Notices
Envoy Airlines Regional Airline

Envoy

Old 12-09-2018, 06:42 PM
  #10541  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,230
Default

Originally Posted by Cyio View Post
It has its upsides sure, but in this day and age it is pretty antiquated. Sure, I very occasionally use it, typically needed that Saber guide pdf to get things done, but it is pretty rare.
I use it often. In fact, I find that maximizing pay here isn't possible without some decs usage, in addition to Quicktrade. You need to be using both.
highfarfast is offline  
Old 12-10-2018, 12:23 PM
  #10542  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2017
Posts: 190
Default

Originally Posted by highfarfast View Post
I use it often. In fact, I find that maximizing pay here isn't possible without some decs usage, in addition to Quicktrade. You need to be using both.
You should offer a seminar. Sell tickets. A guy does this at Delta. Seriously
inevitableneb is offline  
Old 12-10-2018, 01:02 PM
  #10543  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,966
Default

Originally Posted by inevitableneb View Post
You should offer a seminar. Sell tickets. A guy does this at Delta. Seriously
I would go
Cyio is offline  
Old 12-10-2018, 01:26 PM
  #10544  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2015
Posts: 687
Default

Anyone have any idea where these projected year of service to flow #s that just got emailed came from? Showing Feb of 2020 being a Feb of 2014 new hire. That would be quite an increase if true. Hope it's true.
moon is offline  
Old 12-10-2018, 01:36 PM
  #10545  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2017
Posts: 223
Default

Originally Posted by moon View Post
Anyone have any idea where these projected year of service to flow #s that just got emailed came from? Showing Feb of 2020 being a Feb of 2014 new hire. That would be quite an increase if true. Hope it's true.
The unofficial seniority lists found on the union websites do not take into account things like attrition to other airlines, which would shorten what is being predicted by them. No one knows for sure (probably) but I'm confident the company has their own internal numbers for predicted attrition outside of flow/retirement.
ENH017 is offline  
Old 12-10-2018, 01:51 PM
  #10546  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2015
Posts: 214
Default

Originally Posted by ENH017 View Post
The unofficial seniority lists found on the union websites do not take into account things like attrition to other airlines, which would shorten what is being predicted by them. No one knows for sure (probably) but I'm confident the company has their own internal numbers for predicted attrition outside of flow/retirement.
So union flow projection shows for me a 5.3 year flow and the company says 4.3 years. Can we get this in writing somewhere with a guarantee? Can we get this magical attrition algorithm the company is using published? The latest non-flow attrition numbers YTD were 205 pilots. We would need about that (aka 400 pilots in two years) to make the flow decrease by a year. It too bad attrition doesnít work that way. Not everyone leaving is at the top of the seniority list. Most folks who leave are at the bottom. OAL hiring will be less of an issue when flow drops from 12 years to 5. Without seeing the company math I am assuming they are overestimating. Yes ALPA numbers are worst case, but they havenít moved much in two years. In two years I went from 5.5 to 5.3, for it to drop to 4.3 in another two years seems off. Maybe others with more info on how they get these numbers can chime in.
mketch11 is offline  
Old 12-10-2018, 02:00 PM
  #10547  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,727
Default

Thereís a sweet spot for 2016 hires that has close to 4.5 year flow without external attrition on the ALPA interactive seniority list.

Exponentially gets worse after that as ENY hired basically 1000 pilots in a year after that group.

So yes, a small group will probably realistically see a 4.5 year flow. But that is definitely cherry picking.
havick206 is offline  
Old 12-10-2018, 02:35 PM
  #10548  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2015
Posts: 687
Default

Originally Posted by havick206 View Post
Thereís a sweet spot for 2016 hires that has close to 4.5 year flow without external attrition on the ALPA interactive seniority list.

Exponentially gets worse after that as ENY hired basically 1000 pilots in a year after that group.

So yes, a small group will probably realistically see a 4.5 year flow. But that is definitely cherry picking.
Agreed some of those '16 hires timed it well, but this new projection shows a 4.5 year flow from August on to the end of 2020 so a Jan of 15 hire would be at 4.5 years. That would make the 16s even lower.
moon is offline  
Old 12-10-2018, 02:39 PM
  #10549  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,727
Default

Originally Posted by moon View Post
Agreed some of those '16 hires timed it well, but this new projection shows a 4.5 year flow from August on to the end of 2020 so a Jan of 15 hire would be at 4.5 years. That would make the 16s even lower.
Thatís possible I guess depending on how much outside attrition occurs in the upper ranks of seniority (900 or less on DECS).
havick206 is offline  
Old 12-10-2018, 06:48 PM
  #10550  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 98
Default

Originally Posted by inevitableneb View Post
You should offer a seminar. Sell tickets. A guy does this at Delta. Seriously
Or you could always do a YouTube series just showing the apps and DECS. Donít even have to show your face or Ďnothin. Unless you want that sweet Envoy fame.
Vne469 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
PilotCrusader
Envoy Airlines
116
05-31-2016 10:02 AM
diva
Envoy Airlines
649
09-19-2015 11:03 AM
somedayillcare
Envoy Airlines
1
12-10-2014 03:30 AM
Romulus
Envoy Airlines
15
10-14-2014 07:34 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread