JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Subscribe
98  598  998  1048  1088  1094  1095  1096  1097  1098  1099  1100  1101  1102  1108  1148  1198 
Page 1098 of 1383
Go to
Quote: The chance at more flying. 2% raise. No furlough clause extended. Can't shrink in time the agreement starts and ends, union can decide to extend or not.
Respectfully this is incorrect. The only way the NEA (please go read it for yourself like I did) can be scrubbed is by MUTUAL AGREEMENT of the two parties JB and AA. If One wants to terminate it and the other does not Guess what happens? It automatically extends. Then at the 5 year mark in the LOA 13 the MEC can nix it? Hmmmm? Wonder which one holds water? NEA or our LOA?
Double post. Weird.
Quote: So, we tell them no? We will be negotiating our new CBA. We use that is leverage. I don't understand how that is bad.
If this TA passes, we’re telling the company that Section 1 is for sale. ASM percentages will become management currency in all future negotiations.

Here’s the conversation next July when we open CBA negotiations:

ALPA: “Based on membership surveys, we’re starting with an ask of 12% pay increases across the board.”

Company: “That’s cute. We’re offering to raise rates 5% and give you 70% of focus city ASMs. Or an 8% raise, in exchange for dropping Caribbean ASMs down to 50%. You can have money or ASMs. Take your pick.”
JetBlue Latest and Greatest
Voted yes on the CBA. Will be voting no on this at exactly 10:00 this morning.

Scope is not for sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So how long before the Displacement bid comes out to cover all these changes in the route structure? It appears we would need to shrink MCO and FLL and move resources to the NE to cover these changes. Maybe even open a new crew base at EWR.
Quote: So how long before the Displacement bid comes out to cover all these changes in the route structure? It appears we would need to shrink MCO and FLL and move resources to the NE to cover these changes. Maybe even open a new crew base at EWR.

Oh don’t worry they will just make EWR a co-base and the Union will roll over again.

Ditto
Quote: Voted yes on the CBA. Will be voting no on this at exactly 10:00 this morning.

Scope is not for sale!

I voted yes on the CBA

I just voted no on LOA 13

Scope is our Ace, please don’t give it away.
Quote: Do you really think this will pass at all, let alone by such a large margin? The CBA had the MEC's endorsement which goes a long way with some people. The MEC's official position on this TA is neutral. There was a segment of the group with one foot out the door on their way to Legacy carriers who voted yes. There was a segment that looked at section 3 and that was good enough for them. There were guys who just wanted negotiations over with and a CBA in place. This is a different situation entirely.

With this TA we aren't really getting anything and we are giving up a lot. The Northeast Alliance Agreement with American is already a done deal. The Union already signed off on it. Any additional flying generated by that is already coming our way even if we vote this down. This is just giving our current management and our future management flexibility in who does what flying. With the TA "JB instead of flying MCO to BOS you are flying from TPA to LGA and American will cover the MCO to BOS". Without the TA "JB you are going to fly TPA to LGA and because of your scope language you are also going to cover MCO to BOS."

I personally don't care about flying across the pond but guys senior to me do so that makes me care. TA or no TA we are flying to London. This TA will limit the number of destinations we fly too besides London. Those guys want to go to Dublin, Amsterdam, Paris, etc. but that's not going to happen if this TA passes.

Another thing that is indicating to me that it will not pass is you a basically the only person pushing it on the board. That's almost unheard of with a TA. Just 1 person arguing in favor of it.

I’m a yes.
Quote: I’m a yes.

Glad its not just me.

Thanks for being public about your vote.
Quote: I’m a yes.
I haven’t heard any reasons why people vote yes besides. I talked to the union, it won’t happen etc. care to share why I’m just trying to be as educated as possible.
98  598  998  1048  1088  1094  1095  1096  1097  1098  1099  1100  1101  1102  1108  1148  1198 
Page 1098 of 1383
Go to