Cape Air

Subscribe
19  59  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  79  119  169 
Page 69 of 257
Go to
BOS is out of reach without a few years seniority there's about 4 lifers who are there and the base has had between 4-8 lines over the past 2 years, it flexes during the summer and adds a few more but not enough to touch the bottom 50% of the captains list.

EWB same story

HYA went pretty junior for the winter due to the lines all being 35 hour min while many of the upstate lines were close to 50.

ACK, MVY, LEB, AUG went middle of the pack seniority for the guys that couldn't get BOS or couldn't afford HYA.

Based on the level of attrition new hires could really get anything as they tend to just throw people into empty spots if they finish training in between bids.

Junior bases are as always anything in the midwest, and the BVI due to the expense and 6 month requirement if u go there.

gl to those applying
And what about SJU or MAZ?
SJU - Low guy for winter is 11/2010, this base flexes a lot so during summer it bottoms out around 2004 hires i believe.

MAZ - held by two guys with 6+ years. MAZ doesn't flex for winter, so unless one of them leaves no one else will be able to get in there except if the company ups the flying.
Quote: SJU - Low guy for winter is 11/2010, this base flexes a lot so during summer it bottoms out around 2004 hires i believe.

MAZ - held by two guys with 6+ years. MAZ doesn't flex for winter, so unless one of them leaves no one else will be able to get in there except if the company ups the flying.

You have to be atleast a 2004 hire to hold the SJU base year round? Am I reading that right? What about the 2010 hire date for the winter season in SJU, I thought new hires went sent straight down to SJU.
Quote: PPL are bailing! Keep sending your stuff in
What's the reason for bailing?
Quote: My class started on time and there are 2 more classes starting in October. There will be classes running all the way to April with a little break around the Holidays is what we're being told. Get your resume and online ap in and give the hiring department a call soon as classes seem to be filling.
How many are in your class?
Quote: What's the reason for bailing?
I guess I should have said...moving ON. Cape is a great place to work, however long term it is a different story
Quote: How many are in your class?
8 captains and 4 intern/FOs
Quote: You have to be atleast a 2004 hire to hold the SJU base year round? Am I reading that right? What about the 2010 hire date for the winter season in SJU, I thought new hires went sent straight down to SJU.
Outstation basing. Whereas a few years ago 9k based the vast majority of caribbean pilots in SJU, they changed to basing more in outstations - STT, STX, EIS, VQS, etc. All the guys who have homes and families in SJU can barely hold a line on there, as the once large hub station now has no more lines than the outstations do.

I think the islands, in general, are junior. But SJU, specifically is senior.
Quote: Outstation basing. Whereas a few years ago 9k based the vast majority of caribbean pilots in SJU, they changed to basing more in outstations - STT, STX, EIS, VQS, etc. All the guys who have homes and families in SJU can barely hold a line on there, as the once large hub station now has no more lines than the outstations do.

I think the islands, in general, are junior. But SJU, specifically is senior.
^^exactly

with the new outstation basing model and the large swing in size depending on season. A person could get SJU with less than a year of seniority in winter. But during the summer, guys that have 6+ years can struggle to hold it, despite having held SJU year round for years. Same is true for almost every 9K base just the number of years seniority needed changes. In short unless your willing to take the bases no one wants *cough*Midwest*cough* don't expect a year round base for a few years.
19  59  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  79  119  169 
Page 69 of 257
Go to