Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > JetBlue
JetBlue Latest and Greatest >

JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Notices

JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Old 03-02-2022, 08:44 AM
  #12311  
The REAL Bluedriver
 
Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt
Posts: 6,880
Default

Originally Posted by capt707 View Post
Have a better idea? I think the point was to use something the company is very protective about. Remember the “contract Above all”? My guess you weren’t around for that. It really bothered the company and they actually sued the union and lost.
Agree. Sounds just fine to me.

The guys saying they have no confidence in getting a good contract are your own worst enemy. You say this in the cockpit, infecting others with your pessimism. The biggest hurdle to achieving a great contract isn't the MEC chairman, it's the line pilots solidarity and willingness to stay strong, unified and with the union, all that that means, and not making things easy and comfortable for those on the other side of the negotiations table.

A contract didn't get done LAST TIME until things were finally becoming uncomfortable for New York. Remember that, and all that it means. Focusing on ANYTHING else is self sabotage.
Bluedriver is offline  
Old 03-02-2022, 11:54 AM
  #12312  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: 320 F.O.
Posts: 1,386
Default

Originally Posted by Bluedriver View Post
Agree. Sounds just fine to me.

The guys saying they have no confidence in getting a good contract are your own worst enemy. You say this in the cockpit, infecting others with your pessimism. The biggest hurdle to achieving a great contract isn't the MEC chairman, it's the line pilots solidarity and willingness to stay strong, unified and with the union, all that that means, and not making things easy and comfortable for those on the other side of the negotiations table.

A contract didn't get done LAST TIME until things were finally becoming uncomfortable for New York. Remember that, and all that it means. Focusing on ANYTHING else is self sabotage.
well said Bluedriver. We won't get a good contract unless we stand together and do our jobs, no more no less..
Climbto450 is offline  
Old 03-02-2022, 12:13 PM
  #12313  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2019
Posts: 978
Default

Originally Posted by Bluedriver View Post
Agree. Sounds just fine to me.

The guys saying they have no confidence in getting a good contract are your own worst enemy. You say this in the cockpit, infecting others with your pessimism. The biggest hurdle to achieving a great contract isn't the MEC chairman, it's the line pilots solidarity and willingness to stay strong, unified and with the union, all that that means, and not making things easy and comfortable for those on the other side of the negotiations table.

A contract didn't get done LAST TIME until things were finally becoming uncomfortable for New York. Remember that, and all that it means. Focusing on ANYTHING else is self sabotage.
100% agree with you BlueDriver. Very well said.
Roy Biggins is offline  
Old 03-02-2022, 12:28 PM
  #12314  
Layover Master
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated
Posts: 4,310
Default

https://www.wgrz.com/amp/article/new...6-35482cf602dd

No comment.
PotatoChip is offline  
Old 03-02-2022, 02:35 PM
  #12315  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Captain
Posts: 241
Default

https://thepointsguy.com/news/americ...aCSfq871ABU8Ww
blueballs is offline  
Old 03-02-2022, 07:39 PM
  #12316  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Nov 2021
Posts: 7
Default

Not trying to start a rumor mill. Just looking for serious opinions. I tried looking in the forums but only found c9medic answers. And yes I completely understand the aviation industry and how it works. Who do you all think will buy JetBlue or who will JetBlue buy in order to help with this current and future pilot shortage?
Rhett1100 is offline  
Old 03-03-2022, 04:05 AM
  #12317  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Ted Striker's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: B6
Posts: 777
Default

900+ new hires (target) for 2022 …. How is that even possible????
Ted Striker is offline  
Old 03-03-2022, 05:42 AM
  #12318  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Oct 2021
Posts: 41
Default

Originally Posted by Rhett1100 View Post
Not trying to start a rumor mill. Just looking for serious opinions. I tried looking in the forums but only found c9medic answers. And yes I completely understand the aviation industry and how it works. Who do you all think will buy JetBlue or who will JetBlue buy in order to help with this current and future pilot shortage?
This question isn't worth answering. It's constantly asked, and the same speculation is offered every time. Nobody knows. It's unpredictable. The "pilot shortage" always ends in this cyclical industry. We seem to have short memories. You can find all the "serious opinions" you want going back through these threads. Nothing has changed.
reservelyfe is offline  
Old 03-03-2022, 06:07 AM
  #12319  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2018
Posts: 133
Default

Originally Posted by reservelyfe View Post
This question isn't worth answering. It's constantly asked, and the same speculation is offered every time. Nobody knows. It's unpredictable. The "pilot shortage" always ends in this cyclical industry. We seem to have short memories. You can find all the "serious opinions" you want going back through these threads. Nothing has changed.
So, if I understand you correctly, FedEx is a lock as our next merger? TIA
Wipeout is offline  
Old 03-03-2022, 06:22 AM
  #12320  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Sep 2020
Posts: 86
Default JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Originally Posted by Rhett1100 View Post
Not trying to start a rumor mill. Just looking for serious opinions. I tried looking in the forums but only found c9medic answers. And yes I completely understand the aviation industry and how it works. Who do you all think will buy JetBlue or who will JetBlue buy in order to help with this current and future pilot shortage?

Cape air will buy us and staple


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whica Flore is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Zoomie
Major
36
01-28-2015 11:44 AM
iahflyr
Major
27
09-30-2014 09:04 AM
Mason32
Regional
270
07-27-2010 06:01 PM
Scott34567
Regional
39
05-29-2008 07:08 PM
Sir James
Major
0
07-29-2005 07:02 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices