Skywest

Subscribe
11  511  911  961  1001  1007  1008  1009  1010  1011  1012  1013  1014  1015  1021  1061  1111  1511 
Page 1011 of 1519
Go to
Quote: No they can't.
Yes...They can... They'll just reinterpret the policy..
Quote: Yes...They can... They'll just reinterpret the policy..
The policy in this case is a legal agreement, and violating it would be crossing the rubicon as far as relations with the pilot group is concerned.

I don't think they ll go unilateral this time around.
Skywest
Quote: So you don't know when the vote ends and yet you think you know what they can raise first year pay to? They won't raise first year pay without a vote from the pilots to ok it.

Now back to your regular post. Union, union, union, union, riding coattails, alpa, union....
Quote: No they can't.

What I'm saying is that NOTHING prevents them from paying first year FOs $30/hr or for that matter $15/hr. Tell me what's factually incorrect about that statement?

Quote: The policy in this case is a legal agreement, and violating it would be crossing the rubicon as far as relations with the pilot group is concerned.

I don't think they ll go unilateral this time around.
You are an at-will employee. Your policy is not recognized by the NMB as a legal document. Plus, we are talking about RAISING first year pay. Which one of you at-will employees is going to file a lawsuit over that? What court would have jurisdiction? On what grounds would the suit be filed?
Skywest pilots have no CBA protection and they can raise first year pay to $30 if they chose. They can also give the rest of the pilot group 1% raises. CBA's exist for a reason.
So, no one is willing to spill the beans on when the vote closes?
Quote: So, no one is willing to spill the beans on when the vote closes?
It closes Friday.
Friday I believe.
Exit poll: How would people have voted had it been $6.00 an hour increase for every pilot?
What if they did "unilaterally" (reject the no vote) and raise first year pay to $30? Seems that could be like the beginning of a reverse B scale, with potential equal acrimony.
Quote: Exit poll: How would people have voted had it been $6.00 an hour increase for every pilot?
What if they did "unilaterally" (reject the no vote) and raise first year pay to $30? Seems that could be like the beginning of a reverse B scale, with potential equal acrimony.
Skywest doesn't have a union or a CBA so they can make year 1 as much as they want to attract new pilots and give the rest of you 0% raises.
Quote: Skywest doesn't have a union or a CBA so they can make year 1 as much as they want to attract new pilots and give the rest of you 0% raises.
I know they don't have a contract. I don't work at Skywest either.
Incredible a mainline airline can have multiple contractors and play them off each other. Then a contractor can own more than one certificate and play each pilot group off each other. Then within one certificate they can play the pilots each other.
11  511  911  961  1001  1007  1008  1009  1010  1011  1012  1013  1014  1015  1021  1061  1111  1511 
Page 1011 of 1519
Go to