Notices
Envoy Airlines Regional Airline

New Envoy Information

Old 07-27-2016, 05:14 AM
  #4211  
Gets Weekends Off
 
stanherman's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Hack pilot
Posts: 216
Default

Originally Posted by 450knotOffice View Post
Every Captain you knew who flowed? You must've known quite a few really bitter captains, because nearly every pilot who's flowed over can tell you that the differnce between the two companies, in terms of how we are treated on a daily basis by Crew Scheduling, Crew Tracking, and the Chief Pilot's offices is night and day different than it was on the Eagle side. Conversations with Crew Scheduling are pleasant and not confrontational. If you call out fatigued or sick, you don't get any attitude over the phone, you simply get an "OK". When something is needed from the Chief pilot's office, the staff is pleasant, and the Chief's themselves are even more so. The comparisons can go on and on.

Yes, there have been a few guys that have come over and have carried their chip on their shoulder right into the AA cockpits, and the captains who have had the displeasure of being paired with them have told me it makes for a miserable trip. But those guys are the exception, not the rule.

It's MUCH better on the AA side.
It's not that much better to hold out at Envoy in hopes of landing that parachute at AA. When I called out sick I could careless about the "attitude" schedulers gave me. Why? Because at the end of the day they have 0 effect on me if I'm unfit. At Eagle, I had the absolute BEST chief pilots in MIA so absolutely no complaints there. What Captain at Eagle/Envoy isn't bitter? The lifers? Or the ones who probably still preach "we should've voted yes"

So other than crew scheduling, chief pilots and training is it REALLY that much better or worth the wait? AA guys are just as bitter at AAG because of the tone upper management creates. Just look at the US Air guys.

I flew AA not too long ago, from the gate agent to the flight attendants I couldn't believe the garbage product that was delivered. Everyone's miserable.
stanherman is offline  
Old 07-27-2016, 08:09 AM
  #4212  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2016
Posts: 111
Default

Just got a call from recruitment about my August 15th class and they offered me an extra 5k if I chose anything but DFW E175.
Pcruz28 is offline  
Old 07-27-2016, 08:11 AM
  #4213  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2016
Position: newYORK
Posts: 114
Default

Originally Posted by citxls View Post
Everyone's miserable.

...I laugh when I read this kind of stuff or encounter people who are that unhappy, it only reminds me that I have no reason to complain and my life is not that bad!!!

disclaimer: not directed at you but a general statement/observation
leica typ240 is offline  
Old 07-27-2016, 10:54 AM
  #4214  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2013
Posts: 176
Default

New white shirts for new hires. What happened to the old blue ones that said envoy.
Mistek89 is offline  
Old 07-27-2016, 11:17 AM
  #4215  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Mar 2014
Posts: 787
Default

They switched to American Airlines white polos. It's part of AA's plan to highlight the fact we are part of them, and as an extension remind everyone about the flow.

Hence, our new uniform wings have the AA logo on them and don't say Envoy anywhere.
Skyvector is offline  
Old 07-27-2016, 11:21 AM
  #4216  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Dec 2015
Posts: 92
Default

Originally Posted by Mistek89 View Post
New white shirts for new hires. What happened to the old blue ones that said envoy.
They hand out both blue Envoy and white AA shirts in training. Someone in the class picks which to wear for the picture.
271c is offline  
Old 07-27-2016, 11:24 AM
  #4217  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Posts: 290
Default

Originally Posted by Eaglepilot84 View Post
That guy isn't a recruiter. I know a few of the recruiters and NOBODY talks like that or is that out of touch. My guess is that it's another troll who is trying to bait people into talking smack about envoy. And hey, it's working!

There's a select group of people on here with way too much time on their hands and way too much anger in their heart. cr700 is definitely one of them.
You are forgetting that we are on the same side. You are correct that I am not a recruiter but I do work closely with them. Recently at a job fair, I had a potential applicant ask me about how bad things really were at Envoy as that's all he sees on APC. It gets really old when these ax grinders that don't even work here have nothing better to do than bash Envoy on here. It took a bit but I was able to get the applicant to see the light and he is in an upcoming class. All regional's need as many applicants as they can get right now.

All Envoy types should be pulling together to help get the word out that it's really pretty good here.
cr700 is offline  
Old 07-27-2016, 11:30 AM
  #4218  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Posts: 290
Default

Originally Posted by Skyvector View Post
They switched to American Airlines white polos. It's part of AA's plan to highlight the fact we are part of them, and as an extension remind everyone about the flow.

Hence, our new uniform wings have the AA logo on them and don't say Envoy anywhere.
This is exactly correct. AA wants to highlight this so that potential recruits understand that they WILL be going to AA. And in the meantime, they are as much a part of AA as a 25 year 777 captain.
cr700 is offline  
Old 07-27-2016, 11:35 AM
  #4219  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2014
Posts: 210
Default

What's the earliest you can email swaps and drops to put in a drop request for next month? Can I do it now that the manual 48 hour window is open or do we have to wait for everything to finalize? I'm just trying to get my denied due to staffing response as soon as possible
LineUpAndPay is offline  
Old 07-27-2016, 11:41 AM
  #4220  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Jersdawg's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2014
Posts: 674
Default

Originally Posted by cr700 View Post
This is exactly correct. AA wants to highlight this so that potential recruits understand that they WILL be going to AA. And in the meantime, they are as much a part of AA as a 25 year 777 captain.
I must have missed the 16% 401k match and a zero on the end of my paycheck if I'm as much part of AA as that 777 guy. Also it was pretty weird, [convoluted jumpseat story pointing out the fact that we are not AA at all but Envoy redacted by me].

And things are not "all good" here. If you flew the line you would know that. They are 100% fixable, but right now our mgmt doesn't seem to want to make things better. If, among other things, the schedules were fixed, we were given s couple other crew bases, and mgmt stopped with the hostility towards pilots, we might have a better place to work. And those new hires reading APC would think more about coming here!

I know the company doesn't like the negative press on APC, and is it shooting myself in the foot to drive new hires away from here? Perhaps, but I also want to be realistic and post the most accurate picture of what ENY will be like to a new hire. Is it a terrible place to work? No. I've pointed that out in other posts. But it's certainly not great or even good right now.

I disagree with the axe grind types as much as you, but I also believe that it's just as dishonest to sell the other extreme, and that's exactly what you are doing.

Last edited by Jersdawg; 07-27-2016 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Flew too close to the jumpseat sun
Jersdawg is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
satpak77
Envoy Airlines
82
03-25-2020 05:55 AM
heading180
Regional
6098
08-18-2014 01:11 PM
bernoulli1129
Regional
1809
07-17-2014 12:05 PM
DFWEMB
Envoy Airlines
48
02-03-2014 09:52 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices