Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 06:28 AM
veut gagner à la loterie

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Light Chop

Originally Posted by RoughLandings View Post
Brett Favre: Throwin' Picks and Textin' D!cks
So you're not gonna buy any of Favre's Wrangler Open Fly jeans?
Old 11-18-2010, 06:30 AM
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Originally Posted by RoughLandings View Post
Brett Favre: Throwin' Picks and Textin' D!cks
At least he didn't kill dogs and welch on his debts.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:31 AM
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Originally Posted by forgot to bid View Post
You give me the warm fuzzies T.
Hey ya know I was including myself dontcha?!
Old 11-18-2010, 06:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by forgot to bid View Post
So you're not gonna buy any of Favre's Wrangler Open Fly jeans?
Well, I am a lifelong Viking Fan, so cheering for Favre is difficult, at best.

Love that skit by the way. "Like most men, I put my pants on one leg at a time. Then I take my pen15 out. And maybe take a picture of it." Classic.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:34 AM
seeing the large hubs...

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: 73N A

Originally Posted by GunshipGuy View Post
So I discovered a couple of months ago you can't string together RESV days to get 7 to 9 in a row; it can only come out like that on the bid award (as explained to me by a scheduler when I called asking why iCrew wouldn't take my request). Now, apparently, I've discovered you can't break up a string of 7 (or greater) days in the middle either. Anyone else run into this? Are these rules written down anywhere?
Yes, it's in the contract and broken down in the "Moving X days" document that ALPA puts out.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:35 AM
veut gagner à la loterie

Well off to do my cd... procrastinating, while a lot of fun, means you get robo calls.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
Can someone verify rumors of certain 2000 hour women FOs getting hired at Delta, and if so, how did they get the interview call? Just "internal recommendations"?

I know many with 4000-8000TT+ and half of that TPIC and *with* internal recs and still haven't gotten called from Delta.

So what's the story with the 2000TT wonder hires?
ShyGuy check your PMs. If you are getting that "2000 hour wonder pilot" idea from that flightinfo thread, it is a made up number that someone put up there to make it sound more drastic than it really was.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:51 AM
Doesn't Get Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007

Originally Posted by GunshipGuy View Post
So I discovered a couple of months ago you can't string together RESV days to get 7 to 9 in a row; it can only come out like that on the bid award (as explained to me by a scheduler when I called asking why iCrew wouldn't take my request). Now, apparently, I've discovered you can't break up a string of 7 (or greater) days in the middle either. Anyone else run into this? Are these rules written down anywhere?
We are also not allowed to move days that will create a block of less than 72 hours, but PBS will build you a single day of reserve or a block of two. If we are not allowed to do it, then PBS should not be allowed to do it. The only restriction I can see that would make sense is moving days to create a single day of reserve should not be allowed, other than that we should be able to do whatever the coverage will allow.

We also need more PCS runs!!! I just hung out with a CAL guy and he was trading trips on his phone all the time. Trips pop up in open time, they get a text telling them a trip is in open time that meets their parameters, they log on and trade the trip. No waiting around for a dang PCS run. Our system has got to be the worst system of all airlines out there!
Old 11-18-2010, 06:51 AM
veut gagner à la loterie

Originally Posted by tsquare View Post
Hey ya know I was including myself dontcha?!
but the damage was done t... the damage was done... i'm just going to have to build that wall again... around my heart...

Old 11-18-2010, 06:52 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by Xray678 View Post
I see only downside, in terms of seniority, for the Delta pilots in a merger with AK. I am sure there would be short term fences for the widebodies. Many Delta pilots will have AK pilots slotted in senior to them. Those AK pilots currently have no rights or ability to fly a widebody. The only way to protect the career progression of the Delta pilots would be career long fences, and I really don't see that happening.
Yup, that is kinda how I see it. There will be a good portion of AK pilots that will be glad to bid off the 737 in SEA to the 330/76ER. Imagine a whole career on one flight deck. Gives me the shivers.

Originally Posted by tsquare View Post
Yeah I hate to admit it, but I don't have a clue as to how this kind of thing could be done with any equity... The 20 year fences they had at NWA/Rep were retarded, but necessary I guess.... Maybe.. if we went to a more longevity based pay system instead of seat based pay.. but really, I have no idea.
You might be on to something there. If we put up 20 year fences we will only create animosity and never build up the Delta brotherhood. We align pay to longevity and it will certainly make me less angry when I'm flying a 737 out of SEA instead of the 76ER.