Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
541  1041  1441  1491  1531  1537  1538  1539  1540  1541  1542  1543  1544  1545  1551  1591  1641  2041  2541 
Page 1541 of 2545
Go to
Quote: I liked that hotel! God dammit... The location was basically the reason. The Holiday inn is in an awful location, who wants to go to Rally's at a gas station...
Sent from my SM-G935V using
There's a Rasing Canes type chicken and fries place arocrss the overpass, it's a short walk, and a build your own burrito place like Moe's. That Rally's does suck.
Quote: Every time I've had to be subjected to this on a deadhead, my first thought is "shut up and get this POS moving so I can spend as little time in the back of this RJ as possible." I don't care to hear anything but the expected flight time.... I don't care about the route, the altitude, your breakfast meal, the color of the sky, or anything else that may be rambled about in these pre departure speeches. If there is a delay, just a quick reason why and how long... K.I.S.S. Keep it simple/short stupid.
Amen.

I’ve regrettably made just one announcement from that stupid thing only because the cockpit PA was deferred. Can’t say I witnessed excited smiling passengers, thankful captain awesome was standing before them reciting yet another sermon on flight blah-blah-blah from wherever to who cares. Instead, only irritation was reflected back, praying captain annoying would wrap up his unnecessary twaddle and get on with it.

Let us not pretend we're something more than what we are. "Hooper drives the boat, chief."
Keep in mind it say's "whenever possible"

I will interpret that as the company interprets so many contract issues that come up.
Great, another stupid petty issue we can argue about rather than focus on important matters. Enough with the divisions, folks.

If you want to do it, go ahead. Just like the hat, we are mostly adults here, have at it. End of.
Quote: Great, another stupid petty issue we can argue about rather than focus on important matters. Enough with the divisions, folks.

If you want to do it, go ahead. Just like the hat, we are mostly adults here, have at it. End of.
This. Stop making it a safety issue. If you are such a bad Captain that standing up and making an announcement risks you botching a departure, you may want to reconsider your career. Is it inconvenient? Is it silly? Yes. Is it dangerous. Never, ever could it be considered that. Making that argument makes you look like a moron.
The safety arguement aside, this new policy is more of a time management issue. To make this work, the welcome announcement would have to take place post pax boarding, post agent final count send off (so as to not clothesline him/her with the chord), while FA/FAs are securing the cabin and prior to door close to be able to capture that D0. More often times than not, this won't be possible without disrupting other pertinent tasks. I have yet to see Delta Pilots give a cabin welcome announcement and regret to say I only hear delta pilots give a cockpit welcome announcement about 40% of the time. Goes to prove yet again that we are held to a higher standard than mainline. About that 75 hour retention divisor.....
Quote: The safety arguement aside, this new policy is more of a time management issue. To make this work, the welcome announcement would have to take place post pax boarding, post agent final count send off (so as to not clothesline him/her with the chord), while FA/FAs are securing the cabin and prior to door close to be able to capture that D0. More often times than not, this won't be possible without disrupting other pertinent tasks. I have yet to see Delta Pilots give a cabin welcome announcement and regret to say I only hear delta pilots give a cockpit welcome announcement about 40% of the time. Goes to prove yet again that we are held to a higher standard than mainline. About that 75 hour retention divisor.....
I have seen Delta make many cabin welcome announcements. Additionally, I've also seen some talk to first class separately. I'm not sure why some are making this such a big deal and making excuses for not doing it. Either do it or don't. It's not that hard, and it really only takes about two minutes more than doing it from the flight deck. Same as the hat. Either wear it or not. End of story. Neither of these are enforceable if you choose not to do it.
Gimme that microphone!
The F/As preferred that we stay out of their way during the boarding process, but one time an agent mentioned that a Playmate of the Month would be on the flight.....
Quote: The F/As preferred that we stay out of their way during the boarding process, but one time an agent mentioned that a Playmate of the Month would be on the flight.....
Of that month? Or like July 1976? Haha

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
What's more likely on this below? Senior and tired captain or a recently upgraded 96 or 97 number type who had made a rookie mistake?

This week we had an event whereby the Captain cleared the pushback tug for movement while the parking brake was still set. The aircraft required a nose gear landing assembly change at a cost of $240,787.00 just for the parts. I share this as an example of a lack of attention to detail that negatively impacted our customers and had a substantial financial impact. Please stay fo- cused on safety and customer service.
541  1041  1441  1491  1531  1537  1538  1539  1540  1541  1542  1543  1544  1545  1551  1591  1641  2041  2541 
Page 1541 of 2545
Go to