JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Subscribe
282  332  372  378  379  380  381  382  383  384  385  386  392  432  482  882  1382 
Page 382 of 1383
Go to
Quote: It was DFT. I typed it wrong.

It does lose some value - insignificant in the big scheme of the month - because its costs the per diem and red eye bump. Again, small overall but still, it's technically a loss. Sure there's the days off but a loss of overall compensation. If they want it, you should get the entire opportunity cost reimbursement.
So you're getting paid to stay home instead of do a red eye, and you're still complaining? You've reached expert pilot level! First world problems are strong today in the bluesphere.
Quote: So you're getting paid to stay home instead of do a red eye, and you're still complaining? You've reached expert pilot level! First world problems are strong today in the bluesphere.
Hey I was impressed. At first I was like wow really but thinking about it this guy should be helping with negotiations, I like how he thinks
Quote: Hey I was impressed. At first I was like wow really but thinking about it this guy should be helping with negotiations, I like how he thinks
Next thing they're going to tell me I have to work EVERY Tuesday. And that I'm going to have to produce a receipt for my $16 LGA origination reimbursement. Oh, wait, that's the procedure now.
Quote: So you're getting paid to stay home instead of do a red eye, and you're still complaining? You've reached expert pilot level! First world problems are strong today in the bluesphere.
If Initech ships one more unit Bob what do I get?
Perdiem is not compensation... it's beer money!
Quote: Perdiem is not compensation... it's beer money!
A yes.... The pathetic $2/hr lunch money.... domestic and international
Quote: A yes.... The pathetic $2/hr lunch money.... domestic and international
Beer
Money
Beer money!!!

We have to bring our food because nothing is open past 8pm in Boston. And all flights will be delayed indefinitely.
Quote: Perdiem is not compensation... it's beer money!
That's a whole lot of PBR. Or like 3 Bud Light Drafts at the hotel bar in DCA. Tip not included. Last call at 11p, despite what the posted closing time is. Or, an entire evening of craft beer in Ft. Worth.
Can one of you JB guys explain how you bid for vacation? At SWA we have 5 rounds. You can either bid 1 week per round, few do or all your weeks in round one. The weeks one takes in round one have to be consecutive but then can be traded. So the SR 10% take all the summer weeks then trade them. That way they can get summer weeks off, spring break and say Christmas.

How is it at JB?

Thanks in advance!
Quote: Can one of you JB guys explain how you bid for vacation? At SWA we have 5 rounds. You can either bid 1 week per round, few do or all your weeks in round one. The weeks one takes in round one have to be consecutive but then can be traded. So the SR 10% take all the summer weeks then trade them. That way they can get summer weeks off, spring break and say Christmas.

How is it at JB?

Thanks in advance!

First we do not have proper allocation and distribution of vacation.
(Think they put it all in October)
There are very few slots in the summer or any of the major holidays.
There are no rounds.
They start from the top and you pick as much as you can hold(pto hours is what we use for vacation)
After the first guy gets everything he wants it is on to the next.
So with this system you need to be super senior to get anything good.

Imho after we fix distribution and allocation we should bid in rounds.

First round pick 2 weeks.
Next guy picks 2
And all the way down the list.

Round 2 pick 2 weeks
Start at the top and go down.

The current system where the top guy can take everything is total BS.
(And yes I would think that if I was the top guy.)
282  332  372  378  379  380  381  382  383  384  385  386  392  432  482  882  1382 
Page 382 of 1383
Go to