PSA info

Subscribe
249  299  339  345  346  347  348  349  350  351  352  353  359  399  449 
Page 349 of 679
Go to
Yeah I saw the hotel thing was finally put into effect by the very last day they said they'd have it done by. It's interesting how effective immediately means 2 months later. I guess it's no surprise since it's brought to you by the same guys who said AQP would be in place by summer of last year.
Quote: They are considering a base at BNA? Is this still happening?
Very unlikely but for what its worth Kernan said its still on a list of possibles. Its not a bad drive from Nashville to Knoxville. There are quite a few pilots who do it. You can shave 45 minutes off the drive it you just live in Lebanon TN.
Could someone give me an idea of what IOE is like? How long, do you just fly the line with an instructor, do you fly out of your crew base or out of a specific base? Thanks in advance.
Quote: Could someone give me an idea of what IOE is like? How long, do you just fly the line with an instructor, do you fly out of your crew base or out of a specific base? Thanks in advance.
Initial IOE is 25 hours in your primary aircraft type (generally 700/900) then 10 hours of differences in the 200. All IOE is conducted with a check airman who will train you in line operations. For initial IOE you are still considered home-based so they will dead head you from where you live to wherever your trips will start/finish.
Quote: Initial IOE is 25 hours in your primary aircraft type (generally 700/900) then 10 hours of differences in the 200. All IOE is conducted with a check airman who will train you in line operations. For initial IOE you are still considered home-based so they will dead head you from where you live to wherever your trips will start/finish.
Saw on the facebook page that we are parking 200s, sort of. Few are on the ramp in DAY with plugs and covers on them. Anyone have more insight on this?
I've been hearing a rumor going around that our 200s may be going to Air Wisconsin eventually so we can exercise the rest of the 700 options.
Quote: I've been hearing a rumor going around that our 200s may be going to Air Wisconsin eventually so we can exercise the rest of the 700 options.
That is the most likely option at this point I think. While we are approved for flying all 3 series of CRJ, that doesn't mean the FAA particularly likes it. And if some of our recent FOQA data is anything to go by, I'd say they may be getting nervous. Not trying to spread any false rumors, but damn, some people don't know how to fly a got damn airplane and it's scary hearing about some of that stuff. Really makes you scratch your head and wonder, "how in the actual hell did they get themselves in that position"?

Anyway, I think it would be easier for PSA to park and/or transfer our 200s to AWAC than it would be to transfer the Envoy 700s to anyone but PSA. And AAG wants Envoy flying more 175s. Parking/transferring 145s to Piedmont and getting the 700s to an operator with a single type certificate would ultimately save AAG tens of millions.
Quote: That is the most likely option at this point I think. While we are approved for flying all 3 series of CRJ, that doesn't mean the FAA particularly likes it. And if some of our recent FOQA data is anything to go by, I'd say they may be getting nervous. Not trying to spread any false rumors, but damn, some people don't know how to fly a got damn airplane and it's scary hearing about some of that stuff. Really makes you scratch your head and wonder, "how in the actual hell did they get themselves in that position"?

Anyway, I think it would be easier for PSA to park and/or transfer our 200s to AWAC than it would be to transfer the Envoy 700s to anyone but PSA. And AAG wants Envoy flying more 175s. Parking/transferring 145s to Piedmont and getting the 700s to an operator with a single type certificate would ultimately save AAG tens of millions.
Sounds like AWAC is starting to park airplanes...
AA announced they'd reduce the fleet by 17 200s. AWAC parks some of there's and we transfer some of ours to replace the parked ones. Who has the oldest 200s or earliest expiring leases?
Quote: AA announced they'd reduce the fleet by 17 200s. AWAC parks some of there's and we transfer some of ours to replace the parked ones. Who has the oldest 200s or earliest expiring leases?
AWACs are pretty old. It was my understanding that some of theres are/were 100s converted to 200s or something of the sort. Of course I am probably making this up and i dreamt it up during a long night of drinking. Who knows.

Also there is a AWAC 200 for sale on Ebay currently sooooo if thats any indication...
249  299  339  345  346  347  348  349  350  351  352  353  359  399  449 
Page 349 of 679
Go to