Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Cape Air

Old 01-13-2021, 04:46 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2020

Originally Posted by dapuckstopper15 View Post
I don’t think 15 months after you get your ATP is too bad considering the current climate. Not many companies are paying for ATP’s at the moment. “Not many” does not mean there aren’t other paid ATP choices are out there but why pay for an ATP when you can hire a guy with thousands of hours that already has one. After the commitment is over, hopefully the industry is in a much better place and guys like you and I will be competitive. Also Cape Air has a pretty good reputation throughout the industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply, I'm hoping to get the job mainly because im sick of instructing! But also think this would be a great job and lots of fun, I've heard great things about the culture of all the pilots over there. That puts it in perspective too, 15 months from my ATP isnt too bad, especially during at least half of that time most airlines will still be dealing with COVID, issues, maybe even longer, so to be locked into PIC multiengine employment would not be a bad thing at all
Old 01-13-2021, 06:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by flyguy0246 View Post
I've got an interview set up, currently have 1050 TT 500 Dual Given 100 Actual Instrument 75 Night and 20 Multi (this is probably the weakness of my hours), CFI/CFII, am I competitive? Also, if I were to get the job is it a bad idea to take it given the 15 month commitment if my end game goal is to be an airline pilot? Looking to hear some opinions/advice. Thanks guys!
Doubt many airlines are going to hire much in the next 12 months. I’m at a major and they’re not hiring within that timeframe, which means there’s really nowhere for RJ pilots to go.

If airlines do hire within the next 12-15 months, then it will probably be ex-121 pilots with type ratings and plenty of experience. So, with that in mind if Cape Air offers a job, I’d jump at it.
Old 01-14-2021, 04:05 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2017

I've got an interview set up, currently have 1050 TT 500 Dual Given 100 Actual Instrument 75 Night and 20 Multi (this is probably the weakness of my hours), CFI/CFII, am I competitive? Also, if I were to get the job is it a bad idea to take it given the 15 month commitment if my end game goal is to be an airline pilot? Looking to hear some opinions/advice. Thanks guys!
I was just hired with basically the same exact credentials. I doubt regionals will be hiring anytime this year. When they do it’ll be all the experienced guys that were furloughed out of training or were at one of the multiple airlines that went out of business. I believe its better experience than staying as a CFI/CFII.
Old 01-14-2021, 06:36 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by NYCflier12 View Post
I was just hired with basically the same exact credentials. I doubt regionals will be hiring anytime this year. When they do it’ll be all the experienced guys that were furloughed out of training or were at one of the multiple airlines that went out of business. I believe its better experience than staying as a CFI/CFII.
Congrats on getting hired! I agree, 100%, thinking about it further, in a worst case scenario I think the commitment would cost me just a few months of potential senority. In a more likely scenario, it won't even cost me any senority, and will get me an RJ job/upgrade faster than my peers who stayed teaching, because I will come out of it with a lot of 135 Multi PIC time. Also, the Spirit flow looks interesting on paper, don't know much about it how it actually works in reality.

If you don't mind me asking, how was the interview, and how long from finishing the interview to then getting a job offer?
Old 01-14-2021, 09:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Congrats on getting hired! I agree, 100%, thinking about it further, in a worst case scenario I think the commitment would cost me just a few months of potential senority. In a more likely scenario, it won't even cost me any senority, and will get me an RJ job/upgrade faster than my peers who stayed teaching, because I will come out of it with a lot of 135 Multi PIC time. Also, the Spirit flow looks interesting on paper, don't know much about it how it actually works in reality.

If you don't mind me asking, how was the interview, and how long from finishing the interview to then getting a job offer?

Let’s be clear. Not just 135 multi pic. Which will better prepare you for sure. But 135 Commuter multi pic, which counts towards the 1000 hours required for 121 pic. Normal unscheduled 135 multi pic does not.

And you’ll build total time which will matter down the road at a faster clip than any other time in your whole career...

Old 01-16-2021, 10:48 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2017

The interview was very straight forward. No surprise questions. If you look at some of the gouges they are spot on about what will be asked. It was about 4 days after the interview when I got the call that I was hired. The pilot hiring team meets once a week so you won’t know at the end of the interview like some of the other airlines.
Old 01-22-2021, 02:47 AM
On Reserve

Well I got the job and accepted it! Anyone else starting class in February? Would love to connect
Old 01-22-2021, 09:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by NYCflier12 View Post
The interview was very straight forward. No surprise questions. If you look at some of the gouges they are spot on about what will be asked. It was about 4 days after the interview when I got the call that I was hired. The pilot hiring team meets once a week so you won’t know at the end of the interview like some of the other airlines.
Where can I get said gouges? Haven’t seen anything posted online.
Old 01-23-2021, 03:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by SoFloFlyer View Post
Where can I get said gouges? Haven’t seen anything posted online.

Everyone should know about aviationinterviews.com

Old 01-23-2021, 05:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by BravoTango View Post
Everyone should know about aviationinterviews.com

Yeah, I figured it out lol thought it was a different one lol