JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Subscribe
215  615  665  705  711  712  713  714  715  716  717  718  719  725  765  815  1215 
Page 715 of 1383
Go to
Quote: (Airbus) Line in FLL, prob 3 years and change potentially increasing with all the senior MCO 190 guys bailing to FLL 320. JFK 4-5 months.

Hard to accurately say due to all the shuffling of senior people bidding for $. Will take a few system bids for everything to settle in. Safe to say FLL is becoming senior, probably 2.5 years to hold it at all.
Holding a line in jfk in 4-5 months really? Wow didn’t know it dropped that low.
Quote: Holding a line in jfk in 4-5 months really? Wow didn’t know it dropped that low.
For the 190, I think the bus is still holding somewhere around 10 months.
Quote: Sounds like you guys are unhappy , Not what I was expecting at all. So long story short , I have an interview coming up, currently at a regional with American flow ( 5 years still ) I have 13 off a month , 8 days I can request off each month. Truthfully, without being *****y towards the company what do the schedules look like for new hires after line training . Can I hold MCO
Paycheck and days off.

With that said, ten years from now would you rather be at American or Jetblue?

A short term gain by coming to JB vs. long term at AA? One could argue that the fate of AA is much more certain than the fate of JB.

And don't buy in to all the culture BS. Every company has good and bad people in the CP office. Buying in to the culture is akin to joining a cult.

Gup
Take the $$ equation out for a moment. You are going to make plenty of money at either airline. Will you make more at AA over your career, yes! But you will make good money here as well. So, QOL is way more important. Let’s face it, if you can’t be happy making 250k and even more, then you have other issues. The money isn’t everything. Happiness is! Choose the company you would be happiest at, the money will follow.
Stock price is below $17/share. We are getting less and less expensive to buy by the day......
Quote: Stock price is below $17/share. We are getting less and less expensive to buy by the day......
But, but Gigity addressed that on an 'ask 'section and she said we're not for sale. I believe her . I enjoyed reading the comments section and all those that thanked her for her honesty - she might send you a post card from her HDN hideaway.
Quote: Take the $$ equation out for a moment. You are going to make plenty of money at either airline. Will you make more at AA over your career, yes! But you will make good money here as well. So, QOL is way more important. Let’s face it, if you can’t be happy making 250k and even more, then you have other issues. The money isn’t everything. Happiness is! Choose the company you would be happiest at, the money will follow.
This. I've got a chance to go to the highest paying airline, but am having some difficulty making myself care. Life is fine, I make enough money, and I mostly just want to do my job and then get back to the things I like doing, which includes finding a satisfying and sustainable way to make side income.

Also interested in seeing how the whole getting bought thing plays out.
Quote: But, but Gigity addressed that on an 'ask 'section and she said we're not for sale. I believe her . I enjoyed reading the comments section and all those that thanked her for her honesty - she might send you a post card from her HDN hideaway.

Clearly, everyone is for sale for the right price. Its just bothersome that they can't be open and honest with us. Sort of like how we are all about "organic growth" when we were trying to buy virgin

Our market cap is 5.242B. Not a bad deal for 240ish airplanes, 3600 pilots, and great real estate in JFK, FLL, MCO, and BOS

Isn't the cost of the JFK expansion supposed to be about 1/2 of our market cap?
Quote: Clearly, everyone is for sale for the right price. Its just bothersome that they can't be open and honest with us. Sort of like how we are all about "organic growth" when we were trying to buy virgin

Our market cap is 5.242B. Not a bad deal for 240ish airplanes, 3600 pilots, and great real estate in JFK, FLL, MCO, and BOS

So market cap is 5.3. Meaning it would cost 8b to buy out.
Quote: Clearly, everyone is for sale for the right price. Its just bothersome that they can't be open and honest with us. Sort of like how we are all about "organic growth" when we were trying to buy virgin

According to this article it's $2-3B for the expansion.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/jetblue-closer-to-expansion-at-jfk/

So maybe more than half our market cap. I didn't realize how expensive it was going to be. This doesn't bode well for expanding the fleet size. We will be leveraged up to the hilt.

If we had held cash instead of buying back $1B of stock at $22/share maybe it wouldn't require as much financing.
Maybe we can use the steady stream of profits from our tech ventures to pay for it.
215  615  665  705  711  712  713  714  715  716  717  718  719  725  765  815  1215 
Page 715 of 1383
Go to