JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Subscribe
280  680  730  770  776  777  778  779  780  781  782  783  784  790  830  880  1280 
Page 780 of 1383
Go to
Quote: Does anybody have any idea how long it would take to hold a line on the 190 in BOS or JFK?
My last 190 FO held a line in 9 weeks (JFK).
Quote: My last 190 FO held a line in 9 weeks (JFK).
Thanks. What are the routes like for the 190. Do they fly out west at all?
Quote: Thanks. What are the routes like for the 190. Do they fly out west at all?
Buf roc syr a lot. Then a lot out of dca. Some sju and fll stuff as well
Quote: Buf roc syr a lot. Then a lot out of dca. Some sju and fll stuff as well
A lot of BTV as well right? So they don’t fly out west...

When does the seat lock for a new hire start?

Also, I heard E-190 training was easier then Airbus training. Is this true?
Quote: A lot of BTV as well right? So they don’t fly out west...

It’s 1 year from the day you start training.

If you've flown the 170/175 it’s probably easier. But I found them very similar.
Quote: Thanks. What are the routes like for the 190. Do they fly out west at all?
Furthest west you’ll go in the 190 is probably Texas.
Quote: A lot of BTV as well right? So they don’t fly out west...

If you have a class split between the two airframes, you’ll see one half up in their rooms studying and the other down at the bar.

The legs out of the BOS domcile I think are a little easier IMO. A little less upstate NY and BTV depending on the trip....I’ve seen BTV maybe once. You’ll see some MSP, ORD, DFW and Florida turns which are pretty easy, except for ORD sometimes obviously.
Quote: If you have a class split between the two airframes, you’ll see one half up in their rooms studying and the other down at the bar.

The legs out of the BOS domcile I think are a little easier IMO. A little less upstate NY and BTV depending on the trip....I’ve seen BTV maybe once. You’ll see some MSP, ORD, DFW and Florida turns which are pretty easy, except for ORD sometimes obviously.
So the half that is studying is the 320 half I assume... Is this because many of the new hires have 175 type ratings?
Quote: So the half that is studying is the 320 half I assume... Is this because many of the new hires have 175 type ratings?
No, I came in with just a CRJ type...IMO the 190 I think is the most low-key training program for a pt.121 operator out there.

I think it’s because the 190 is more of a conventional airplane vs the Airbus. I’m not typed on the A320, but you have to learn the different laws and all the different quirks makes it a little more challenging. I wouldn’t make a decision based on training difficulty though.
Quote: So the half that is studying is the 320 half I assume... Is this because many of the new hires have 175 type ratings?
That’s just the old saying. The reality is the syllabi are basically the same, the amount of stuff to know is about the same, and the bus isn’t that much more complicated. The bus people in my class were at the bar just as much. I wouldn’t worry about the difficulty of one vs the other in your decision. Having done both I can say are both easy.
280  680  730  770  776  777  778  779  780  781  782  783  784  790  830  880  1280 
Page 780 of 1383
Go to