Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Endeavor Air
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor? >

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Notices
Endeavor Air Regional Airline

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Old 06-13-2017, 04:38 PM
  #13991  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,648
Default

Originally Posted by Bartok View Post
No unity because we are expendable.

Make a stand, get Comaired.

Fragmented and just making it through for that Pie in the Sky. Do your time and get out. (Heard that before)

Look at how Delta treats it's ground and ramp personnel. Every few years they start a new company, fire everyone and rehire them. First year pay and benefits (if the new company has any)

They view Regionals the same way and do the same to us in different ways.

The company made up the rules and makes them and changes them at will.

The reason the majors have so much leverage is because there are a lot more of them and they are not expendable.
I understand the reason why there's a lack of unity on the contract side. I'm simply asking YumYum to give an example of how to achieve it??? He makes it sound like its achievable and ALPA's dropping the ball. My suggestion is get involved and run a campaign to fix it if he has the answers. Otherwise either accept it or get out
gojo is offline  
Old 06-13-2017, 04:40 PM
  #13992  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2017
Position: 2nd base
Posts: 158
Default good news/bad news

Originally Posted by msprj2 View Post
How do you connect the dots of no more EV 200's but maybe 7 and or
9's to layoffs? I don't think were overstaffed at any position at 9e.
Good news.... we get 700s/900s instead of the remaining 9 200s
Bad news... they decide to beef up ATL flying at the further expense of MSP/DTW... flying reduced in either equals displacements for you guys and girls and potential layoffs in mx
Just my thoughts.. I hope I am wrong.. at least about the bad news part... they have flat out said.. this is all "in flux"
APMechXJ is offline  
Old 06-13-2017, 04:42 PM
  #13993  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Bartok's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: Up Front
Posts: 1,628
Default

Originally Posted by gojo View Post
I understand the reason why there's a lack of unity on the contract side. I'm simply asking YumYum to give an example of how to achieve it??? He makes it sound like its achievable and ALPA's dropping the ball. My suggestion is get involved and run a campaign to fix it if he has the answers. Otherwise either accept it or get out
Oh I see now.
Bartok is offline  
Old 06-13-2017, 04:49 PM
  #13994  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: CaptFo
Posts: 997
Default

[QUOTE=gojo;2378968]I understand the reason why there's a lack of unity on the contract side. I'm simply asking YumYum to give an example of how to achieve it??? He makes it sound like its achievable and ALPA's dropping the ball. My suggestion is get involved and run a campaign to fix it if he has the answers. Otherwise either accept it or get out[/QUOTE

All I'm saying is ALPA doesn't represent pilots as a whole. Until we get leadership that fights our battle....we will continue to fight uphill. It's a shame. We have less union leadership than longshoreman/bus drivers/teachers. Top dogs have truly fuked junior pups.
Yumyum is offline  
Old 06-13-2017, 04:55 PM
  #13995  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,237
Default

Originally Posted by Yumyum View Post
You don't speak for the entire group, so your input is irrelevant. You are a broken record regarding pay. Satisfied being paid like a schmuck.
Neither do you schmuck!
msprj2 is offline  
Old 06-13-2017, 07:47 PM
  #13996  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2016
Posts: 505
Default

Invariably we find ourselves at the same crossroads of screaming at each other on anonymous internet forums over petty rumors. Until I see it in writing I am inclined not to care.

If they shrink DTW and I get displaced then I'll be one of the first to leave as soon as I am picked up somewhere else who has a Detroit base or home basing. Moving to a major be dammed. Until the day my position in DTW is threatened I will continue to do my job as I promised I would.

Y'all knock yourselves out shouting at ALPA and the company and see how fast that gets you comaired.
WhiskeyKilo is offline  
Old 06-14-2017, 05:15 AM
  #13997  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2012
Posts: 426
Default

LANYARDS COMING!!!! be on the look out....
whoareyou311 is offline  
Old 06-14-2017, 07:17 AM
  #13998  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,648
Default

[QUOTE=Yumyum;2378974]
Originally Posted by gojo View Post
I understand the reason why there's a lack of unity on the contract side. I'm simply asking YumYum to give an example of how to achieve it??? He makes it sound like its achievable and ALPA's dropping the ball. My suggestion is get involved and run a campaign to fix it if he has the answers. Otherwise either accept it or get out[/QUOTE


All I'm saying is ALPA doesn't represent pilots as a whole. Until we get leadership that fights our battle....we will continue to fight uphill. It's a shame. We have less union leadership than longshoreman/bus drivers/teachers. Top dogs have truly fuked junior pups.
I'm not saying I disagree with you. I just don't know how to fix it?
gojo is offline  
Old 06-14-2017, 10:32 AM
  #13999  
:-)
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,339
Default

Originally Posted by Bartok View Post
No unity because we are expendable.

Make a stand, get Comaired.

Fragmented and just making it through for that Pie in the Sky. Do your time and get out. (Heard that before)

Look at how Delta treats it's ground and ramp personnel. Every few years they start a new company, fire everyone and rehire them. First year pay and benefits (if the new company has any)

They view Regionals the same way and do the same to us in different ways.

The company made up the rules and makes them and changes them at will.

The reason the majors have so much leverage is because there are a lot more of them and they are not expendable.
Pilots will be expendable in the next round of cockpit automation.
Mesabah is online now  
Old 06-14-2017, 02:28 PM
  #14000  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Bartok's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: Up Front
Posts: 1,628
Default

Originally Posted by Mesabah View Post
Pilots will be expendable in the next round of cockpit automation.
Yeah, you got a point.
Bartok is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
StraightShooter
Endeavor Air
124
06-26-2023 10:23 AM
WARich
Delta
11220
06-10-2020 07:42 AM
Crash
Major
3437
01-30-2013 06:51 PM
shua757
Major
2
02-24-2009 06:44 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices