Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Endeavor Air
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor? >

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?


Notices
Endeavor Air Regional Airline

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Old 10-09-2016, 06:42 AM
  #7231  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Posts: 144
Default

Originally Posted by WhiskeyKilo
It should be said that reserve in both airframes is entirely dependent on where you are based. I know several new hires that went NYC 200 and never saw reserve. DTW 200 used to be 30-60 days but now it's 3-4 months. This is primarily due to the NYC build up but one could make the argument that you could hold a line faster on the 900 in DTW due to the FO's leaving/upgrading.

It's all a gamble in the end. A calculated gamble but nothing in this industry is ever 100%.
Yeah I'm JFK 200 right now on a build up reserve line for October after IOE and it's very possible I could already get a line in November. A lot of people are getting this, first time submitting a bid they are already lineholders and off reserve, that's how fast the build up is right now on NYC 200.
Rayeli is offline  
Old 10-09-2016, 10:37 AM
  #7232  
:-)
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,339
Default

Originally Posted by flapsfail
Who started that rumor and why would Gumm leave? Doesn't make any sense.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Considering what he did at 9E, he will probably be moving up the food chain in ATL.
Mesabah is offline  
Old 10-09-2016, 10:47 AM
  #7233  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,648
Default

Originally Posted by Mesabah
Considering what he did at 9E, he will probably be moving up the food chain in ATL.
Funny how things change. He had a bad reputation as a closer until now. Of course he was just the trigger man.
gojo is offline  
Old 10-09-2016, 12:02 PM
  #7234  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2013
Posts: 545
Default

Has anyone ever had just one option to commute in and not make it? I try to cover myself but I couldn't come up a day early due to family plans forgot all about the holiday this weekend. I was wondering if anything ever came from it.
seminolepilot is offline  
Old 10-09-2016, 12:25 PM
  #7235  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Posts: 781
Default

Originally Posted by flapsfail
Who started that rumor and why would Gumm leave? Doesn't make any sense.
Yeah, Gumm is in a pseudo management training program and I guarantee they have plans for him long term in ATL. They are grooming him.

Endeavor is a stepping stone for him, too. Going to RAH would be a step back in his career.

Last edited by SmitteyB; 10-09-2016 at 12:44 PM.
SmitteyB is offline  
Old 10-09-2016, 01:02 PM
  #7236  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2013
Posts: 545
Default

Originally Posted by Rayeli
Yeah I'm JFK 200 right now on a build up reserve line for October after IOE and it's very possible I could already get a line in November. A lot of people are getting this, first time submitting a bid they are already lineholders and off reserve, that's how fast the build up is right now on NYC 200.
That's how it was in DTW for a while on the 200. I got the 200 and stayed on it a year only doing 3 months of reserve. Then I switched to the 900 and avoided being on reserve for 6+ months. There is more than one way to skin a cat. The trips are better but they're honestly the same airplane.
seminolepilot is offline  
Old 10-09-2016, 01:41 PM
  #7237  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2014
Posts: 728
Default

Originally Posted by SmitteyB
Yeah, Gumm is in a pseudo management training program and I guarantee they have plans for him long term in ATL. They are grooming him.

Endeavor is a stepping stone for him, too. Going to RAH would be a step back in his career.
Did he have to serve two years as CEO to get an interview for Delta management?
Five93H is offline  
Old 10-09-2016, 02:23 PM
  #7238  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2015
Posts: 126
Default

Originally Posted by Five93H
Did he have to serve two years as CEO to get an interview for Delta management?
Yes, but he will still have to go through the full interview process. It's a great opportunity; trust me.
musketeer is offline  
Old 10-09-2016, 02:27 PM
  #7239  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2015
Posts: 126
Default

Originally Posted by seminolepilot
Has anyone ever had just one option to commute in and not make it? I try to cover myself but I couldn't come up a day early due to family plans forgot all about the holiday this weekend. I was wondering if anything ever came from it.
If you miss your first/only attempt you should check your temperature every few minutes and make sure you are feeling alright, if you catch my drift. Otherwise you'll probably get a letter in your file, which you obviously don't want.
musketeer is offline  
Old 10-09-2016, 06:56 PM
  #7240  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2013
Posts: 545
Default

Originally Posted by musketeer
If you miss your first/only attempt you should check your temperature every few minutes and make sure you are feeling alright, if you catch my drift. Otherwise you'll probably get a letter in your file, which you obviously don't want.
Of course not, but yea wasn't one of my best moments. Didn't want to ask on a public forum but i was wondering.
seminolepilot is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
StraightShooter
Endeavor Air
124
06-26-2023 10:23 AM
WARich
Delta
11220
06-10-2020 07:42 AM
Crash
Major
3437
01-30-2013 06:51 PM
shua757
Major
2
02-24-2009 06:44 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices