Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > JetBlue
JetBlue Latest and Greatest >

JetBlue Latest and Greatest


Notices

JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Old 07-10-2017, 08:18 AM
  #3821  
gets time off
 
mulcher's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,198
Default

Thanks for the info.
mulcher is offline  
Old 07-10-2017, 09:17 AM
  #3822  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: CA
Posts: 1,038
Default

Originally Posted by pilotpayne
First we do not have proper allocation and distribution of vacation.
(Think they put it all in October)
There are very few slots in the summer or any of the major holidays.
There are no rounds.
They start from the top and you pick as much as you can hold(pto hours is what we use for vacation)
After the first guy gets everything he wants it is on to the next.
So with this system you need to be super senior to get anything good.


Imho after we fix distribution and allocation we should bid in rounds.

First round pick 2 weeks.
Next guy picks 2
And all the way down the list.

Round 2 pick 2 weeks
Start at the top and go down.

The current system where the top guy can take everything is total BS.
(And yes I would think that if I was the top guy.)

It's complete crap!
say again is online now  
Old 07-10-2017, 09:26 AM
  #3823  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: 190 captain and “Pro-pilot”
Posts: 2,919
Default

Originally Posted by say again
It's complete crap!
Yes it is and some guys don't want to do the round bidding. They think that is fine just fix allocation and distribution.
pilotpayne is offline  
Old 07-10-2017, 10:07 AM
  #3824  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,445
Default

Originally Posted by pilotpayne
Yes it is and some guys don't want to do the round bidding. They think that is fine just fix allocation and distribution.
Those guys are a$ $holes. No vote unless its fixed.
PasserOGas is offline  
Old 07-10-2017, 10:48 AM
  #3825  
Gets Weekends Off
 
CaptCoolHand's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: Left,Right, Left, Right,Right,Left, Right, Left
Posts: 3,150
Default

Originally Posted by pilotpayne
Yes it is and some guys don't want to do the round bidding. They think that is fine just fix allocation and distribution.
Well derrrr.... Why would I want to change the way vacation is bid. I get to bid 7 weeks all at once. I get all the holidays and weekends off I could desire so I can pick up more RSA to help out. I mean look at my rainmaker man, I credit 138 hrs a month.
CaptCoolHand is offline  
Old 07-10-2017, 10:51 AM
  #3826  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: 190 captain and “Pro-pilot”
Posts: 2,919
Default

Originally Posted by CaptCoolHand
Well derrrr.... Why would I want to change the way vacation is bid. I get to bid 7 weeks all at once. I get all the holidays and weekends off I could desire so I can pick up more RSA to help out. I mean look at my rainmaker man, I credit 138 hrs a month.
Bingo.

I can't imagine it won't be changed to some kind of round bidding.
pilotpayne is offline  
Old 07-10-2017, 11:00 AM
  #3827  
Gets Weekends Off
 
CaptCoolHand's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: Left,Right, Left, Right,Right,Left, Right, Left
Posts: 3,150
Default

Originally Posted by pilotpayne
Bingo.

I can't imagine it won't be changed to some kind of round bidding.
You guys ever make it to ACK the other day?
CaptCoolHand is offline  
Old 07-10-2017, 11:17 AM
  #3828  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: 190 captain and “Pro-pilot”
Posts: 2,919
Default

Originally Posted by CaptCoolHand
You guys ever make it to ACK the other day?
Ha....nope.

They were like ok now you are going to do a LGA turn which gets done earlier......cool.

We swap with the other crew because they would timeout. Pax on the plane bam LGA ground stop. Sit for an hour and everyone's phone goes off flight cx.......cool

Now we are sent to do a Tampa overnight DH back the next day.

Ended up being 10 extra hours at 190%

I was shocked how fast they were moving us around.
pilotpayne is offline  
Old 07-10-2017, 11:36 AM
  #3829  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2009
Position: Square root of the variance and average of the variation
Posts: 1,602
Default

Originally Posted by pilotpayne
Ha....nope.

They were like ok now you are going to do a LGA turn which gets done earlier......cool.

We swap with the other crew because they would timeout. Pax on the plane bam LGA ground stop. Sit for an hour and everyone's phone goes off flight cx.......cool

Now we are sent to do a Tampa overnight DH back the next day.

Ended up being 10 extra hours at 190%

I was shocked how fast they were moving us around.
I got an EMA to DH to Port Au Prince. Then a DH right back to JFK. I'm out of movies to watch.
Std Deviation is offline  
Old 07-10-2017, 11:50 AM
  #3830  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: 190 captain and “Pro-pilot”
Posts: 2,919
Default

Originally Posted by Std Deviation
I got an EMA to DH to Port Au Prince. Then a DH right back to JFK. I'm out of movies to watch.
The one good thing about our "work rules" is when things go to crap you can make a bunch of money. I was just doing rsv the next day anyway so I didn't care.
pilotpayne is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Zoomie
Major
36
01-28-2015 11:44 AM
iahflyr
Major
27
09-30-2014 09:04 AM
Mason32
Regional
270
07-27-2010 06:01 PM
Scott34567
Regional
39
05-29-2008 07:08 PM
Sir James
Major
0
07-29-2005 07:02 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices