that Atlas is too big and busy to mess with run out airframes (I'm just glad I don't have to rely on the Atlas 767). After all, my poor memory thinks that ABX was a long term past player on their own and although they are now in the circus…they have been there a lot longer that Atlas. Also that writing on the wall thing....I'm guessing you share resources with some of the other fine posters on this forum as well (maybe you should check your pencil). Lucky for us, you already know that near future expansion will be on that certificate (can I get your stock funds as well...)

In actuality, this is not meant as a personal attack or a diatribe on your (at times) misguided opinions and statements. Just the opposite as (IMO) most of the comments made by you in the past are quite insightful, intelligent, and well thought out. Perhaps sticking to the facts and leaving the bashing to the side would be a better use of the forums….either that or it’s just more FOD.
abxflyr is online now  
Old 11-07-2014, 01:54 AM
  #9793  
Line Holder
 
Brokenwind's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2013
Position: Gear and flap operator
Posts: 93
Default

Originally Posted by abxflyr View Post
I'm so glad ABX was 'thrown a towel' and that Atlas is too big and busy to mess with run out airframes (I'm just glad I don't have to rely on the Atlas 767). After all, my poor memory thinks that ABX was a long term past player on their own and although they are now in the circus…they have been there a lot longer that Atlas. Also that writing on the wall thing....I'm guessing you share resources with some of the other fine posters on this forum as well (maybe you should check your pencil). Lucky for us, you already know that near future expansion will be on that certificate (can I get your stock funds as well...)

In actuality, this is not meant as a personal attack or a diatribe on your (at times) misguided opinions and statements. Just the opposite as (IMO) most of the comments made by you in the past are quite insightful, intelligent, and well thought out. Perhaps sticking to the facts and leaving the bashing to the side would be a better use of the forums….either that or it’s just more FOD.
Sheesh! I must have struck a nerve... (a bit sensitive are we?)

You don't need to get your knickers in a knot about me calling the kettle black!

I am truly relieved on behalf of the bottom percentile of your pilot group, of whom I know many and are my friends. IF they get their impending furloughs cancelled based on this piece of good news it will be a happy day for us all.

I just hope they never get see another one of those nasty letters your management seem to frivolously distribute at will...

In any case, your defensive attitude is noted and I will be more careful around you in the future.

This is the Atlas Hiring Thread and I'm sure there are more pertinent matters to be discussed.

Case closed!
Brokenwind is offline  
Old 11-07-2014, 01:58 AM
  #9794  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2014
Position: B-767
Posts: 158
Default

Last I checked, Atlas was at 99.3 percent reliability over a 52 week period for the 767-200 (CVG). Maybe not ABX numbers, but still pretty good for those old shopping carts.
White Cap is offline  
Old 11-08-2014, 03:47 PM
  #9795  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Oct 2013
Position: BE55 Co-Pilot
Posts: 41
Default

Are there any Atlas drivers on here who overnight in Hong Kong? I have an interview with Atlas and would like to have a chat..(I live in HKG).

Thanks
Joser1965 is offline  
Old 11-08-2014, 06:23 PM
  #9796  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Talon1011's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Ex USAF, ex-ATA , currently Atlas Air 747 CA
Posts: 324
Default

We used to almost live in Hong Kong but as customers and contracts change so do our predominant layovers. It's been quite a while since I've been there but I've flown with several folks who have passed through recently so we do still have a presence there.
Talon1011 is offline  
Old 11-08-2014, 09:21 PM
  #9797  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Posts: 211
Default

Originally Posted by Talon1011 View Post
We used to almost live in Hong Kong but as customers and contracts change so do our predominant layovers. It's been quite a while since I've been there but I've flown with several folks who have passed through recently so we do still have a presence there.
Being Anchorage based, I layover in HKG 2-3 times every trip since I got out on the line.
sandstorm is offline  
Old 11-09-2014, 05:47 PM
  #9798  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 14
Default

So what, if any, impact does all this have on those of us in the pool? Is there likely to be a long(er) wait before we can expect to class up?
Booyah150 is offline  
Old 11-10-2014, 05:22 AM
  #9799  
Gets Weekends Off
 
captainv's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Knuckle-dragging line pilot
Posts: 943
Default

Originally Posted by Booyah150 View Post
So what, if any, impact does all this have on those of us in the pool? Is there likely to be a long(er) wait before we can expect to class up?
I doubt it. They've been telling us that 767 classes will continue for a while, and it certainly appears we've been late to staff the four airplanes coming next month. That, plus now they say they take swimmers in order, should make it a short paddle, hopefully.
captainv is offline  
Old 11-11-2014, 06:06 PM
  #9800  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: 767
Posts: 33
Default

Was just in MIA for a PT and sounds like they are going to increase class size to 12 and might be running two per month.

Any word on when the first 737 class will be, now that DHL wants to add 40 737s for domestic ops.
S1tpilot is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
astropilot92571
Hiring News
6
05-15-2024 01:03 PM
AAL763
Atlas/Polar
112
12-10-2016 04:13 PM
ProceedOnCourse
Hiring News
23
08-16-2009 06:40 PM
cencal83406
Regional
17
02-03-2009 07:19 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices