Envoy

Subscribe
68  468  518  558  564  565  566  567  568  569  570  571  572  578  618  668  1068 
Page 568 of 1100
Go to
So how is envoy going to attract any prior 121 pilots if they have a threat of being displaced to NY Captain right away and be forever junior?
Quote: So how is envoy going to attract any prior 121 pilots if they have a threat of being displaced to NY Captain right away and be forever junior?
Extra $20G bonus.
Quote: If you don’t get reassigned, you’ll receive the normal rate. If you get reassigned you’ll be paid the greater of the two at the OT rate.

I’m sure you could call CS if you want and they’d try to assign replacement flying if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As per the LOA there is a little more to the story.

In order to get paid the OT you need to call and make yourself available. CS has until noon the day prior to assign flying. If they don't have any they will release you. Under those circumstances you will get paid straight time and the OT over ride for the the time lost. If you don't make any calls you will just get paid straight time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Quote: As per the LOA there is a little more to the story.

In order to get paid the OT you need to call and make yourself available. CS has until noon the day prior to assign flying. If they don't have any they will release you. Under those circumstances you will get paid straight time and the OT over ride for the the time lost. If you don't make any calls you will just get paid straight time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Added reminder - Once this happens and you call CS to make yourself available for reassignment and you do not get reassigned, then email your pay comp auiditor and let them know. Otherwise they will screw it up.
Good lord this group is in trouble once the guys that read the contract flow. Thank you for pointing out the most important part Pedro. Listen guys don’t get advice from other ready reserves when you want to know if “they” can do that to you. You guys should all have your reps or new hire pilot mentors on speed dial
Quote: if hired w/ 1000+ 121 time and all other boxes checked, a nearly-immediate upgrade appears imminent: how long are junior captains on reserve for?

(maybe it depends on base and equipment?)

what are they currently *saying* is the estimated flow time? what is the *realistic* flow time?!

I know some will say that you might get to a major quicker just interviewing from the street… but I'd hate to be stuck at my current regional 5 years from now, still not hired anywhere, and realizing I could've flowed and never gave myself that opportunity.

I'm 41 now, fwiw. A flow in 5-6 years could mean a nearly 20 year career at mainline..

tick-tock..

Plenty of info on that question if you go back and read 5-10pg. You will find more details and conversations on the topic your asking about.

Nutshell hard to predict, a long-long time, also depends on aircraft. Growing consensus is 2yrs.

Embrace the suck. Imagine those who were on reserve 3-4yrs a couple years back. Not to say that should be the norm, just perspective.
Quote: If you don’t get reassigned, you’ll receive the normal rate. If you get reassigned you’ll be paid the greater of the two at the OT rate.

I’m sure you could call CS if you want and they’d try to assign replacement flying if you want.

You get the premium. Email pay comp. Every OT sequence I’ve been displaced off I’ve gotten the premium whether it be 150/200%. Don’t pick up flying on that day though if you didn’t get reassigned otherwise you’ll only get paid the OT value of the greater trip.

I’ve got training next month and I need some advice for bidding during a training month. Do they usually drop trips that touch your training?
Quote: I’ve got training next month and I need some advice for bidding during a training month. Do they usually drop trips that touch your training?
Yes, however they may not necessarily drop the entire trip, just the part that conflicts with training and the travel there and back. There are also other variables such as whether you can build in a 7 day conflict etc.
Quote: Yes, however they may not necessarily drop the entire trip, just the part that conflicts with training and the travel there and back. There are also other variables such as whether you can build in a 7 day conflict etc.
Thanks for the response! I didn’t even think about the 7 day conflict.
68  468  518  558  564  565  566  567  568  569  570  571  572  578  618  668  1068 
Page 568 of 1100
Go to