Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > JetBlue
JetBlue Latest and Greatest >

JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Notices

JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Old 11-28-2017, 11:46 AM
  #4771  
Gets Weekends Off
 
CaptCoolHand's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: Left,Right, Left, Right,Right,Left, Right, Left
Posts: 3,150
Default

Originally Posted by denverpilot7 View Post
was it confirmed the application window will open up again in december or january?
First I've heard of this. If it does, that mean that the last window produced less than adequate numbers to fill classes.
CaptCoolHand is offline  
Old 11-28-2017, 12:25 PM
  #4772  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2015
Posts: 917
Default

ANNOUNCING EWR-SDQ!: Today, we announced plans to offer daily service between Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) and Santo Domingo’s Las Américas International Airport (SDQ) beginning May 3, 2018

Really? Of all the places we should be flying to, we add another flight to the DR?
capt707 is offline  
Old 11-28-2017, 12:35 PM
  #4773  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2011
Posts: 208
Default

Originally Posted by CaptCoolHand View Post
First I've heard of this. If it does, that mean that the last window produced less than adequate numbers to fill classes.
I heard that the last window closed before even HR was aware it would. Thus, there was never an end date for the window and numerous candidates were just out of luck that were still working on their app/getting LORs etc... Not sure how all that happens without HR knowing/controlling when the window is opened and closed...
Combatcraig is offline  
Old 11-28-2017, 01:10 PM
  #4774  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Chicken Taco's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Posts: 126
Default

Originally Posted by Combatcraig View Post
I heard that the last window closed before even HR was aware it would. Thus, there was never an end date for the window and numerous candidates were just out of luck that were still working on their app/getting LORs etc... Not sure how all that happens without HR knowing/controlling when the window is opened and closed...
Two words: “Business Partner”
Chicken Taco is offline  
Old 11-28-2017, 01:15 PM
  #4775  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Chicken Taco's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Posts: 126
Default

Originally Posted by capt707 View Post
ANNOUNCING EWR-SDQ!: Today, we announced plans to offer daily service between Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) and Santo Domingo’s Las Américas International Airport (SDQ) beginning May 3, 2018

Really? Of all the places we should be flying to, we add another flight to the DR?
It will probably be a red eye turn with a 320 that would otherwise spend the night on a a gate in EWR. Third shift flying on a plane that would be idle is essentially free money after the direct costs are covered..
Chicken Taco is offline  
Old 11-28-2017, 01:57 PM
  #4776  
Gets Weekends Off
 
CaptCoolHand's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: Left,Right, Left, Right,Right,Left, Right, Left
Posts: 3,150
Default

Originally Posted by Combatcraig View Post
I heard that the last window closed before even HR was aware it would. Thus, there was never an end date for the window and numerous candidates were just out of luck that were still working on their app/getting LORs etc... Not sure how all that happens without HR knowing/controlling when the window is opened and closed...
I didn't hear that either. That story seems really odd.
CaptCoolHand is offline  
Old 11-28-2017, 02:03 PM
  #4777  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2015
Posts: 129
Default

Originally Posted by CaptCoolHand View Post
I didn't hear that either. That story seems really odd.
it took me about 5 tries to finally get my app submitted on the last window
denverpilot7 is offline  
Old 11-28-2017, 02:32 PM
  #4778  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2011
Posts: 208
Default

Originally Posted by CaptCoolHand View Post
I didn't hear that either. That story seems really odd.
Agreed. But it comes from a buddy that knows some of our HR folks.
Combatcraig is offline  
Old 11-28-2017, 02:41 PM
  #4779  
The REAL Bluedriver
 
Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt
Posts: 6,877
Default

Originally Posted by Chicken Taco View Post
Two words: “Business Partner”
Two more words: ATC runs our HR and the hurricane ate our application window. Again.
Bluedriver is offline  
Old 11-28-2017, 02:44 PM
  #4780  
Gets Weekends Off
 
CaptCoolHand's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: Left,Right, Left, Right,Right,Left, Right, Left
Posts: 3,150
Default

Originally Posted by Bluedriver View Post
Two more words: ATC runs our HR and the hurricane ate our application window. Again.
🤣😂 gave me a LoL.

True story
CaptCoolHand is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Zoomie
Major
36
01-28-2015 11:44 AM
iahflyr
Major
27
09-30-2014 09:04 AM
Mason32
Regional
270
07-27-2010 06:01 PM
Scott34567
Regional
39
05-29-2008 07:08 PM
Sir James
Major
0
07-29-2005 07:02 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices