JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Subscribe
238  638  688  728  734  735  736  737  738  739  740  741  742  748  788  838  1238 
Page 738 of 1383
Go to
Quote: because people on the street have access to our supplementary bid system?
I believe it is a requirement of the CBA. All openings must be offered to seniority list pilots before hiring new pilots into those positions. Don’t get too upset about it, I doubt JB expects more than a handful to bid anything on this one and I’ll bet we will see this more often as the need for new hires grows.
Quote: It’s would be dumb for someone to do an rsa
Fixed it for you.
So I have a CBA question for the masses. I am on a 4-day trip worth 25 hours. The last leg is very delayed and will now land at 0400 on my day off. The Captain thinks we’ll get 5 hours of VDA for the day off flying. It feels like we should but after looking through the contract I don’t think we will get anything. The ADG is worthless because this is a high credit trip. I can’t find anything else regarding the day off flying. The disrupted pilot clause talks about segments outside our OSP. It doesn’t really define segment. I think since it is the same flight number it is not a different segment.

Any thoughts?
I think he's thinking.... delayed into another calendar day which I believe is anything past 0100. I'm pretty sure it's 5hrs premium pay. I don't have the contract handy but, I recall something like that.
Quote: So I have a CBA question for the masses. I am on a 4-day trip worth 25 hours. The last leg is very delayed and will now land at 0400 on my day off. The Captain thinks we’ll get 5 hours of VDA for the day off flying. It feels like we should but after looking through the contract I don’t think we will get anything. The ADG is worthless because this is a high credit trip. I can’t find anything else regarding the day off flying. The disrupted pilot clause talks about segments outside our OSP. It doesn’t really define segment. I think since it is the same flight number it is not a different segment.

Any thoughts?
You're right, and your CA is delusional
There was just a thread on bluepilots about this. Unless you’re operating a different flight number, you get zilch. If it was a 20 hour 4 day it’d become a 25 hour 5 day after 1am. But a 25 hour 4 day becomes a 25 hour 5 day in your situation for the purposes of the ADG rig.
Quote: There was just a thread on bluepilots about this. Unless you’re operating a different flight number, you get zilch. If it was a 20 hour 4 day it’d become a 25 hour 5 day after 1am. But a 25 hour 4 day becomes a 25 hour 5 day in your situation for the purposes of the ADG rig.
Wouldn’t the 1 am clause come into effect here? To get extra pay?
Quote: Wouldn’t the 1 am clause come into effect here? To get extra pay?
No and beatnavy is correct above. The 0100 clause is still based on average. Say you have a 15hr three day land at 0115 on day four. You win. 20 hr three day.
If you have a 25hr four day and land at 0115 on day five you get a 25 hr 5day. 18hr three day land at 0115 day four you score two hours.

If you’re trying to get EPS you must have been disrupted. New flight number and land beyond your original footprint. And changing from a operator to a DH doesn’t count.
Quote: No and beatnavy is correct above. The 0100 clause is still based on average. Say you have a 15hr three day land at 0115 on day four. You win. 20 hr three day.
If you have a 25hr four day and land at 0115 on day five you get a 25 hr 5day. 18hr three day land at 0115 day four you score two hours.

If you’re trying to get EPS you must have been disrupted. New flight number and land beyond your original footprint. And changing from a operator to a DH doesn’t count.
Cool wasn’t sure about the average. Thanks.
Quote: No and beatnavy is correct above. The 0100 clause is still based on average. Say you have a 15hr three day land at 0115 on day four. You win. 20 hr three day.

Doesn’t it ALSO have to be your last day?

IOW delayed on day 2 of four, outside footprint, new flight number only results in JRA pay? Not 190% EPS?
238  638  688  728  734  735  736  737  738  739  740  741  742  748  788  838  1238 
Page 738 of 1383
Go to