Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Endeavor Air
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor? >

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?


Notices
Endeavor Air Regional Airline

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Old 01-19-2018, 08:33 PM
  #18291  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,648
Default

Originally Posted by CBreezy
I'm calling BS. The only thing impacting performance in NYC is availability of reserves and spare equipment. Pilots like to think the can have an impact on performance but they don't.
So youíre saying that when the majority of a company blocks out on time, is slow to push out of the gate, taxis slow, flies slow in order to maximize block because of the way their company pays wonít affect performance? I could see that if the arrival time was within A14. But I donít think thatís the case. And you know how hard it is to catch up when youíre behind schedule. I guarantee you if Endeavor or Delta got rid of block or better you would see a gradual increase in SATís and a reduction in performance
gojo is offline  
Old 01-19-2018, 09:10 PM
  #18292  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2016
Posts: 1,015
Default

Originally Posted by gojo
So youíre saying that when the majority of a company blocks out on time, is slow to push out of the gate, taxis slow, flies slow in order to maximize block because of the way their company pays wonít affect performance? I could see that if the arrival time was within A14. But I donít think thatís the case. And you know how hard it is to catch up when youíre behind schedule. I guarantee you if Endeavor or Delta got rid of block or better you would see a gradual increase in SATís and a reduction in performance
Can someone explain exactly how Skywest credit differs from endeavor? We're not getting paid marketing block times at endeavor, only the SATs unless it takes longer. Isn't that how Skywest is?
flydiamond is offline  
Old 01-20-2018, 03:39 AM
  #18293  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Posts: 1,804
Default

Happy bonus day!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Casualinterest is offline  
Old 01-20-2018, 04:44 AM
  #18294  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2012
Posts: 547
Default

Originally Posted by Casualinterest
Happy bonus day!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Not until the 23rd
FODhopper is offline  
Old 01-20-2018, 04:52 AM
  #18295  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,221
Default

Originally Posted by gojo
Rumors, rumors, rumors, this is a juicy one. On the Skywest side, one of their rumors is that at some point theyíre supposed to transition to an all ERJ fleet. So thereís that.
They have over 300 CRJís doubtful. SLC airport is in a major gate pinch. They are about to run Busses to hard stand aircraft while they do the switch from the E gates to the new terminal siting right behind it, as the E gates need torn down for the new terminal to work. No room for aircraft unless they pull a equal amount out..
amcnd is offline  
Old 01-20-2018, 04:56 AM
  #18296  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2016
Posts: 139
Default

Originally Posted by flydiamond
Can someone explain exactly how Skywest credit differs from endeavor? We're not getting paid marketing block times at endeavor, only the SATs unless it takes longer. Isn't that how Skywest is?
I dont know if it matters to the conversation but skywest flies 250 because that's what the company wants. Comair did the same thing with Calculated Index and everyone complained they were suddenly slow one day. Regionals dont normally get CI because the company has a tough time justifying the pilots are too expensive when the computer says fly slow because saving the gas makes.more sense than the 5 -10 extra you'll get.
PT6flyer is offline  
Old 01-20-2018, 06:11 AM
  #18297  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Ca. CRJ 200
Posts: 348
Default

Originally Posted by FODhopper
Not until the 23rd
Got mine yesterday. Love banking with USAA
42jeff is offline  
Old 01-20-2018, 06:30 AM
  #18298  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,648
Default

Originally Posted by PT6flyer
I dont know if it matters to the conversation but skywest flies 250 because that's what the company wants. Comair did the same thing with Calculated Index and everyone complained they were suddenly slow one day. Regionals dont normally get CI because the company has a tough time justifying the pilots are too expensive when the computer says fly slow because saving the gas makes.more sense than the 5 -10 extra you'll get.
True, the company is making bank off of both ends. There is the fuel savings and then then they make more if the crew comes in under credit. Because theyíre paid by block time. Thatís why many try to maximize block so it at least comes up to scheduled credit. You mentioned Comair, itís true that they also flew slow and used the CI. But that was the end of it. Their ground operations were normal, and Iím pretty sure they didnít fly slower than the planned speed because they didnít have to maximize block. They received scheduled credit or block, whichever was highest. You may remember several years ago when the FAA stepped in with an emergency mandate with minimum airspeeds for Skywest because of an excessive amount of low speed events (stalls). Some of these events wouldnít have happened if the company paid like the rest of the industry because there wouldnít be the need to push the envelope.
gojo is offline  
Old 01-20-2018, 06:48 AM
  #18299  
Gets Weekends Off
 
prex8390's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,146
Default

Originally Posted by FODhopper
Not until the 23rd
i got mine today, Chase
prex8390 is offline  
Old 01-20-2018, 07:02 AM
  #18300  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2012
Posts: 547
Default

Well aren't all you people fancy with your banks... I'm rocking a credit union...I think they send the money here to the Midwest on a pony.
FODhopper is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
StraightShooter
Endeavor Air
124
06-26-2023 10:23 AM
WARich
Delta
11220
06-10-2020 07:42 AM
Crash
Major
3437
01-30-2013 06:51 PM
shua757
Major
2
02-24-2009 06:44 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices