Mesaba new hires

Subscribe
47  447  497  537  543  544  545  546  547  548  549  550  551  557  597  647 
Page 547 of 675
Go to
Quote: If I am confused then the Director of Ops must be confused and you are the only one who apparently is not confused because Director of Ops is the one who told us that by September 2009 XJ will get a second CRJ900 sim in MSP.

I am not saying Saabs will go away. I've heard Saab is no longer the cash cow that it was due to fuel price. I was referring to a previous poster who claimed that he knows for a factr that XJ will shrink and IF, this is a BIG IF, DAL decides to shrink XJ, which I think is unlikely, they will carry their "right size fleet" concept into downsizing the number of Saabs and CRJ200s and replace them with CRJ900. However, I do not think XJ will shrink in size so you are right, Saabs will be around a lot longer than most people think because they serve small regional airports where jets cannot land safely.

Yeah SAW has a tiny runway
Long live the Saab!!!
What is this Saab thing you all keep talking about? Is it one of those airplanes that have propellers?
Ok as far as the 200's go that Mesaba got from Pinnacle,(+ the original 2 from the factory for that matter) If they go to the paint shop for Delta colors and come back out with the currently blocked 6**XJ tail numbers near the engines then add 10% chance Mesaba keeps them at least for a couple years. If they come out with the same tail numbers they had with Pinnacle then figure they will go back to Pinnacle or go to the desert soon after a new pilot contract is signed at Pinnacle......
Are there still unallocated 900's, etc. that Delta will be "awarding" to their connection carrier of choice?
Quote: Ok as far as the 200's go that Mesaba got from Pinnacle,(+ the original 2 from the factory for that matter) If they go to the paint shop for Delta colors and come back out with the currently blocked 6**XJ tail numbers near the engines then add 10% chance Mesaba keeps them at least for a couple years. If they come out with the same tail numbers they had with Pinnacle then figure they will go back to Pinnacle or go to the desert soon after a new pilot contract is signed at Pinnacle......
Tail numbers really mean nothing..look at all the "CA" (ex comair) airplanes floating around at..Skywest and ASA.
Quote: The sims, located in the Mesaba training Center, are owned by NWA (now Delta), maintained by Pan Am who also instructs other airline CRJ pilots. Mesaba instructors teach "their" pilots in the sims.
That is what I figured...thanks
very true...with some SW registrations floating around at Comair and BR registrations at Comair and ASA
Quote: Tail numbers really mean nothing..look at all the "CA" (ex comair) airplanes floating around at..Skywest and ASA.
Think what he is trying to say is that if they bother to re-register the planes when they are painted might be a sign. Who knows, things change every second it seems.
I just heard that Mesaba's other 5 900s are going to Skywest for additional SLC flying. Anyone else hear this? Bad news for XJ
Quote: very true...with some SW registrations floating around at Comair and BR registrations at Comair and ASA
Here's what I've heard 'bout that...

The SW planes were at Comair, then went to SKW during the Comair strike in 2001. SKW had enough cash (or class) to change the N#. They returned to Comair in 2005 as "growth" in order to invoke the pay freeze, but Comair had neither the cash or class to change the N#s back to CA.

The BR CRJs were ACA's and came to DCI after IndependenceAir closed doors.
47  447  497  537  543  544  545  546  547  548  549  550  551  557  597  647 
Page 547 of 675
Go to