Skywest

Subscribe
477  877  927  967  973  974  975  976  977  978  979  980  981  987  1027  1077  1477 
Page 977 of 1519
Go to
It is in an effort to find any and anyone to come here.
Quote: It is in an effort to find any and anyone to come here.
But it's happening, our new hire classes are big. The pilot shortage is really limited to getting CFIs since there are few of those, there are people trying to make the leap from other regionals. This agreement is to make that leap easier.
Site is now down for maintanence. Why did we switch the site again?

Doesn't sound like any QOL increases so far. Not impressed.
Quote: It's ignorant to think that you can and always will be a Captain once upgraded. We have a huge 50 seat operation that can and will go away. Nothing says it won't be slashed and a portion of our pilot group downgraded. I'd rather secure gains in all areas not just where it benefits me. You're not going to garner any support for sitting 5 years in the right seat when most our guys spent nearly a decade.
You are so full of dog excrement it's not funny, do you even work at SKYW. With upgrades at their longest at 7-8 years anyone who didn't upgrade had the opportunity but chose not to. SKYW needs idiots like you to be able to continue the bait and switch games they have played in the past. For your info I am advocating for YOU, I am at the top of the scale, and SKYW would have to eliminate 90% of the existing planes to get to my seat. If you think I need another $1000 of SKYW cash you are sadly mistaken, for them to buy me it would take 7 figures, but I do acknowledge that a $1000 is a lot to a 2nd year F/O with 2 kids. If they do nothing, pay wise, my retirement is assured. You by all means, keep thinking I am your enemy, your career will be interesting.
Quote: Site is now down for maintanence. Why did we switch the site again?

Doesn't sound like any QOL increases so far. Not impressed.
It mentioned us keeping DH & cancellation pay etc...

The companies initial offers must have been pretty cutthroat, for it to be a reward to retain our current soft time pay. Seems the company bluffed sapa with a couple really bad initial offers to get a contract they want that attracts new hires and doesn't offer much else.
Some one post it for those of us who have left. We need a good laugh!
Do you have a yes vote? sorry, you'll have to go fish.
Quote: Some one post it for those of us who have left. We need a good laugh!
Pay Rates

• Captain pay rates will increase
    • $1.00 on May 1, 2015
    • $1.00 on January 1, 2017
  • First Officer Years 2-8 pay rates will increase
    • $0.50 on May 1, 2015
    • $0.50 on January 1, 2017
  • First Officer Year 1 pay rates will increase
    • To $30.00 on May 1, 2015
    • The Company has the right to increase first-year FO rates up to and including $36.50

The rest is equally odious, proof that SAPA is owned by the company
There's more info on the SAPA website under the Exec board/hot topics page. The email that was sent out on SkyWestonline has very little detail.

This is a 4 year deal and takes us through the end of 2018. $1.00/.50 on May 1st and that again as the only increase Jan. 1 2017. Someone could pull out a calculator, but I think that averages about a half a percent a year.

Increase to 401K match by 1%. 3/5/7 % now based on longevity. 5% at 5 years, 7% at 10 years. New vesting schedule. It might not be "pay", but there is a value to this.

Per diem from $1.80 to $1.85, and to $1.90 effective 1/1/2017.

New pilot only bonus program. SAPA gives examples. It could pay up to several thousand a year if we stay profitable. This is on top of the current bonus program.

No retro pay.
No change to work rules.
My summary...

Top end pay rates are decent for this year, but no COLA adjustments make them woefully inadequate 4 years down the road.

Per diem is good. Top of the industry.

401k just average.

PPS is a nice additional benefit, but not tied to INC. Sure that works in SkyWest Airlines' pilots favor at the moment, but could lose out big if ExpressJet ever gets their operation turned around.

Bonuses: Too much company discretion = loss of negotiating leverage

Tough choice for SkyWest pilots in my opinion. Definitely some good and bad mixed in here. Good luck. Too bad the SkyWest and ExpressJet pilots haven't forced one list or a merger. Until then management will continue to whipsaw the 2 groups. Pilots lose. Management wins.
477  877  927  967  973  974  975  976  977  978  979  980  981  987  1027  1077  1477 
Page 977 of 1519
Go to