Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2017, 02:08 PM   #4141  
Gets Weekends Off
 
PontiusPilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Position: Reverse Cowgirl
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatNavy View Post
If you have enough TPIC, a new type will help, but that opportunity cost is big with the pay cut you'll have on first year JB pay. That said, a career at JetBlue is better than a career at your regional. I came here with no 121 captain time hoping I'd stay here, but I wish I'd stayed and got 121 captain time so I'd have more options. I have enough time left that I'd be better off at a legacy in the long term if jetblue stays on its current trajectory of slowing growth and operationally questionable decisions. Hopefully things change for the better over the next 30 years. I like this place and want it to be good. Ymmv.
Do you think TPIC still matters that much? Certainly better to have than not, but I'm at a regional where upgrade is still years and years away.
PontiusPilot is offline  
Old 09-20-2017, 05:02 PM   #4142  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,475
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiusPilot View Post
Do you think TPIC still matters that much? Certainly better to have than not, but I'm at a regional where upgrade is still years and years away.
I'd come here in a heartbeat, instead of riding that out.
hilltopflyer is offline  
Old 09-20-2017, 07:24 PM   #4143  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Bozo the pilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2013
Position: Bus left
Posts: 2,274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopflyer View Post
I'd come here in a heartbeat, instead of riding that out.
Totally agree- as much as B6 is behind the majors in every way, it's miles better than any regional-- unless there's a flow to a major, no reason to "stick it out".
Just remain frosty and hungry for a legacy- a B6 future is an unknown entity these days. Good luck to you 👍
Bozo the pilot is offline  
Old 09-20-2017, 07:36 PM   #4144  
Gets Weekends Off
 
PontiusPilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Position: Reverse Cowgirl
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozo the pilot View Post
Totally agree- as much as B6 is behind the majors in every way, it's miles better than any regional-- unless there's a flow to a major, no reason to "stick it out".
Just remain frosty and hungry for a legacy- a B6 future is an unknown entity these days. Good luck to you ��
Thanks

Potential "flow" to UA at my regional. (Passed Hogan, but I still need to interview for it.) No firm idea on how long it would take, but it would be years, and entirely dependent on UA hiring numbers. The years of waiting would likely be at FO pay due to the upgrade situation. The opportunity for JetBlue would present itself much sooner.
PontiusPilot is offline  
Old 09-20-2017, 10:26 PM   #4145  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Bozo the pilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2013
Position: Bus left
Posts: 2,274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiusPilot View Post
Thanks

Potential "flow" to UA at my regional. (Passed Hogan, but I still need to interview for it.) No firm idea on how long it would take, but it would be years, and entirely dependent on UA hiring numbers. The years of waiting would likely be at FO pay due to the upgrade situation. The opportunity for JetBlue would present itself much sooner.
That doesnt sound like a legit flow- You shouldnt have to interview for it.
Coming to B6 is no picnic. Reserve is garbage for a "major" and first year pay is probably what guys get at a regional with those bonuses now, although Im not really up on regional details.
2nd year, assuming you're off reserve, is where you would see a real improvement over a regional.
The other factor that would make Jetblue tolerable is location- If you live in NY or Bos, then it is not a bad situation. Pm me if you want more detail-
Im a more glass half empty guy but plenty of guys here who think B6 is the kitty's titty. Talk to as many as possible to get an accurate pic of B6.
Again- good luck.
Bozo the pilot is offline  
Old 09-21-2017, 05:29 AM   #4146  
Not A Janitor
 
Joined APC: Aug 2008
Posts: 814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu99 View Post
Yea a regional Captain. I still plan on keeping my apps current for UAL and DAL. In fact I got a ticket to DAL open house next month that I will be attending. But all the doom and gloom here makes me wonder if starting as a JB fo is even better than a regional CA living in base.
Your concerns about JB and its [mis]management are completely founded. I have serious doubts about the future of this place too. BUT I have much deeper doubts about the future of every single regional airline out there. Probably should bail out, come here and get a new type then bail for an airline that treats you with respect and pays appropriately at your earliest chance. Welcome aboard. It's nice to have new hires that are immune to the blue juice.
atrdriver is offline  
Old 09-21-2017, 05:32 AM   #4147  
Not A Janitor
 
Joined APC: Aug 2008
Posts: 814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpayne View Post
Again I am not trying to be rude or stick up for JetBlue here. I am just being realistic. Look I am the first one to say I have no clue what the ELT is doing sometimes but what pilot group does? I guess Delta but this is a standard pilot issue and I have a feeling it always is and has been. As someone posted on bluepilots, finish growing Boston and FLL. Build a new terminal in JFK one day it might not be slot controlled. MCO still has room to grow and we still have 120 airplanes coming.
Do we, though? How many planes have we deferred and supposedly we have a bunch coming later this year but we only upgraded 35?? If we are getting planes, they haven't staffed for them. This ELT has gone off the rails and the only thing keeping the peace here is planeloads of company propaganda.
atrdriver is offline  
Old 09-21-2017, 06:24 AM   #4148  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Bozo the pilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2013
Position: Bus left
Posts: 2,274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrdriver View Post
Do we, though? How many planes have we deferred and supposedly we have a bunch coming later this year but we only upgraded 35?? If we are getting planes, they haven't staffed for them. This ELT has gone off the rails and the only thing keeping the peace here is planeloads of company propaganda.
They also haven't staffed for a new CBA which means they don't expect one soon -Neither should we.
Its either delusion, apathy, or idiocy. The trifecta here at Blue
Im hoping their choices are based on some grand plan, but when has that happened recently?
The reality of the line is not making it to the top.
Bozo the pilot is offline  
Old 09-21-2017, 06:41 AM   #4149  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,475
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozo the pilot View Post
They also haven't staffed for a new CBA which means they don't expect one soon -Neither should we.
Its either delusion, apathy, or idiocy. The trifecta here at Blue
Im hoping their choices are based on some grand plan, but when has that happened recently?
The reality of the line is not making it to the top.
Even if we got a cba today I bet the effective date for that sort of stuff would be enough time to staff properly. The company would say well we don't know when or what will be in a perspective cba so we aren't going to staff for it till we know for sure.
hilltopflyer is offline  
Old 09-21-2017, 06:49 AM   #4150  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Bozo the pilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2013
Position: Bus left
Posts: 2,274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopflyer View Post
Even if we got a cba today I bet the effective date for that sort of stuff would be enough time to staff properly. The company would say well we don't know when or what will be in a perspective cba so we aren't going to staff for it till we know for sure.
Really? How much to staff reserve/work rules? 10-15%?
Thats at least 350 right? New aircraft staffing- (50-100)
How will they do that and cover the attrition, even if its low (122).
If they plan on delaying for 1.5-2 years, there better be a cash award or the attrition will rise.
Id seriously like to hear from a P2P guy to explain the process of implementation and how the numbers would add up.
Bozo the pilot is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Latest and greatest threads - ****? Zoomie Major 36 01-28-2015 12:44 PM
Can we close "Any Latest & Greatest at Delta" iahflyr Major 27 09-30-2014 10:04 AM
Eagle - Latest and Greatest News Mason32 Regional 270 07-27-2010 07:01 PM
Eagle: Latest and not so Greatest Scott34567 Regional 39 05-29-2008 08:08 PM
new jetBlue terminal at JFK Sir James Major 0 07-29-2005 08:02 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:29 PM.