Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Endeavor Air
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor? >

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Notices
Endeavor Air Regional Airline

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Old 11-15-2016, 06:05 AM
  #8271  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2015
Position: CRJ 200 CA
Posts: 210
Default

Originally Posted by Avroman View Post
In that sense, yes. Either you are qualified to fly your brand's passengers or you are not. If not, you shouldn't be flying them in a Boeing or a Bombardier.
Yes that is correct. Qualified does not mean preferred. There is more to being a passenger caring pilot than being qualified. Customer care is important, personal hygiene, empathy toward coworkers and clients, command structure, plain discipline (wear the hat no one wants to.) Many of these skills are taught in the military and one reason I think military pilots get high acceptance rates at Delta. Every pilot carrying a Delta passenger should be qualified to fly the aircraft. Delta is a looking for a little more out of their pilot, and they pay a little extra too.
Urbandrone is offline  
Old 11-15-2016, 06:10 AM
  #8272  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: CaptFo
Posts: 997
Default

Originally Posted by Green Needles View Post
One of the big problems is the disconnect between mainline ALPA and regional ALPA. Every other skilled trade union has an apprenticeship program. New members are trained and mentored in a structured environment. After a certain number of years and training as an apprentice, you turn out as a journeyman and earn full scale wages and benefits.

Our "union" doesn't operate that way. Despite the advertisements, we don't have a defined pathway to earning a mainline job. All we have is be a captain for two years and you can interview to maybe have a job. If you're not successful, you stay at B/C scale wages without all the other benefits mainline has. But, we're all union "brothers and sisters" and Delta "family" right?
An extremely accurate post. Representation or lack there of at the regional level.
Yumyum is offline  
Old 11-15-2016, 06:21 AM
  #8273  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: CA CRJ900
Posts: 324
Default

Originally Posted by Skittles9E View Post
I think this subject has been beat to death people....
I think they even killed a few zombies as well.
4myfamily is offline  
Old 11-15-2016, 07:38 AM
  #8274  
Gets Weekends Off
 
jethikoki's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Posts: 471
Default

Originally Posted by Green Needles View Post
One of the big problems is the disconnect between mainline ALPA and regional ALPA. Every other skilled trade union has an apprenticeship program. New members are trained and mentored in a structured environment. After a certain number of years and training as an apprentice, you turn out as a journeyman and earn full scale wages and benefits.

Our "union" doesn't operate that way. Despite the advertisements, we don't have a defined pathway to earning a mainline job. All we have is be a captain for two years and you can interview to maybe have a job. If you're not successful, you stay at B/C scale wages without all the other benefits mainline has. But, we're all union "brothers and sisters" and Delta "family" right?
EXACTLY!!!
A two-tier system is a type of payroll system in which one group of workers receives lower wages and/or employee benefits than another.
Some studies have found problems with two-tier systems. Some negative effects which have been found include: Higher turnover among newer, lower-paid employees; a demoralized workforce. Given enough time, a two-tier wage system can permanently lower wages in an entire industry. Lowering productivity expectations for new hires seems to alleviate some of these problems.

You also left out protected and unprotected. When our jobs go away they stay gone like COMAIR. When mainline jobs go away they don't. Even TWA pilots are getting recalls to AA. I want the same interview NWA pilots were given at DAL. Oh but you haven't been through a mainlines interview. NWA pilots did when they went to NWA and its better then any regional. Was it exactly the same as DAL? No but that doesn't matter because they are still a mainline. (It doesn't even matter if you choose to be a SCAB because as long as you are at a mainline you still get better protection then any regional pilot would.)

Why not just get ride of the 2 different interviews and have one for all so mainline pilots can stop their whining about if you had their interview? Then you can really have a claim about protecting your brand. DAL does just about everything else at Endeavor. Why, someone already summed it up previously mainline pilots just don't care. Have to move up to that next equipment for a better paycheck/schedule. Stop NAI that's all that matters. We'll allow you to play in our sand box as long as you never affect our pay and benefits.
jethikoki is offline  
Old 11-15-2016, 07:51 AM
  #8275  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Downward Dog
Posts: 1,877
Default

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
By that logic, Endeavor pilots should get automatic jobs at DL, but SkyWest pilots should get automatic jobs at DL, UA, AS and whoever else they fly for this week because they "fly their passengers"?
Well...yeah.
Should the complexity and cost of hiring for these companies not be pretty low when your ten year back ground check fully includes flying their pax around without incident.
WesternSkies is offline  
Old 11-15-2016, 08:50 AM
  #8276  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Posts: 692
Default

Originally Posted by Urbandrone View Post
Yes that is correct. Qualified does not mean preferred. There is more to being a passenger caring pilot than being qualified. Customer care is important, personal hygiene, empathy toward coworkers and clients, command structure, plain discipline (wear the hat no one wants to.) Many of these skills are taught in the military and one reason I think military pilots get high acceptance rates at Delta. Every pilot carrying a Delta passenger should be qualified to fly the aircraft. Delta is a looking for a little more out of their pilot, and they pay a little extra too.
Delta can hire whoever they want. But don't say that they actually care about customer care when they are perfectly happy to have their customers fly around on the RJ by supposedly substandard pilots. Like 99% of everything else this is really all about money not hygiene, hats and empathy.
sflpilot is offline  
Old 11-15-2016, 08:57 AM
  #8277  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat
Posts: 12,522
Default

Originally Posted by WesternSkies View Post
Well...yeah.
Should the complexity and cost of hiring for these companies not be pretty low when your ten year back ground check fully includes flying their pax around without incident.
So DL should pick equally from all regionals "flying their passengers" and I assume Alaska, Horizon, Air France and every other airline too. How about we include interline agreements? Why wouldn't we? So now everyone flies everyone's passengers. Even assuming we locked out all military pilots from legacy etc hiring, we'd probably end up at about the same hiring timeline as we have now.

The entitlement mentality is absolutely toxic, and you can be sure that professional interviewers can spot it a nautical mile away.

If you want a job at a different company, apply and get hired. No one owes you.
gloopy is offline  
Old 11-15-2016, 09:21 AM
  #8278  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,648
Default

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
So DL should pick equally from all regionals "flying their passengers" and I assume Alaska, Horizon, Air France and every other airline too. How about we include interline agreements? Why wouldn't we? So now everyone flies everyone's passengers. Even assuming we locked out all military pilots from legacy etc hiring, we'd probably end up at about the same hiring timeline as we have now.

The entitlement mentality is absolutely toxic, and you can be sure that professional interviewers can spot it a nautical mile away.

If you want a job at a different company, apply and get hired. No one owes you.
Well speaking of toxic.... you probably should look up toxic personalities. I would wager you didn't sound like this prior to going to Delta? This pompous attitude of we only hire the best of the best and the rest can go to United or American after flying Delta passengers around for many years is what gets people fired up. Seems like years of good service should account for something more that a gaurenteed interview and a kiss my ass if they determine you're not a "good fit". Not sure if entitlement is what you should be hearing here. But many people are just plain closed minded
gojo is offline  
Old 11-15-2016, 09:51 AM
  #8279  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat
Posts: 12,522
Default

Originally Posted by gojo View Post
Well speaking of toxic.... you probably should look up toxic personalities. I would wager you didn't sound like this prior to going to Delta? This pompous attitude of we only hire the best of the best and the rest can go to United or American after flying Delta passengers around for many years is what gets people fired up. Seems like years of good service should account for something more that a gaurenteed interview and a kiss my ass if they determine you're not a "good fit". Not sure if entitlement is what you should be hearing here. But many people are just plain closed minded
Never said I was the best of the best. I'm not even the best of the fattest part of the middle of the bell curve on a good day

DL does like those who "fly DL passengers" as evidenced by the massive numbers of DCI pilots they've hired both in this cycle and before that.

You say your time at DCI should count for more than an interview, yet many work for years busting their tails and going to job fairs and networking and doing extra "resume" stuff and upgrading as soon as they can and all the other things it sometimes takes. But you are owed not just an interview, but a guaranteed job. And anyone saying differently is "pompous", and yet you claim that's not a sense of entitlement.

That's exactly the attitude I'm talking about. And you can bet they are trained to spot that a mile away. You can try and fool them, and that sometimes works. Or you can recage your entitlement and realize you actually have to work for it, and not everyone will be successful with any given company. That doesn't mean they aren't (really) good pilots or even good people. But HR controls who they hire and if you want the job you have to get it through them, not us.

FYI you do get formal credit for being DCI. Its on the app and it adds points. They'll be able to easily tell in the interview if you've been a good employee (or at least if you haven't been I suppose) and the rest if up to you. JMHO, but I wouldn't tell them that you'll consider a "no thanks" from them the same as a big fat middle finger KMA. Be gracious either way and move on.

You want to know a secret about airline interviews? Its not really about finding the best of the best. Its largely about seeing if the applicant is motivated enough to prepare for it in the first place because that IS an indicator of future success. That's one part of it that really separates the entitled from the humble and motivated. Walking in and thinking "yeah I'm basically owed this because I already paid my dues at DCI" is an easy way not to get it.
gloopy is offline  
Old 11-15-2016, 10:13 AM
  #8280  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2015
Posts: 503
Default

What are upgrade trainees struggling with during sims and OE?
Slaveaway is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
StraightShooter
Endeavor Air
124
06-26-2023 10:23 AM
WARich
Delta
11220
06-10-2020 07:42 AM
Crash
Major
3437
01-30-2013 06:51 PM
shua757
Major
2
02-24-2009 06:44 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices