Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2018, 05:27 PM   #61  
Gets Weekends Off
 
afterburn81's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: CR7
Posts: 1,078
Default

And to everyone's big surprise, Per the company during negotiations, The announcement for the awarded E175s would be posted "immediately" following a pilot contract ratification. Well.........it's been over 2 weeks. Nothing. Man, pilots are stupid sometimes.
afterburn81 is offline  
Old 10-11-2018, 06:02 PM   #62  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Posts: 2,143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterburn81 View Post
And to everyone's big surprise, Per the company during negotiations, The announcement for the awarded E175s would be posted "immediately" following a pilot contract ratification. Well.........it's been over 2 weeks. Nothing. Man, pilots are stupid sometimes.
I donít think they would have put January 31, 2019 in the contract if management wasnít planning to use the time. An early February announcement leaves enough time to train the initial cadre of pilots and still achieve Unitedís goal.
calmwinds is offline  
Old 10-11-2018, 07:39 PM   #63  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmwinds View Post
I donít think they would have put January 31, 2019 in the contract if management wasnít planning to use the time. An early February announcement leaves enough time to train the initial cadre of pilots and still achieve Unitedís goal.
From the MEC:
"While this is all encouraging news, we realize that the work that is being done to prepare for the delivery of new airplanes does not carry the same weight as an official announcement of the placement of those aircraft at ExpressJet. While Contract 2018 does not require this announcement to be made until January 2019, the questions your representatives have received stem from the fact that management, on multiple occasions and in multiple locations, specifically told our pilot group that an announcement of the placement of EMB175s at ExpressJet would occur immediately following the ratification of Contract 2018. Your XJT MEC has received no indication from management as to when this announcement might occur as any announcement concerning the placement of new aircraft at ExpressJet will be made by United Airlines."
Blackhawk is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 07:00 AM   #64  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk View Post
From the MEC:
"While this is all encouraging news, we realize that the work that is being done to prepare for the delivery of new airplanes does not carry the same weight as an official announcement of the placement of those aircraft at ExpressJet. While Contract 2018 does not require this announcement to be made until January 2019, the questions your representatives have received stem from the fact that management, on multiple occasions and in multiple locations, specifically told our pilot group that an announcement of the placement of EMB175s at ExpressJet would occur immediately following the ratification of Contract 2018. Your XJT MEC has received no indication from management as to when this announcement might occur as any announcement concerning the placement of new aircraft at ExpressJet will be made by United Airlines."
The back of my mind reading the thread had me thinking the carrot was a rouse all along, and more tied to convincing Skywest to accept a similar compensation amount using XJTís TA as the premise being a much larger pilot group.

I guess time will tell.

**Tim foil hat now off.
havick206 is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 03:39 PM   #65  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Posts: 2,143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by havick206 View Post
The back of my mind reading the thread had me thinking the carrot was a rouse all along, and more tied to convincing Skywest to accept a similar compensation amount using XJTís TA as the premise being a much larger pilot group.

I guess time will tell.

**Tim foil hat now off.
Given a tin foil hat, I have viewed the loss of the secret clause (if no secret LOA has been signed) made this contract easy to fulfill by SKW. SKW just needs to shift 20 of their E175ís in ORD, itís junior 175 base, over to Xjet and Xjet is still under the SGU yoke.

My bet is something is announced next month before the UAL quarterly SEC report.
calmwinds is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 07:09 PM   #66  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmwinds View Post
Given a tin foil hat, I have viewed the loss of the secret clause (if no secret LOA has been signed) made this contract easy to fulfill by SKW. SKW just needs to shift 20 of their E175ís in ORD, itís junior 175 base, over to Xjet and Xjet is still under the SGU yoke.

My bet is something is announced next month before the UAL quarterly SEC report.
There has not been a reduction in the number of negotiated contingencies. There was an extra one mistakenly published when the contract was released, but we donít know if that was the secret contingency or not.
da42pilot is offline  
Old 10-13-2018, 10:14 AM   #67  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jun 2018
Posts: 26
Default

Can anyone reference where "the company" gave any sort of timeline for an announcement? I can't find anything anywhere...
Magic8Ball is offline  
Old 10-13-2018, 01:54 PM   #68  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic8Ball View Post
Can anyone reference where "the company" gave any sort of timeline for an announcement? I can't find anything anywhere...

I never saw or heard this timeline anywhere. Supposedly some management folks said it at a roadshow?
Hou757 is offline  
Old 10-14-2018, 05:15 AM   #69  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2018
Posts: 501
Default

Hook line and sinker! ya'll took the bait...
Melit is offline  
Old 10-14-2018, 06:07 AM   #70  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melit View Post
Hook line and sinker! ya'll took the bait...
Itís not like there was much of a choice. Vote it down and definitely be shut down with less pay. Vote in favor and still face the possibility of a shut down but with more pay.
If the latter, at least get paid more while going back into negotiations.
Blackhawk is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DELTA: General new hire questions DAL757 Major 6 12-14-2015 08:10 AM
Airnet Interview... Should I go? rickB Part 135 29 10-26-2011 01:12 PM
logging PIC question Time2Fly Corporate 38 08-11-2010 09:17 PM
Time and GPS jungle Hangar Talk 6 12-07-2008 02:17 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:54 AM.