Tool of the day

Subscribe
103  503  553  593  599  600  601  602  603  604  605  606  607  613  653  703  1103 
Page 603 of 1239
Go to
Quote: If he had on a bluetooth would you have even noticed?
Maybe, maybe not. Still pathetic.
Quote: If he had on a bluetooth would you have even noticed?
Would a bluetooth mean he was paying any more attention?
Quote: Would a bluetooth mean he was paying any more attention?
That's the problem, isn't it? I'd bet most F/Os merely look in the correct directions during walkarounds without even seeing what they're supposed to be looking for.

SWA might have the correct system. The F/O does the walk the first flight of the day, the ground crews do the rest. I'd guess their ground crews catch more problems than the average F/O who is just going through the motions.
Quote: That's the problem, isn't it? I'd bet most F/Os merely look in the correct directions during walkarounds without even seeing what they're supposed to be looking for.

SWA might have the correct system. The F/O does the walk the first flight of the day, the ground crews do the rest. I'd guess their ground crews catch more problems than the average F/O who is just going through the motions.

Ha! Nice opinion of your professional colleagues! I'm sure YOU are the only one who is REALLY doing your job, as well. GMAFB.
Quote: That's the problem, isn't it? I'd bet most F/Os merely look in the correct directions during walkarounds without even seeing what they're supposed to be looking for.

I don't trust anyone on the ground on the condition of my aircraft that is not going up with me.

I've grounded plenty of airplanes at outstations based on stuff my FO's find and report. Not only do they seem to be doing the walkaround, they also seem to be able to make the tough call of telling me about discrepancies that are going to mess up our day, rather than just blowing it off or "finding" it back at the hub. No complaints.

Having been on both sides, I disagree with you completely. Ground personnel like to 'go through the motions' even more so than the crew. The F/O must fly in the aircraft he/she is pre-flighting, unlike the rampie. And typically your flight crew is taking a walk around quiz as part of their initial and/or upgrade orals.

Funny how stations like to imply that minor things should always wait until the aircraft goes to maintenance simply because they do not want to deal with a planeload of delayed passengers.

I'd rather have my first officer, or myself doing this.
Quote: SWA might have the correct system. The F/O does the walk the first flight of the day, the ground crews do the rest. I'd guess their ground crews catch more problems than the average F/O who is just going through the motions.
Years ago we used to alternate doing the walk around. I can't say we caught any more discrepancies that way, but it was just the tradition.
Quote: Get back across that line Yankee, our weather is better, our women are hotter and our food tastes way better.
OK, we have to put an end to this debate, r.e. Southern Girls vs. Northern Girls.

Right now, go to You Tube, and watch these two videos:

1. Sh!t Southern Women Say
2. Sh!t Boston Girls Say

(Last time I posted them here I got a warning from a Mod)

Questions? None!

Good day Lieutenant!
Quote: Years ago we used to alternate doing the walk around. I can't say we caught any more discrepancies that way, but it was just the tradition.
And now tell them how we checked for hot brakes!

(hint...if your pee hisses and steams... they are hot!)
103  503  553  593  599  600  601  602  603  604  605  606  607  613  653  703  1103 
Page 603 of 1239
Go to