Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Endeavor Air
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor? >

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?


Notices
Endeavor Air Regional Airline

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Old 07-04-2017, 10:01 AM
  #14331  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: 6 Train - Panhandler
Posts: 2,001
Default

Originally Posted by Casualinterest
Yea but what happens when the cs100's arrive. Another article in sky magazine about them this month. Talks about how they'll allow Delta to replace some of it's regional flying in 2018. And they have, what, 60 of them on order I think? Timing seems to make sense.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Theyre starting a new career progression medium called Endeavor 2 Comair.
TalkTurkey is offline  
Old 07-04-2017, 10:04 AM
  #14332  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: 6 Train - Panhandler
Posts: 2,001
Default

Originally Posted by Mesabah
The CS100 should do Aspen no problem. I think the planes will be growth, not replacements.
Well I hope your thinking outwits what's been published about the matter.
TalkTurkey is offline  
Old 07-04-2017, 10:07 AM
  #14333  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: 6 Train - Panhandler
Posts: 2,001
Default

Anyone have a thought on why there's a month-long delay on vacancy 11-03?
TalkTurkey is offline  
Old 07-04-2017, 10:20 AM
  #14334  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: the right side
Posts: 1,375
Default

Originally Posted by Mesabah
The CS100 should do Aspen no problem. I think the planes will be growth, not replacements.
No, they'll be some replacements, but more replacing the 717 on the west coast, to allow the 717 to come back to DTW/MSP/ATL to take the low end 88 flying. Delta has a ton of 88s to retire, not to mention it sounds like the 90 retirement is being accelerated due to engine costs. Additionally they are retiring a number of 757 and some of the older 320s at this point.

Quite simply, Delta can have 325 large RJs (of which 102 are 70 seat or less) and 125 50 seaters. The only reason they'll back away from that number, is running out of 50 seat airplanes that are able to be maintained at a reasonable cost or lack of pilots.

As for the CS100 in ASE. It's too heavy and the wingspan is too wide.
KSCessnaDriver is offline  
Old 07-04-2017, 10:45 AM
  #14335  
Gets Weekends Off
 
prex8390's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,146
Default

Originally Posted by TalkTurkey
Anyone have a thought on why there's a month-long delay on vacancy 11-03?
Probably gonna offer Atlanta to hires or we are taking 900s or open a Atlanta 900 base. That's my conspiracy but I'm sure I'm totally wrong.
prex8390 is offline  
Old 07-04-2017, 10:53 AM
  #14336  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2013
Posts: 200
Default

Originally Posted by TalkTurkey
Anyone have a thought on why there's a month-long delay on vacancy 11-03?
It's not really a delay when it's just an expected time for the notice; not regularly scheduled.
PilotMechanic is offline  
Old 07-04-2017, 10:53 AM
  #14337  
:-)
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,339
Default

Originally Posted by KSCessnaDriver
No, they'll be some replacements, but more replacing the 717 on the west coast, to allow the 717 to come back to DTW/MSP/ATL to take the low end 88 flying. Delta has a ton of 88s to retire, not to mention it sounds like the 90 retirement is being accelerated due to engine costs. Additionally they are retiring a number of 757 and some of the older 320s at this point.

Quite simply, Delta can have 325 large RJs (of which 102 are 70 seat or less) and 125 50 seaters. The only reason they'll back away from that number, is running out of 50 seat airplanes that are able to be maintained at a reasonable cost or lack of pilots.

As for the CS100 in ASE. It's too heavy and the wingspan is too wide.
Ahh you're right, the 160,000 is for dual tandem wheel.
Mesabah is offline  
Old 07-04-2017, 05:28 PM
  #14338  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Avroman's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: FIRE ALPA
Posts: 3,090
Default

Originally Posted by AnotherWriter
They both want the same thing but they're just arguing over numbers. Every negotiation I've ever been in I would call that a template for some kind of success.
Word I heard was the union came to the company with a plan for the $$$ that the company had said to come with and the company went back on that number and counteroffered with such a lowball amount that the negotiators just walked out. Perhaps we finally have some negotiators that won't just spread the cheeks anymore. Personally I'm looking forward to the bonus expiring and this place watching 75 a month walk again. I'll be one of them walking this time.
Avroman is offline  
Old 07-04-2017, 05:35 PM
  #14339  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2014
Posts: 208
Default

Originally Posted by Avroman
Word I heard was the union came to the company with a plan for the $$$ that the company had said to come with and the company went back on that number and counteroffered with such a lowball amount that the negotiators just walked out. Perhaps we finally have some negotiators that won't just spread the cheeks anymore. Personally I'm looking forward to the bonus expiring and this place watching 75 a month walk again. I'll be one of them walking this time.
Won't say I'm looking forward to that but walking out on shenanigans is the right move.
slowyourroll is offline  
Old 07-04-2017, 06:13 PM
  #14340  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,648
Default

Originally Posted by slowyourroll
Won't say I'm looking forward to that but walking out on shenanigans is the right move.
Lack of updates from the union, lackadaisical attitude regarding negotiations should motivate each and every one of you to reach out and say wtf?
gojo is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
StraightShooter
Endeavor Air
124
06-26-2023 10:23 AM
WARich
Delta
11220
06-10-2020 07:42 AM
Crash
Major
3437
01-30-2013 06:51 PM
shua757
Major
2
02-24-2009 06:44 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices