Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Endeavor Air
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor? >

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Notices
Endeavor Air Regional Airline

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Old 04-19-2017, 07:13 AM
  #12991  
Gets Weekends Off
 
JSDL's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Round Two
Posts: 374
Default

Originally Posted by Green Needles View Post
Then you have more recent information than me. I have it straight from one of our union officials two weeks ago that $19 is the most likely number.
Some of those folks aren't in the know of what's taking place with contract negotiations. Next meeting with the company is on the 24th and maybe we will get an update. I wouldn't anticipate solid news on pay rates as work is being done on smaller ticket items. Which is ok with me. Let's allow time for our hiring to suffer to prove to the company that we need to be at or close to the $25 mark. I think we are still a ways off on seeing some talks on flow. Market and hiring will dictate that need.
JSDL is offline  
Old 04-19-2017, 07:27 AM
  #12992  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2016
Posts: 896
Default

Originally Posted by JSDL View Post
Some of those folks aren't in the know of what's taking place with contract negotiations. Next meeting with the company is on the 24th and maybe we will get an update. I wouldn't anticipate solid news on pay rates as work is being done on smaller ticket items. Which is ok with me. Let's allow time for our hiring to suffer to prove to the company that we need to be at or close to the $25 mark. I think we are still a ways off on seeing some talks on flow. Market and hiring will dictate that need.
I agree hiring needs to suffer for us to gain. They'll only do what they need to do to keep us staffed. One of the good ways for that to happen is to keep the new guys informed that other companies offer better packages, and that we have a lot of uncertainty about our compensation. The company already knows that 2018 and the expiration of the retention payment is looming. It's our responsibility to let applicants know that we may not have as good of pay as what we do now and let them vote with their feet.

I hope classes fall flat and the company has to up the ante.
Green Needles is offline  
Old 04-19-2017, 07:42 AM
  #12993  
Gets Weekends Off
 
JSDL's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Round Two
Posts: 374
Default

I hope classes fall flat and the company has to up the ante.[/QUOTE]

The company knows this and will up the ante as you say. They won't pay more than they have before they have to. There are a lot of moving parts and plan A,B, and C.
So stay healthy and enjoy the ride.
JSDL is offline  
Old 04-19-2017, 09:05 AM
  #12994  
:-)
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,339
Default

I'm surprised anyone would choose to come here over an AA wholly owned. If the regional model does fall apart, AA regionals will likely get a staple. Whereas, Delta will almost certainly send us packing. Something to think about.
Mesabah is online now  
Old 04-19-2017, 09:43 AM
  #12995  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Posts: 365
Default

Originally Posted by Mesabah View Post
I'm surprised anyone would choose to come here over an AA wholly owned. If the regional model does fall apart, AA regionals will likely get a staple. Whereas, Delta will almost certainly send us packing. Something to think about.
Just to play devils advocate, what is to say only one of the AA wholly owned partners gets a stable? And by your logic, then no one should go to OO, YX, C5... really anywhere else.

Yes we don't have a flow. However, 9E isn't a bad place to be. You run the same risk here as you do anywhere else. If this place makes sense for someone, there is no reason for them to not come here. We can all sit here and guess what could happen. What is happening is that this is a good company to be a junior regional FO at. Plain and simple.
AnotherWriter is offline  
Old 04-19-2017, 10:00 AM
  #12996  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2016
Posts: 896
Default

Originally Posted by AnotherWriter View Post
. What is happening is that this is a good company to be a junior regional FO at. Plain and simple.
This is true, but it is not good for senior people or junior captains.
Green Needles is offline  
Old 04-19-2017, 10:21 AM
  #12997  
:-)
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,339
Default

Originally Posted by AnotherWriter View Post
Just to play devils advocate, what is to say only one of the AA wholly owned partners gets a stable? And by your logic, then no one should go to OO, YX, C5... really anywhere else.

Yes we don't have a flow. However, 9E isn't a bad place to be. You run the same risk here as you do anywhere else. If this place makes sense for someone, there is no reason for them to not come here. We can all sit here and guess what could happen. What is happening is that this is a good company to be a junior regional FO at. Plain and simple.
That's actually my point, AA has shown loyalty to its subsidiaries. If you are well qualified, you have exactly the same chance at Delta there, as you do here at 9E.
Mesabah is online now  
Old 04-19-2017, 10:43 AM
  #12998  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: the right side
Posts: 1,375
Default

Originally Posted by Mesabah View Post
That's actually my point, AA has shown loyalty to its subsidiaries. If you are well qualified, you have exactly the same chance at Delta there, as you do here at 9E.
Loyalty to it's subsidiaries? By whipsawing them to get cheaper rates? Come on, sure they have flow, but don't pretend its anything more than it is.
KSCessnaDriver is offline  
Old 04-19-2017, 11:01 AM
  #12999  
:-)
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,339
Default

Originally Posted by KSCessnaDriver View Post
Loyalty to it's subsidiaries? By whipsawing them to get cheaper rates? Come on, sure they have flow, but don't pretend its anything more than it is.
Mainline is doing the same to its pilot's with joint ventures, Delta being the worst in this regard.
Mesabah is online now  
Old 04-19-2017, 11:47 AM
  #13000  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2009
Position: Canabus
Posts: 157
Default

Originally Posted by KSCessnaDriver View Post
Loyalty to it's subsidiaries? By whipsawing them to get cheaper rates? Come on, sure they have flow, but don't pretend its anything more than it is.
Exactly. A flow is just a way for AA to control the supply of pilots leaving their regionals. It benefits management more so than their pilots. In the next few years qualified pilots will be much better off in their careers actively pursuing better opportunities than waiting around for a flow.
Two Kings is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
StraightShooter
Endeavor Air
124
06-26-2023 10:23 AM
WARich
Delta
11220
06-10-2020 07:42 AM
Crash
Major
3437
01-30-2013 06:51 PM
shua757
Major
2
02-24-2009 06:44 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices