PDT News and Rumors

Subscribe
44  444  494  534  540  541  542  543  544  545  546  547  548  554  594  644  1044 
Page 544 of 1123
Go to
$90/hr top out to fly a 175? Ygtbsm! That is just an insult. They are hoping the PDT guys are looking at it as just a raise rather than what it really is - Flying large RKs for PSA peanuts. This will set a new low bar for the industry, set by 350 pilots no less. Please PDT, stand with everyone else!
Quote: Well if this deal is so crappy then it will reflect in the ability to get New Hires.
That's why airlines are unionized. New hires will go about anywhere. When one group builds up the industry by banding together then another offers something the newer people/weak pilots are "willing to put up with" it hurts everyone. So yes.. new hires will probably come but that doesn't mean it's a good deal.
Being a wholly owned puts us at a great disadvantage. You can compare independent airlines to us.
I bet PDT won't see the EJETS even if they vote this in, just a carrot.
Quote: There was a LOA proposal that was posted in EL sometime in the beginning of the year. It was a draft for a merger between Envoy and PDT. It had flow thru agreements and other things in it.

Like I said, how much damage would do a 355 people in a merge? Not that much, so for me it would be irrelevant. I rather have PDT guys joining us after a vote no, than bringing subpar wages and higher health care into the JBAC table.

Remember that concessions you give it won't come back, specially in a merger situation.

But that's just my point of view. I understand the "we will close you" sentiment and the fear of losing a job. Last decade it was possible and we saw it. Now this is a different decade, there's not a surplus of pilots going into the regionals.

It's your time to stand like you guys did before, now with the biggest regionals by your side. It's the only way to stop corporate greed.

Again, it's your guys decisions.
I agree

I've seen that proposed draft LOA and support the principle. Better to integrate than to have a new industry low created. Providing a lifeboat for eachother should be a goal on each ALPA property. I'm not sure about the PDT guys, but I'm pretty sick of being threatened with unemployment while my employer racks up $4 billion a year in profits while demanding concessions from pilots already on food stamps.

I get that it's a pay raise for all at PDT. What I don't get is setting a new industry low rate for an E175 when everybody else is flying them for:

RAH $116 (turned down contract offering $125)
SKW $114
CPZ $107
ENY $106 (same as CRJ700 rate from bankruptcy contract; new rates to be negotiated in 2016 for E175)
MESA $102 (CRJ900 rate is all I could find quickly)

The rate being offered to PDT is essentially the E145 rate at other regionals. .
^^Cujo is one of our most active union reps at Eagle. The LOA does exist. We all know the merger is inevitable.

Vote no, stand up with the rest of us, and you will still be flying those 175's, but with a much better raise than what Jerry Glass is offering you now.

Plus, we WILL have your backs during the merger.
Quote: I agree

I've seen that proposed draft LOA and support the principle. Better to integrate than to have a new industry low created. Providing a lifeboat for eachother should be a goal on each ALPA property. I'm pretty sick of being threatened with unemployment while my employer racks up $4 billion a year in profits while demanding concessions from pilots already on food stamps.

I get that it's a pay raise for all at PDT. What I don't get is setting a new industry low rate for an E175 when everybody else is flying them for:

SKW $114
CPZ $107
ENY $106 (same as CRJ700 rate from bankruptcy contract; new rates to be negotiated in 2016 for E175)

The rate being offered to PDT is essentially the E145 rate at other regionals. .
Seems lower.

I've seen that proposed draft LOA and support the principle. Better to integrate than to have a new industry low created. Providing a lifeboat for eachother should be a goal on each ALPA property. I'm pretty sick of being threatened with unemployment while my employer racks up $4 billion a year in profits while demanding concessions from pilots already on food stamps.

SKW $114
CPZ $107

Excuse me sir. Rational and independent thinking has no place here.

SKW $114
CPZ $107

This is the truth. We at Eagle are ready to stand strong with you guys.
Quote: Seems lower.
No, $90 is about where 12 year 145 pay is. Top rates with longer caps are higher.
44  444  494  534  540  541  542  543  544  545  546  547  548  554  594  644  1044 
Page 544 of 1123
Go to