JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Subscribe
216  716  1116  1166  1206  1212  1213  1214  1215  1216  1217  1218  1219  1220  1226  1266  1316 
Page 1216 of 1383
Go to
Quote: Everywhere is seeing attrition pick up. The thing is, I don't think the LCCs can compete with even a stellar contract -- seniority movement is huge. That, and some people have widebody dreams.
Southwest was the place to be in the 2000's because of their pay and contract
Quote: Southwest was the place to be in the 2000's because of their pay and contract
Ummm and no one else was hiring for many of those years.
And they made money.
And never furloughed.
Quote: Southwest was the place to be in the 2000's because of their pay and contract
What…. The lack of any retirement at all? Lack of disability? The lower rates? What part of their pay/contract was stellar?

What SWA had during the 2000s was financial stability and growth while all the other majors were contracting and merging. Trips through BK court to get rid of pensions, install PBS, and reset pay rates made the legacies able to compete again with the LCCs but resulted in “correcting” their contracts and very little hiring for over 12 hrs.
Does anyone know the effective date of this upcoming system bid?
Quote: Does anyone know the effective date of this upcoming system bid?
2 weeks to bid, 3 weeks to close, 120 days to train. I’d guess July/August
Quote: Does anyone know the effective date of this upcoming system bid?

It could have multiple effective dates as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote: $28.57/hr at 70 hours per month, so $2000 pre-tax. After normal taxes and health care expenses, most of my classmates seemed to take home around $1450-1600 a month.

I truly hope the pay is either improved for the future, or at least the time allowed at that rate is capped. I don’t see why new hires should be punished for the rapidly ballooning training footprint (particularly on the E190). I understood if it was only 6 weeks and you had lodging/food provided, but when being sent home for multiple weeks after indoc, followed by multi-day to week gaps between training blocks, it’s frustrating.
Are you serious?! How are they finding anyone, who wasn’t laid off, to work for this pay and at the lengths mentioned for training?
Quote: Are you serious?! How are they finding anyone, who wasn’t laid off, to work for this pay and at the lengths mentioned for training?
They have applicants lined up to come here. At least until they’re hired by United/Delta. This may sound harsh, but I’m not all that interested in spending negotiating capital on training pay….for what amounts to a blip on the radar in terms of your career. It was 5-6 weeks when I came through. Hopefully it will get back to that soon. Now having said that, the payroll issues after pilots are completing their checkride are inexcusable.
Quote: They have applicants lined up to come here. At least until they’re hired by United/Delta. This may sound harsh, but I’m not all that interested in spending negotiating capital on training pay….for what amounts to a blip on the radar in terms of your career. It was 5-6 weeks when I came through. Hopefully it will get back to that soon. Now having said that, the payroll issues after pilots are completing their checkride are inexcusable.
Can I assume they are backpaying these people who don't get on year 1 FO pay right after LOE?
Quote: Can I assume they are backpaying these people who don't get on year 1 FO pay right after LOE?

I believe I saw that in an email somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
216  716  1116  1166  1206  1212  1213  1214  1215  1216  1217  1218  1219  1220  1226  1266  1316 
Page 1216 of 1383
Go to