Delta Hiring News

Subscribe
103  503  553  593  599  600  601  602  603  604  605  606  607  613  653  703  1103 
Page 603 of 1123
Go to
Quote: Lear,

You will get your shot. Your diligence will pay off. My unqualified recommendation is that you stop comparing yourself to others. Update as much as you can and prepare. It is counterproductive to worry about others.

In fact, one of your previous posts showed your frustration. You do not want that to be present in your future interview. Notice I said FUTURE. Keep updating. Prepare. You will get your chance.

We have only put through around 550 new hires in 2014. The hiring has not even started. Be patient.

TEN
Ten, thanks for your post. I definitely see your point and understand where you are coming from. I've read your posts for several years on here and definitely can rely on you to provide thick skin advice. My point is not to compare myself to others. Part of my aspect is to see if I can find something additional that will help me. I'm A very fortunate person to be where I am not furlough and always had a job. I know you, and many others on here, have been not always been as fortunate. My frustration has nothing in comparison to anything others have suffered.

When it comes to textual communication one aspect that is missing is the personal tone. I promise this will not come out an interview because something that keeps me in check is I am more fortunate than others around me 95% of the time. Having said that, I want the opportunity to interview for Delta. Delta has always been where I wanted to work. I'll keep on trying and keep asking others what they think may help me get noticed. That doesn't mean every ones advice is good and I will abide by it 100%, but perspective is good in this race to find out what others can advise, or know that others have done to help them get in.

Thank you for your response and badflaps you as well.

Lear
Quote: Ten, thanks for your post. I definitely see your point and understand where you are coming from. I've read your posts for several years on here and definitely can rely on you to provide thick skin advice. My point is not to compare myself to others. Part of my aspect is to see if I can find something additional that will help me. I'm A very fortunate person to be where I am not furlough and always had a job. I know you, and many others on here, have been not always been as fortunate. My frustration has nothing in comparison to anything others have suffered.

When it comes to textual communication one aspect that is missing is the personal tone. I promise this will not come out an interview because something that keeps me in check is I am more fortunate than others around me 95% of the time. Having said that, I want the opportunity to interview for Delta. Delta has always been where I wanted to work. I'll keep on trying and keep asking others what they think may help me get noticed. That doesn't mean every ones advice is good and I will abide by it 100%, but perspective is good in this race to find out what others can advise, or know that others have done to help them get in.

Thank you for your response and badflaps you as well.

Lear
I want you to get hired ASAP. The waiting game can create poison. I dont know why or how some get hired but I am sure your time will come..

Also BOOMER!

Keep your head up.

TEN
Quote: Also BOOMER!
Way Boomer @?
Quote: Way Boomer @?
I'm batting 1000 on my rec letter guys getting hired and I have not yet been given the opportunity to write one for Boomer.
Hi everyone, I need some insight. Both of my parents work for Delta, (non-flying jobs), do you think that this will help or hurt my chances of getting hired? If it helps, what's the best way of making it known on my app?
Quote: Hi everyone, I need some insight. Both of my parents work for Delta, (non-flying jobs), do you think that this will help or hurt my chances of getting hired? If it helps, what's the best way of making it known on my app?
I'd think it would help a lot. On the app there should be a section that asks if relatives are in the airline biz. Also have them write you LOR's.
Quote: I'd think it would help a lot. On the app there should be a section that asks if relatives are in the airline biz. Also have them write you LOR's.

At one time it was on the addendum section and I had mine listed there. At some point it changed from Delta legacy to Delta affiliate and really didn't mention legacy anymore.
Quote: At one time it was on the addendum section and I had mine listed there. At some point it changed from Delta legacy to Delta affiliate and really didn't mention legacy anymore.
Correct. This was removed as of last year. To the OP, get ma and pops to write an email to the pilot selection folks. It will get your app noticed and your app will at least be reviewed. With that being said, if you do not meet the current competitive minimums you will not get an interview.
Quote: I'd think it would help a lot. On the app there should be a section that asks if relatives are in the airline biz. Also have them write you LOR's.
I've listed them in that section but it doesn't look like Delta pulls that info for their app. Thanks, wasn't sure if it was appropriate for parents to write LORs.

Quote: At one time it was on the addendum section and I had mine listed there. At some point it changed from Delta legacy to Delta affiliate and really didn't mention legacy anymore.
Man I wish it was still an option.

Quote: Correct. This was removed as of last year. To the OP, get ma and pops to write an email to the pilot selection folks. It will get your app noticed and your app will at least be reviewed. With that being said, if you do not meet the current competitive minimums you will not get an interview.
Thanks for the advice. I'll have them ask around to find the pilot selection email.
In addition to what duece12345 said, have them each write an airline apps rec. My old man retired from the ramp tower, but he could still comment on my flying abilities.
103  503  553  593  599  600  601  602  603  604  605  606  607  613  653  703  1103 
Page 603 of 1123
Go to