Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
1019  1519  1919  1969  2009  2015  2016  2017  2018  2019  2020  2021  2022  2023  2029  2069  2119  2519 
Page 2019 of 2545
Go to
Quote: Still are. First 3 of a SSN are dictated by location.

It will be a few years until the random numbers that started in 2011 start showing up in the workforce.
Good thing they only look at the last 4 then.
Quote: What's the ratio of new hires getting the 900 vs 200?
Based purely on company needs and what your class seniority is and bid. Jan was 200 heavy, March was 900 heavy, etc...
Quote: Maybe now, but they used to be assigned geographically. I don't recall how, but east to west or west to east order of seniority...

Things change, better and worse.
The last 4 having nothing to do with geographic location. It was the first digits. Last 4 are as random as you can get.
Quote: I heard somebody filed a lawsuit...
There's always a lawsuit, and they always get thrown out.
July class just went all 900, previous class was all 900, class before that was all 200. It's pure luck.
The whole in-class seniority is generally not a big deal. Usually the whole class gets the same initial assignment.

There are quite a few instances where in class seniority is a really big deal, but they are niches and rare. Such as, CA awards are not made in initial assignments since 9E has no street-CA program, but 2 guys in the same class could possibly be competing for a CA slot even while in FO training.

But, for 99 out of 100 new hires, in-class seniority is not really important and certainly not worth worrying about. The company can award seniority however they please since it's not covered in the CBA.
Quote: The company can award seniority however they please since it's not covered in the CBA.
It is covered in Section 22 B. 3.
Quote:
Seniority numbers will be assigned to individuals on the first day of their new-hire
training in the following order: Company transferees will be assigned the lowest
seniority numbers within the class, in order of their most recent date of employment
with the Company, then new-hires will be assigned seniority numbers on the basis
of the last four digits of each individual’s Social Security number. Individuals with
the higher numbers will be assigned the lowest seniority numbers. New-hires with
identical last four digits of their Social Security numbers, and transferees with
identical employment dates, will determine their relative placement by drawing
numbers.
Quote: It is covered in Section 22 B. 3.
ooooops!!

Well, there you have it.
Quote: It is covered in Section 22 B. 3.
Nevermind.
Quote: The whole in-class seniority is generally not a big deal. Usually the whole class gets the same initial assignment.

There are quite a few instances where in class seniority is a really big deal, but they are niches and rare. Such as, CA awards are not made in initial assignments since 9E has no street-CA program, but 2 guys in the same class could possibly be competing for a CA slot even while in FO training.

But, for 99 out of 100 new hires, in-class seniority is not really important and certainly not worth worrying about. The company can award seniority however they please since it's not covered in the CBA.
I disagree. The Aircraft and Base drops are entirely dependent on whatever voodoo spell was last cast by Crew Planning.
My class got pretty much every possible combination apart from MSP -9.
With the seat lock this could become even more important. I don't think many new hires bid for the Deuce; but clever ones may consider it. A decent break after OE, near immediate Line and lashings of Premium pay make it a contender for the smart money.
The only good advice I've heard about class drops is to bid what you want, and fly what you get.
With Endeavor primed for some significant growth over the coming months you won't go too far wrong..
1019  1519  1919  1969  2009  2015  2016  2017  2018  2019  2020  2021  2022  2023  2029  2069  2119  2519 
Page 2019 of 2545
Go to