JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Subscribe
281  781  1181  1231  1271  1277  1278  1279  1280  1281  1282  1283  1284  1285  1291  1331  1381 
Page 1281 of 1383
Go to
Quote: At United based in EWR.
How helpful.
Quote: This obviously shows CA movement and projections but let’s say hypothetically as a new hire coming in, what could one glean from this information on potential bidding and/or pitfalls? If you were starting day one where would you want to be as a new hire based on these numbers and what’s coming?
homestly this bid means little for a new hire. The next 2-3 yrs we will be merging operations with Spirit and that will mean a completely different seniority progression with new bases. I’d chose to be based where you want to live if at all possible as a new hire and not focus on much beyond that.
Quote: homestly this bid means little for a new hire. The next 2-3 yrs we will be merging operations with Spirit and that will mean a completely different seniority progression with new bases. I’d chose to be based where you want to live if at all possible as a new hire and not focus on much beyond that.
Appreciated and makes sense. Always trying to read the tea leaves but not always accurate in doing so.
Quote: At United based in EWR.
don’t become that guy.
Quote: Same here. It’s almost like they are just transferring the number of pilots from the 190 to 320 in MCO. It’s definitely not growing but not getting chopped either.

They definitely did the right thing in Orlando, which will hopefully prevent the carnage that was the LGB displacement. Also kind of surprised with the large BOS/220 numbers that they didn’t reduce BOS/190.
As someone mentioned, not as much 199 reduction as I thought. Also surprised not to see a new 220 base with as many as are coming but I guess next year for jfk or fll.
Quote: don’t become that guy.
Lol. It was too easy! I’m not that guy, at least I don’t think I am.
It’s just such a convoluted question when you literally just announce a merger.
Quote: They definitely did the right thing in Orlando, which will hopefully prevent the carnage that was the LGB displacement. Also kind of surprised with the large BOS/220 numbers that they didn’t reduce BOS/190.
But did they? I’ll caveat this with the fact that I apparently have no idea how this annual bid process works. The one thing that stuck out to me was ZERO CA spots on the 4/23 effective date. Doesn’t that mean that some CAs are going to get involuntarily displaced to FOs for that effective date?
Quote: JetBlue has three fleets, so often a seat change results in a training event. Unlike having a single fleet airline where you can bop around the system without any training required. You can theoretically bid base changes on each effective date within the bid. Or do mutual base trades throughout the year. The annual bid sets up for the annual vacation bid the following month. I don't think it's a particularly oddball bid process in the industry. Having a single fleet and monthly bids is the outlier.
Thanks. I hadn’t thought about the training side of it. But kind of sucks that you get one shot to bid and if something changes in your life, you’re stuck for quite a bit. Seems they could do more frequent bids since there are seat locks for transitions and such.
Quote: No, it’s not the only way for you to move bases. We also run monthly base trades, which only works out if there is a match in the system and you’ve got to obey by a few rules. For example, you must not have a pending award; must not require special qualification (SQ flying)…

With that being said, if you want to change equipment and/or upgrade/downgrade, you have to bid in this annual system bid or at a supplemental bid (company decides if/when to run). Lots of us aren’t big fans of this system, myself included. Much rather our older system in which we would run bids every quarter. Hope that helps.
Do supplementals happen often? I’m guessing by your comment on quarterlies being the old way that we are talking maybe 1-2 per year.
281  781  1181  1231  1271  1277  1278  1279  1280  1281  1282  1283  1284  1285  1291  1331  1381 
Page 1281 of 1383
Go to