New Envoy Information

Subscribe
140  190  230  236  237  238  239  240  241  242  243  244  250  290  340 
Page 240 of 690
Go to
Ooooohhhh......
Quote: I own you and this thread so watch yourself.
Oooooohhhhh......

That's the post I was intending to reply to.
Quote: Oooooohhhhh......

That's the post I was intending to reply to.
Well done then.
Quote: 20/120 CRJ lines are 11 days off. If you take the lack of commutability into consideration, your true days off drops. I picked a random line of the 11 day off lines, and three of the four day trips are early starts, requiring a commuter to fly in the night before. Take away .5 of a day off for each trip and you're looking at 9.5 True Days Off per month. A random 13 day off line, three trips finishing late, bringing that one down to 11.5 TDO. Now a random 15 day off line. Five trips either start too early or finish too late! You're swapping your body clock all month! Subtract 2.5 and that is 12.5 TDO. The lack of commutability is killing these schedules, and it doesn't seem to correlate with seniority much, either. That 15 day off line is a three day trip line, one typically bid by the most senior pilots.

One more addition - the CRJ lines are typically better than the EMJ lines.
I don't disagree with this necessarily, but it should be tempered with the fact that those who choose to bid RSV; even as commuters, can easily get 16-18 days at home. If they are in the top 50% of the RSV rotation. We'll see how long that lasts as we get deeper into summer though.
Quote: Let me guess... envoy is your first "real" job. You have never served fries, mopped floors or any other crappy labor job. Take it from someone who has many crappy jobs that paid for his own college and flight training. Half the crappy stuff that goes on at envoy goes on a most companies. If you think the grass is greener, I encourage you to jump the fence and give it a try.

Maybe you shouldn't make assumptions before opening your mouth. I have been to "other" pastures, junior. I know how bad it can be. But last I checked this is the Envoy thread. So if you don't like me spouting the truth, then maybe you can go complain to Papa Parker and get him to start playing nice to the hard working Envoy pilots. Until then, enjoy your empty promises like always. I've been paying my school loans for years before I ever came to Eagle. You can go wank yourself next to a 787 for all I care.
Quote: 20/120 CRJ lines are 11 days off. If you take the lack of commutability into consideration, your true days off drops. I picked a random line of the 11 day off lines, and three of the four day trips are early starts, requiring a commuter to fly in the night before. Take away .5 of a day off for each trip and you're looking at 9.5 True Days Off per month. A random 13 day off line, three trips finishing late, bringing that one down to 11.5 TDO. Now a random 15 day off line. Five trips either start too early or finish too late! You're swapping your body clock all month! Subtract 2.5 and that is 12.5 TDO. The lack of commutability is killing these schedules, and it doesn't seem to correlate with seniority much, either. That 15 day off line is a three day trip line, one typically bid by the most senior pilots.

One more addition - the CRJ lines are typically better than the EMJ lines.
The EMB lines in DFW are much much worse for FOs and CAs alike.
I have some contacts at a few other regionals and am making a bid comparison for the month of May.

I can tell you, the guy that said it goes on everywhere else is full of it. Just from eyeballing it, we have the worst quality of life lines out there. These are the facts. The flow might happen, but these are the facts of life.
Qol sucks here. Hotels are the worst I've ever seen. The hotels remind of places you drove by as a kid and would ask your parents about, they would just say don't go there. Oh, back to the lines, I don't think they could get worse.

I use to say, how do people go to Mesa when we have forums like this telling them how bad it is, now I wonder why people would go to envoy when we have forums like this.

Please for your sanity, don't come here. Many better choices. Envoy mang. Cannot blame this on AAG, we have enough things in place to be an OK Regional, but unfortunately Pedro and Dic are in positions way above their education. These two should be at best in positions of no descion making.
oh, so they both should be back in pampers.
Quote: . Oh, back to the lines, I don't think they could get worse.

That's what I thought when I saw April's lines. May's got worse. Are you taking bets?
your union dues working hard for you
140  190  230  236  237  238  239  240  241  242  243  244  250  290  340 
Page 240 of 690
Go to