Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > JetBlue
JetBlue Latest and Greatest >

JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Notices

JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Old 05-06-2017, 09:09 PM
  #3361  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Posts: 281
Default

Originally Posted by thruthemurk View Post
Blow it out Your a$$. You are the type of dip**** juicer that makes this airline suck.

Median income? That includes French fry makers and wallmart greeters Einstein. I imagine you are lucky to be here-just pinch yourself!

Keep the fukc out of my cockpit.
I love this! Right on the money.
Beechnut is offline  
Old 05-06-2017, 11:04 PM
  #3362  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2016
Posts: 591
Default

Are we in the bottom 1% of those that have to spend 100k to qualify for the j.o.b.
BlueJetDork is offline  
Old 05-07-2017, 04:30 AM
  #3363  
Gets Weekends Off
 
CaptCoolHand's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: Left,Right, Left, Right,Right,Left, Right, Left
Posts: 3,150
Default

Originally Posted by Tom a Hawk View Post
Wow. Who are you so I can avoid you?
You should avoid me too. I completely agree with thruthemurk.

If you want to compare yourself to median America get a median job. MOST of us started this profession because it paid better.
CaptCoolHand is offline  
Old 05-07-2017, 05:25 AM
  #3364  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2015
Posts: 917
Default

I see we still have people helping out the company and making stand up PAs. This one is pretty unprofessional. Nobody gives a crap about your kids, why can't people just STFŰ? Nobody cares...


gif upload site
capt707 is offline  
Old 05-07-2017, 06:40 AM
  #3365  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: B6
Posts: 1,047
Default

Originally Posted by thruthemurk View Post
Blow it out Your a$$. You are the type of dip**** juicer that makes this airline suck.

Median income? That includes French fry makers and wallmart greeters Einstein. I imagine you are lucky to be here-just pinch yourself!

Keep the fukc out of my cockpit.
You must be a treat to fly with.......
hyperboy is offline  
Old 05-07-2017, 07:00 AM
  #3366  
What’s it doing now?
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: 190CA
Posts: 726
Default

Originally Posted by CaptCoolHand View Post
You should avoid me too. I completely agree with thruthemurk.

If you want to compare yourself to median America get a median job. MOST of us started this profession because it paid better.
I think a little perspective is important in this job. Some people have lost it and treat everyone around them like dirt. I.e. Murk. My perspective is that this is a six figure job where I don't see my boss, I don't have to deal with customers if I don't feel like it and everyone else in the company waits until we say we're ready to go. Literally everyone else has to get your approval.

Now that goes to some people's heads. They start to see everyone else as beneath them. They think if it's not what they want, it's wrong. And I lump cursing someone out for pointing out a little perspective as treating people like dirt. So quite simply, I'd rather not be treated like dirt because someone has an over inflated ego.
Tom a Hawk is offline  
Old 05-07-2017, 10:41 AM
  #3367  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,206
Default JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Originally Posted by Tom a Hawk View Post
I think a little perspective is important in this job. Some people have lost it and treat everyone around them like dirt. I.e. Murk. My perspective is that this is a six figure job where I don't see my boss, I don't have to deal with customers if I don't feel like it and everyone else in the company waits until we say we're ready to go. Literally everyone else has to get your approval.



Now that goes to some people's heads. They start to see everyone else as beneath them. They think if it's not what they want, it's wrong. And I lump cursing someone out for pointing out a little perspective as treating people like dirt. So quite simply, I'd rather not be treated like dirt because someone has an over inflated ego.


Thank you for a reasoned opinion. People seem to think that understanding we are very well paid equals not wanting a good CBA.

Last edited by Southerner; 05-07-2017 at 10:55 AM.
Southerner is offline  
Old 05-07-2017, 12:10 PM
  #3368  
Covfefe
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 3,001
Default

Originally Posted by Southerner View Post
Thank you for a reasoned opinion. People seem to think that understanding we are very well paid equals not wanting a good CBA.
Very well paid? No. We aren't very well paid. We are underpaid. You must have severe Stockholm syndrome.

Who are you comparing yourself to? The average 9-5 salesman? I worked harder in high school and college than they did, and sacrificed a hell of a lot more than they did. My siblings got real jobs and make way more than all but probably the top 3 execs at JB. My friends getting real jobs out of the military are making more than most JetBlue pilots, certainly starting out. Other professionals with similar intelligence, work ethic, and who have made similar financial and personal sacrifices to attain those jobs, is who I relate my compensation to, along with other major airline pilots (excluding the likes of spirit and frontier). Not burger flippers or the median/average knucklehead in America. I wish you and other "just lucky to have a job here, I'd do it for free, or at least 30% less than my peers bc of culture" landyard-less, non-unity peeps would get it. You aren't a regional pilot. Our first year and in some cases 2nd/3rd year pilots make less than many regional pilots, after spending years there already. And you think we are well compensated? Sickening.

If my wife didn't have income, and I hadn't gotten lucky investing my deployment money and other money I stashed away when I was single, I couldn't afford to give my wife, kids, and myself a decent standard of living off my JetBlue income and benefits. I don't know what is "very well paid" about that.
BeatNavy is offline  
Old 05-07-2017, 12:55 PM
  #3369  
Gets Weekends Off
 
CaptCoolHand's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: Left,Right, Left, Right,Right,Left, Right, Left
Posts: 3,150
Default

Originally Posted by Tom a Hawk View Post
I think a little perspective is important in this job. Some people have lost it and treat everyone around them like dirt. I.e. Murk. My perspective is that this is a six figure job where I don't see my boss, I don't have to deal with customers if I don't feel like it and everyone else in the company waits until we say we're ready to go. Literally everyone else has to get your approval.

Now that goes to some people's heads. They start to see everyone else as beneath them. They think if it's not what they want, it's wrong. And I lump cursing someone out for pointing out a little perspective as treating people like dirt. So quite simply, I'd rather not be treated like dirt because someone has an over inflated ego.
I agree with your point.

But however crass he comes off you do understand his pint as well don't you?
CaptCoolHand is offline  
Old 05-07-2017, 01:01 PM
  #3370  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,206
Default

Originally Posted by BeatNavy View Post
Very well paid? No. We aren't very well paid. We are underpaid. You must have severe Stockholm syndrome.



Who are you comparing yourself to? The average 9-5 salesman? I worked harder in high school and college than they did, and sacrificed a hell of a lot more than they did. My siblings got real jobs and make way more than all but probably the top 3 execs at JB. My friends getting real jobs out of the military are making more than most JetBlue pilots, certainly starting out. Other professionals with similar intelligence, work ethic, and who have made similar financial and personal sacrifices to attain those jobs, is who I relate my compensation to, along with other major airline pilots (excluding the likes of spirit and frontier). Not burger flippers or the median/average knucklehead in America. I wish you and other "just lucky to have a job here, I'd do it for free, or at least 30% less than my peers bc of culture" landyard-less, non-unity peeps would get it. You aren't a regional pilot. Our first year and in some cases 2nd/3rd year pilots make less than many regional pilots, after spending years there already. And you think we are well compensated? Sickening.



If my wife didn't have income, and I hadn't gotten lucky investing my deployment money and other money I stashed away when I was single, I couldn't afford to give my wife, kids, and myself a decent standard of living off my JetBlue income and benefits. I don't know what is "very well paid" about that.


If you don't understand that a six figure income is a good salary, then there's nothing more for us to discuss. That doesn't mean that we aren't due more in our CBA.
Southerner is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Zoomie
Major
36
01-28-2015 12:44 PM
iahflyr
Major
27
09-30-2014 10:04 AM
Mason32
Regional
270
07-27-2010 07:01 PM
Scott34567
Regional
39
05-29-2008 08:08 PM
Sir James
Major
0
07-29-2005 08:02 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread