Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
922  1422  1822  1872  1912  1918  1919  1920  1921  1922  1923  1924  1925  1926  1932  1972  2022  2422 
Page 1922 of 2545
Go to
Quote: If OO gets new 175's, they'll have to be 69 or 70 seat and they'd probably have to park the 700s with EV tails.

Are you living in the dark age? This was announced 6+ months ago, they start flying in weeks. 175SC, 70 seat 175, LGA base at OO
Quote: If you think a merger doesn't incite a mass exodus of pilots from 9E, I think you're crazy. It might be the most efficient way to get them on property, but probably not staffing them. How many years did the Pinnacolaba merger take to get over? According to some people, we still haven't...
That's possible. But if I'm Ed Bastian, that would bare little concern to me. Stagnation and wind downs cause exodus. Not mergers. But I know what you mean. Pan Am had 737 FOs become more senior that 747 CAs during their merger with National in 1980.
Quote: Are you living in the dark age? This was announced 6+ months ago, they start flying in weeks. 175SC, 70 seat 175, LGA base at OO
No but maybe your man bits are.
Quote: So you have a training program, CKA'S, a certified simulator, AOM, FOM, checklists, WBCM, MMEL etc. just sitting idle somewhere collecting dust??
I can’t say we do or don’t, but neither can you. Last I heard was 9E has its fingers on or nearby a sim, mx personnel were working on a program, check airman were scheduled to get trained but did not go at the last minute. So we don’t officially have a “program created,” we’ve got the ground work laid out to pick back up with the process.
Quote: 3) Staple? Good way to immediately anger 600+ future fellow pilots. I oppose stapling an entire pilot group below us. Bad and unfair.
From our perspective, a staple would suck for those guys, but if I was sitting at a company that was going under, I would be PRAYING for a staple. It would be a life raft to pilots of a drowning company. It is SO much better than bleeding the company dry, everyone getting laid off and having to reapply to wherever.

I'm not a pilot who says "**** the other guy, as long as I'm ok, I don't care" I'm actually quite the opposite. I'll give someone the shirt off my back if he needs it, but that's not what we're talking about.

I had the option to go to other companies (and I did start somewhere else), but one of the main reasons I came to 9E is because of the stability associated with Delta owning 9E. I made a smart decision (at least for the moment it seems like it was smart) and I don't think that someone who made a bad decision should have higher seniority than I do.

An argument can be made that compass isn't a "drowning company"...but for the purpose of this post, I'm speaking in generalities
2018 Tax breaks gone?
Has anyone else stopped tipping as a result of 2018 business expense deductions being removed from pilots tax filings?

They say we get more back but there was a lot being deducted.

Anyone know the 2018 tax impacts, if any, for Per Diem?
Quote: Has anyone else stopped tipping as a result of 2018 business expense deductions being removed from pilots tax filings?

Pretty sure the per diem deduction stayed. So we're good there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Quote: I can’t say we do or don’t, but neither can you. Last I heard was 9E has its fingers on or nearby a sim, mx personnel were working on a program, check airman were scheduled to get trained but did not go at the last minute. So we don’t officially have a “program created,” we’ve got the ground work laid out to pick back up with the process.
I'm told we had everything but the sim. But who knows. There's far too much speculation in here for me today haha

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Quote: Has anyone else stopped tipping as a result of 2018 business expense deductions being removed from pilots tax filings?

No, I haven't stopped tipping.

You can no longer claim the difference in per diem for 2018...no more business expenses whatsoever...no more haircuts, dry cleaning, union dues, nothing.

No Mr Pink I still tip.
922  1422  1822  1872  1912  1918  1919  1920  1921  1922  1923  1924  1925  1926  1932  1972  2022  2422 
Page 1922 of 2545
Go to