Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > JetBlue
JetBlue Latest and Greatest >

JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Notices

JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Old 03-29-2023, 07:06 AM
  #13371  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Boomer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: blueJet
Posts: 4,399
Default

My last trip was a 6-leg 3-day, 2 legs each day. Sounds easy enough for two pilots.

Due to delays and tail swaps and cancellations, by the time we were done it took JetBlue 16 pilots to fly those 6 legs. Thatís staffing efficiency.
Boomer is offline  
Old 03-29-2023, 08:20 AM
  #13372  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2009
Posts: 517
Default

Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
My last trip was a 6-leg 3-day, 2 legs each day. Sounds easy enough for two pilots.

Due to delays and tail swaps and cancellations, by the time we were done it took JetBlue 16 pilots to fly those 6 legs. Thatís staffing efficiency.
I did one a few weeks ago with 6 pilots, 4 2hr limo legs, and 2 ferry flight legs to complete a turn on a 321 with 83 and 100 pax respectively. Oh, and were all on VDA.
avi8orco is offline  
Old 03-29-2023, 09:23 AM
  #13373  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2023
Posts: 106
Default

Originally Posted by avi8orco View Post
I did one a few weeks ago with 6 pilots, 4 2hr limo legs, and 2 ferry flight legs to complete a turn on a 321 with 83 and 100 pax respectively. Oh, and were all on VDA.
You just donít have the big picture. I appreciate you singing up for VDA so I can coach my kids team.
Forward lav is offline  
Old 04-07-2023, 04:45 AM
  #13374  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Feb 2023
Posts: 51
Default

Originally Posted by Forward lav View Post
You just donít have the big picture. I appreciate you singing up for VDA so I can coach my kids team.
any update from internal comms about the merger? what the extra states siding with the doj means? whats the feeling from management. any mention of bases?
Swindler128 is offline  
Old 04-07-2023, 05:01 AM
  #13375  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: EMB190 FO
Posts: 6,151
Default

Originally Posted by Swindler128 View Post
any update from internal comms about the merger? what the extra states siding with the doj means? whats the feeling from management. any mention of bases?
I get, from the other forum why you're asking these questions. Just understand that they will say anything they need to to get the merger approved, but after it's approved they will do whatever they want/need to do as long as it wasn't a written commitment to do otherwise. Counting on ORD to stay a base for Blue forever, with what we know now, is a risky bet. There could be a large gate acquisition in ORD, and honestly I hope it happens, and think it should, but unless and until it happens, it's unlikely.

And how's your seniority gonna look when many JB dudes who live in Chicago or commute from the Midwest get their opportunity to bid it?

Use your upcoming ORD legacy interview accordingly.
Bluedriver is offline  
Old 04-07-2023, 05:16 AM
  #13376  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Feb 2023
Posts: 51
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Bluedriver View Post
I get, from the other forum why you're asking these questions. Just understand that they will say anything they need to to get the merger approved, but after it's approved they will do whatever they want/need to do as long as it wasn't a written commitment to do otherwise. Counting on ORD to stay a base for Blue forever, with what we know now, is a risky bet. There could be a large gate acquisition in ORD, and honestly I hope it happens, and think it should, but unless and until it happens, it's unlikely.

And how's your seniority gonna look when many JB dudes who live in Chicago or commute from the Midwest get their opportunity to bid it?

Use your upcoming ORD legacy interview accordingly.
yeah fair enough, actually i dont need to be in ord for forever but certainly lets say the next 5 years. apparently NK is moving over to the G gates so combined with JB it should make 6.5 gates.
Seniority atm is pretty good in chicago as an FO. I mean im a few years in and people have left in front of me.

unfortunately ive already got a class date with UA which kinda sucks as by now what was assumed was that a new contract was going to be out there. Now on the UA boards they are saying a new contract is going to be 1-2 years away.

yeah the choice is not easy.
Swindler128 is offline  
Old 04-07-2023, 05:57 AM
  #13377  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Position: Student of the game
Posts: 858
Default

Originally Posted by Swindler128 View Post
yeah fair enough, actually i dont need to be in ord for forever but certainly lets say the next 5 years. apparently NK is moving over to the G gates so combined with JB it should make 6.5 gates.
Seniority atm is pretty good in chicago as an FO. I mean im a few years in and people have left in front of me.

unfortunately ive already got a class date with UA which kinda sucks as by now what was assumed was that a new contract was going to be out there. Now on the UA boards they are saying a new contract is going to be 1-2 years away.

yeah the choice is not easy.
In the same boat but only a year in at NK. Really struggling with the decision. I've turned down one legacy to this point and sitting on another waiting to see when/if the contract rolls out.
PossibleDeviation is offline  
Old 04-07-2023, 06:12 AM
  #13378  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: EMB190 FO
Posts: 6,151
Default

One of the UAL guys said recently 100-150 planes a year for the next 5 years, and 2,600 pilots a year. They will eventually get a new contract, 1-2 years is nothing over a career. With so little invested at NK I'm not sure it's a hard decision, but it's also a very personal one.

Good luck guys.
Bluedriver is offline  
Old 04-07-2023, 06:40 AM
  #13379  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2012
Posts: 972
Default

Originally Posted by PossibleDeviation View Post
In the same boat but only a year in at NK. Really struggling with the decision. I've turned down one legacy to this point and sitting on another waiting to see when/if the contract rolls out.
You turned down a legacy airline and delaying a decision on another to stay at NK right now? Really? May I ask which ones and why?
BunkerF16 is offline  
Old 04-07-2023, 06:45 AM
  #13380  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Position: Student of the game
Posts: 858
Default

Originally Posted by BunkerF16 View Post
You turned down a legacy airline and delaying a decision on another to stay at NK right now? Really? May I ask which ones and why?
I'm 1 year in and I own my schedule. With our scheduling flexibility I am able to drop whatever trips I want to and pick up straight time on days I want to fly or list for premium and get it regularly when I want it.

AA, and waiting on UA.

I chat with AA and UA pilots regularly and most of them are quite jealous of what we can do with our schedules. There is no transparency at either of those airlines in regards to reserve minimums or dropping trips. Company can do whatever they want.
PossibleDeviation is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Zoomie
Major
36
01-28-2015 11:44 AM
iahflyr
Major
27
09-30-2014 09:04 AM
Mason32
Regional
270
07-27-2010 06:01 PM
Scott34567
Regional
39
05-29-2008 07:08 PM
Sir James
Major
0
07-29-2005 07:02 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread