Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Endeavor Air
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor? >

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Notices
Endeavor Air Regional Airline

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Old 11-14-2016, 03:30 PM
  #8221  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2015
Posts: 438
Default

Admit it, you miss Nancy. hahahaha
53x11 is offline  
Old 11-14-2016, 04:34 PM
  #8222  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: CaptFo
Posts: 997
Default

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
Some fighter pilot squadron commanders get passed up too. No group has a 100% success rate, and every group has a few who didn't get hired who probably should have gotten hired. And that includes those who prepared well.

But its no secret that many of the SSP candidates (at least initially) walked in (ridiculously) thinking it was just a good old boy, buddy roe, "grin and grip" and that's just asinine.

Again, I never said that if you prepare well, you will have a 100% chance of getting the job. That's never the case. But if the average is around 2/3, and we know there are some who don't take it seriously and some who have attitudes, its safe to say that if you do take it seriously and don't have an attitude, your odds will be above the average.

As for the draining of pilots issue, there's two sides to that coin. On the one hand they need to provide an incentive to get pilots to go and stay there (for a while at least) and on the other hand they, like you said, can't just gut the operation instantly into oblivion. Also though, they want good pilots and good people to work with from all sources.

I'm all for a viable path from EDV to DAL, but its never going to be 100%. And no one is ever going to be "shafted" or whatever because they weren't hired by DL or anywhere else.

While no one knows what the future of this segment of the industry will hold, I think its safe to say there likely won't ever be a pure 100% flow at DL. But when you start out with a 2/3 success rate, and can increase those odds by preparing hard and having a good attitude, that's pretty darn good IMO.
I agree with you on that. I just wanted to point out that most 9E candidates studied their arse off and prepared big time for that interview.
Yumyum is offline  
Old 11-14-2016, 04:39 PM
  #8223  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat
Posts: 12,517
Default

Originally Posted by Yumyum View Post
I agree with you on that. I just wanted to point out that most 9E candidates studied their arse off and prepared big time for that interview.
I'm sure most did, and continue to do so. And most get hired.
gloopy is offline  
Old 11-14-2016, 04:45 PM
  #8224  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: CaptFo
Posts: 997
Default

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
I'm sure most did, and continue to do so. And most get hired.
You're correct.....Elsewhere.
Yumyum is offline  
Old 11-14-2016, 04:48 PM
  #8225  
Gets Weekends Off
 
chrisreedrules's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: CRJ FO
Posts: 4,593
Default

Originally Posted by WhiskeyDelta View Post
No employee is deserving until they are hired by a company they want to work for. The lines between Endeavor and Delta are clear. They are separate companies so I'd think twice about copping an attitude of feeling deserving of something you haven't earned by interviewing. If anything your sense of entitlement is misdirected. It should be pointed at management. They are in control of this, not the pilots. Unless of course you have concrete evidence DALPA told management to stuff it when approached with a flow LOA. To my knowledge that hasn't happened.

I flew US Air passengers for almost a decade for ZW. I never felt entitled to a job at Airways because of it. Has it crossed your mind that maybe the attitude you seem to be portraying is the attitude Delta doesn't want in its employees?

Lastly, don't take any of this to mean I'm not in support of a flow. It certainly has its advantages. However, as of right now, this is Delta's philosophy and there's no sense in crying in your Cheerio's over something you have no control over.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Funny how the American/USAir/AWest pilots think the flows are excellent and think that mainline American should be taking more flows. And I'm pretty sure they were all hired through an interview. Are Delta pilots somehow superior to them? It is after all the exact same job. No one at a WO regional (be it Endevaor or one of the AAG WOs) feels we "deserve" a job at mainline. But let's be real here. When someone buys a ticket on Delta or American, and the flight gets flown by their regional subsidiary, why are those pilots "good enough" to fly YOUR passengers at their regional under your brand, but not on your actual airplanes? The SSP that Endeavor has with Delta turns down many qualified applicants. Sometimes twice. But hey, it's okay, they can still fly your passengers around under your brand who bought tickets to fly on your airline. Sounds a little ludicrous doesn't it? I'm glad the culture at American isn't like that.
chrisreedrules is offline  
Old 11-14-2016, 05:53 PM
  #8226  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,648
Default

Originally Posted by chrisreedrules View Post
Funny how the American/USAir/AWest pilots think the flows are excellent and think that mainline American should be taking more flows. And I'm pretty sure they were all hired through an interview. Are Delta pilots somehow superior to them? It is after all the exact same job. No one at a WO regional (be it Endevaor or one of the AAG WOs) feels we "deserve" a job at mainline. But let's be real here. When someone buys a ticket on Delta or American, and the flight gets flown by their regional subsidiary, why are those pilots "good enough" to fly YOUR passengers at their regional under your brand, but not on your actual airplanes? The SSP that Endeavor has with Delta turns down many qualified applicants. Sometimes twice. But hey, it's okay, they can still fly your passengers around under your brand who bought tickets to fly on your airline. Sounds a little ludicrous doesn't it? I'm glad the culture at American isn't like that.
Delta has always been the primadonna airline. I remember many Delta pilots voicing their disapproval during their merger with Northwest. Not to the level of U.S. Airways/America West, but there were many segregating the two groups by saying Delta North or Delta South with the arrogance that Delta South were the superior pilots. Maybe in time this will change, but I would say if you can't embrace their culture maybe Delta shouldn't be your first choice
gojo is offline  
Old 11-14-2016, 05:57 PM
  #8227  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2015
Posts: 503
Default

Anyone know if the company will count projected flying toward the FAA 1,000 hours for upgrade?
Slaveaway is offline  
Old 11-14-2016, 06:00 PM
  #8228  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Posts: 365
Default

Originally Posted by Slaveaway View Post
Anyone know if the company will count projected flying toward the FAA 1,000 hours for upgrade?
I remember reading they want you to put in your bid and current hours for CA even if you don't meet all the requirements as of yet. So yes, I think so. Might be wrong though.
AnotherWriter is offline  
Old 11-14-2016, 06:21 PM
  #8229  
Gets Weekends Off
 
chrisreedrules's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: CRJ FO
Posts: 4,593
Default

Originally Posted by gojo View Post
Delta has always been the primadonna airline. I remember many Delta pilots voicing their disapproval during their merger with Northwest. Not to the level of U.S. Airways/America West, but there were many segregating the two groups by saying Delta North or Delta South with the arrogance that Delta South were the superior pilots. Maybe in time this will change, but I would say if you can't embrace their culture maybe Delta shouldn't be your first choice
Maybe, I've met some really great pilots who work there, and they didn't come off like this. And I won't count anything out, but Delta never has and likely never will be my first, or my second choice. I'd love to work for any legacy one day, but United, American, FedEx, and UPS are a higher priority than Delta for me.
chrisreedrules is offline  
Old 11-14-2016, 06:27 PM
  #8230  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2015
Posts: 325
Default

Originally Posted by Slaveaway View Post
Anyone know if the company will count projected flying toward the FAA 1,000 hours for upgrade?
There was a company email that said they will NOT project out for the 1000 121 SIC, only the 1000 hour company requirement. This is because you can't start day 1 of ground school without the required FAA time.
Skittles9E is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
StraightShooter
Endeavor Air
124
06-26-2023 11:23 AM
WARich
Delta
11220
06-10-2020 08:42 AM
Crash
Major
3437
01-30-2013 07:51 PM
shua757
Major
2
02-24-2009 07:44 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices