Frontier Hiring.

Subscribe
386  786  836  876  882  883  884  885  886  887  888  889  890  896  936 
Page 886 of 948
Go to
Quote: Please, for all of us, be specific when talking to the recruiter about why your turning down the interview. Lowest pay, no hotels, etc. The more people that tell them no, the better.
That's exactly what I did myself. I told them via email, very politely, that upon further review of my personal finances, I wouldn't be able to afford commuting to reserve for $39/hr.
Quote: That's exactly what I did myself. I told them via email, very politely, that upon further review of my personal finances, I wouldn't be able to afford commuting to reserve for $39/hr.
From all of us here, thank you for taking the time to do that.
Quote: From all of us here, thank you for taking the time to do that.
At Frontier, you are on probation until completion of your first PC. In many cases, well over a year. At least 10 probationary pilots habe been fired recently (according to a reliable source). Something to think about.
Quote: That's exactly what I did myself. I told them via email, very politely, that upon further review of my personal finances, I wouldn't be able to afford commuting to reserve for $39/hr.
I also told them I couldn't take a 2 year pay cut as well as pay for my own hotel in training.

I suspect they will soon drop the PIC requirement.

7000 tt
1000 tpic
4yr degree
no failures

makes more sense to wait 2 more years for someone else to call
Quote: I also told them I couldn't take a 2 year pay cut as well as pay for my own hotel in training.

I suspect they will soon drop the PIC requirement.

7000 tt
1000 tpic
4yr degree
no failures

makes more sense to wait 2 more years for someone else to call
You think who will drop the PIC requirement? F9 invited me to interview with about 2900TT and 1400 121 SIC.
Quote: You think who will drop the PIC requirement? F9 invited me to interview with about 2900TT and 1400 121 SIC.
Frontier has a 500 pic requirement. I assumed that meant Turbine PIC, but I guess any PIC will do.
I used to DH and commute in uniform........
Not so much now, Im to embarrassed to let anyone know who I work for....not the people, just the mgmnt and ownership
Yea, I think that's general PIC. I have plenty of PIC from GA flying.

As a side note, I went to a Spirit job fair the following month with just shy of 3000TT and they told me to get lost.
Quote: At Frontier, you are on probation until completion of your first PC. In many cases, well over a year. At least 10 probationary pilots habe been fired recently (according to a reliable source). Something to think about.
Not quite...it’s the latter of your 1st year anniversary or your PC. Typically it ends up being your PC,tho.
Worth It?
Just received the offer to interview. While I know things are super volatile at F9 for the moment, I can't say I'd hate flying the bus. With that said, ultimate goal is UAL one day. Right now, I make a better than average salary working a state job flying a King Air (home every night). I know money isn't everything, but is it worth it to be super broke for a year of two building time in the bus waiting on a call from a legacy? Some close counsel of mine feel the state job hurts me for potential legacy 121 operators...

Any theoretical insight would be great!

Cheers!
386  786  836  876  882  883  884  885  886  887  888  889  890  896  936 
Page 886 of 948
Go to