Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Endeavor Air
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor? >

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Notices
Endeavor Air Regional Airline

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Old 06-05-2016, 12:46 PM
  #5001  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: B767 FO
Posts: 195
Default

Originally Posted by pilotpl View Post
Current 135/91K pilot looking at Endeavor. Am I correct in assuming the junior base is NYC? And where is training done, MSP?

Also, I guess this is just a general question about airline pay/taxes. If you are based in NYC for example but live in a different state, where do you pay state income taxes to? If I moved down to FL (no state income tax) for example and commuted would I be able to avoid paying NY state tax on regular pay and the retention bonus? Or if I stayed in my current state which does have state taxes would I only have to pay state taxes in that state? I hope I wouldn't get taxed from both states....


Training is in MSP (potentially some sims in Phoenix if you're on the 200). NYC is junior, but you won't have problems getting to pretty much any base unless you want 900 to MSP? Pretty sure you can get there pretty easily too.

Age old question, debated many times. I pay taxes only in my residence state. I'd say check with an accountant/tax specialist though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NewOldGuy is offline  
Old 06-05-2016, 01:26 PM
  #5002  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Posts: 8
Default

Thanks for the info. Any gotchas on resume's or applications that they look for, or is everyone so desperate at this point if you have the time they'll call you in for an interview? My resume basically lists my work history, education, and some times such as total time, multi, PIC, instrument, and night.
pilotpl is offline  
Old 06-05-2016, 01:37 PM
  #5003  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: the right side
Posts: 1,375
Default

Originally Posted by pilotpl View Post
Thanks for the info. Any gotchas on resume's or applications that they look for, or is everyone so desperate at this point if you have the time they'll call you in for an interview? My resume basically lists my work history, education, and some times such as total time, multi, PIC, instrument, and night.
If you're current and either have an ATP or are qualified for an ATP and apply during the week, it wouldn't be crazy to get a call that day...
KSCessnaDriver is offline  
Old 06-05-2016, 02:11 PM
  #5004  
Where is my weekends off?
 
Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: A320
Posts: 318
Default

Originally Posted by pilotpl View Post
Thanks for the info. Any gotchas on resume's or applications that they look for, or is everyone so desperate at this point if you have the time they'll call you in for an interview? My resume basically lists my work history, education, and some times such as total time, multi, PIC, instrument, and night.
I got a call within a few hours. I have my ATP and currently fly 135.
Outof410 is offline  
Old 06-05-2016, 03:58 PM
  #5005  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Posts: 8
Default

Originally Posted by Outof410 View Post
I got a call within a few hours. I have my ATP and currently fly 135.
Yeah I got ATP qualifications actually working on getting it, so I don't have to do the CTP course (test was done in July 2014). But either way it doesn't seem to matter as long as you have the hours. Looks like the application is through airline apps.. did you get an interview date or they do a phone interview as well?
pilotpl is offline  
Old 06-05-2016, 06:55 PM
  #5006  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: 757 FO
Posts: 38
Default

Originally Posted by pilotpl View Post
Current 135/91K pilot looking at Endeavor. Am I correct in assuming the junior base is NYC? And where is training done, MSP?

Also, I guess this is just a general question about airline pay/taxes. If you are based in NYC for example but live in a different state, where do you pay state income taxes to? If I moved down to FL (no state income tax) for example and commuted would I be able to avoid paying NY state tax on regular pay and the retention bonus? Or if I stayed in my current state which does have state taxes would I only have to pay state taxes in that state? I hope I wouldn't get taxed from both states....
Someone answered the states... But, If you're based in NY, you're going to pay the SDI (short term disability) tax each check. It's not much, and a few guys I know were able to collect on it while off work, on a short term disability leave.
Jamis81 is offline  
Old 06-06-2016, 02:54 AM
  #5007  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Xelectro's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: CRJ-700
Posts: 177
Default

Is JFK only 900 or is there a 200 base as well? And what do reserve times look like on both types?
Xelectro is offline  
Old 06-06-2016, 03:35 AM
  #5008  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Posts: 8
Default

Originally Posted by Jamis81 View Post
Someone answered the states... But, If you're based in NY, you're going to pay the SDI (short term disability) tax each check. It's not much, and a few guys I know were able to collect on it while off work, on a short term disability leave.
So it would just be that for NY, then your resident state tax, or none if you live in a place like FL?
pilotpl is offline  
Old 06-06-2016, 04:19 AM
  #5009  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Gearswinger's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2012
Posts: 465
Default

Originally Posted by pilotpl View Post
So it would just be that for NY, then your resident state tax, or none if you live in a place like FL?
NY SDI is $1.30 a paycheck. Get hurt and have to be out of work and they will pay you a few hundred a month. It is the best money you will ever spend.

Your taxes will be the same as any other job. State you live in, federal, SOC Sec, Medicare.
Gearswinger is offline  
Old 06-06-2016, 04:27 AM
  #5010  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2008
Posts: 318
Default

Originally Posted by Xelectro View Post
Is JFK only 900 or is there a 200 base as well? And what do reserve times look like on both types?
JFK will be a 200 base on August 1st from what union folks tell me despite public announcements from company saying a Sept 1st open date. Since it isn't open we aren't sure how long reserve will be. What can be reasonably speculated is that the 200 will go junior relative to the 900 in JFK and reserve times will be less. Not only is it a less desired airframe, but there is fleet growth on the 200 so it is a reasonable assumption.
pa28dakota is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
StraightShooter
Endeavor Air
124
06-26-2023 10:23 AM
WARich
Delta
11220
06-10-2020 07:42 AM
Crash
Major
3437
01-30-2013 06:51 PM
shua757
Major
2
02-24-2009 06:44 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices