Frontier Hiring.

Subscribe
223  623  673  713  719  720  721  722  723  724  725  726  727  733  773  823 
Page 723 of 948
Go to
Quote: Yep, first year pay at F9 sucks. No doubt about it. Second year pay as an FO is roughly equal to a junior captain at a regional. The issue with NAI is not primarily that of pay, it violates the bilaterally negotiated open Skies Agreement with over 100 member countries.
The crappy pay at NAI is the trickle down effect of skirting those labor laws.
Gotcha. Glad to hear second year is much better.
Second year pay at Frontier is what, ~40% below industry average? I have a hard time describing that as "much better." No offense intended.

After paying for your lodging during training and living on your $35K GROSS you won't find it relevant what junior RJ captains make. You'll care what A320 pilots make. Yes though, the jump to 67 an hour will be less of a financial burden than Frontier will have been up to that point.

After that first year beating I'd imagine grossing your 60k would start to grate on you even more while knowing that most everyone else out there is close or into 6 figures.
Quote: Second year pay at Frontier is what, ~40% below industry average? I have a hard time describing that as "much better." No offense intended.

After paying for your lodging during training and living on your $35K GROSS you won't find it relevant what junior RJ captains make. You'll care what A320 pilots make. Yes though, the jump to 67 an hour will be less of a financial burden than Frontier will have been up to that point.

After that first year beating I'd imagine grossing your 60k would start to grate on you even more while knowing that most everyone else out there is close or into 6 figures.
Regional guys are filling your classes though, because the QOL is an improvement. Hopefully you get a better contract.
Quote: Quick question,

How feasible would be to obtain MCO base right out of training?

Thx!
It's currently at least a 7+ month wait with 20+ waiting to get it in front of you if you were hired today. The last vsa had zero MCO slots, and the one before it had 5.
Junior DEN CA just went to 09/2013 DOH.
Quote: Thanks guys.

Last one: what's an approx take home pay for first year?
25 Pesos mi amigo!
Quote: I just got off first year pay and my w2 pay was equal to $2,240/month. I contributed 10% to my 401k, have myself, wife, & 3 kids on the high deductible health plan, put $30/check into a commuter parking account, and had an additional $25/check withheld for my HSA. My small check was around $750 take home and my big one was usually around $1,000. That was all at $37.69 so it'll be a tad more with current pay. On reserve, plan on guarantee and very little per diem.
why in hell would you make your family suffer like that... i get its a step from the regional airlines but at what cost.
Quote: I just got off first year pay and my w2 pay was equal to $2,240/month. I contributed 10% to my 401k, have myself, wife, & 3 kids on the high deductible health plan, put $30/check into a commuter parking account, and had an additional $25/check withheld for my HSA. My small check was around $750 take home and my big one was usually around $1,000. That was all at $37.69 so it'll be a tad more with current pay. On reserve, plan on guarantee and very little per diem.
Such a depressing post. Nice job still being able to put 10% toward the 401k. You must be a personal finance wizard.
Quote: why in hell would you make your family suffer like that... i get its a step from the regional airlines but at what cost.
You just answered your own question. And someone just broke down the cost. Please, stay at your regional. Troll.
Quote: You just answered your own question. And someone just broke down the cost. Please, stay at your regional. Troll.
He must have not made the cut at the interview.
223  623  673  713  719  720  721  722  723  724  725  726  727  733  773  823 
Page 723 of 948
Go to